wild justice again

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
greencard1
Perch
Perch

wild justice again

Post by greencard1 »

Wild Justice are suing the government over the release of game birds onto land that is home to rare and threatened species.

Mark Avery says that there is evidence that game birds eat endangered insects and plant life, unbalancing the delicate ecology of the sites.
He also said that game bird excrement adds to the over enrichment of fragile ecosystems, and that releasing millions of game birds into the wild boosts predators such as foxes crows and rats.

My newspaper states that the communications director from The British Association for Shooting and Conservation said, 'Wild Justice aren't only looking at protected sites, they're looking at massive buffer zones around them. That would effectively cripple game shooting in large areas, taking with it all the jobs and conservation work it does.'

Can't help thinking Wild Justice are gearing up to have a crack at Angling.

Is it just me, or is it hypocritical that Wild Justice complain about a bird of Chinese origin 'unbalancing delicate ecology'; but defend another bird of Chinese origin that has done untold (literally) damage to the delicate ecology of freshwater fish? :shrug:
JohnCopeman
Perch
Perch

Re: wild justice again

Post by JohnCopeman »

Wild Justice couldn't care less about any insect live....one agenda I'm affraid.
It's to ban what they don't like.
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

As a shooting advocate I'm afraid some shoots play right into their hands, as with hunting if the shooting fraternity don't self regulate tighter guidelines then potentially the majority may be swallowing a very bitter pill in the future...
Esoxuk
Perch
Perch

Post by Esoxuk »

Stew I'm sure whatever the shooting fraternity do to improve their position / image, Wild Justice will still try and bulldoze their agenda through. As others have said sooner or later fishing will be actively ostracised, its the type of w*****s they are I'm afraid.
R.O. Rotherham & Sheffield PAC (RA99)
PAC Products Manager
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Their claims are full of ambiguities.
The evidence referred is singular and has not been peer reviewed.

A baseline study is required before damage to an ecosystem can be accurately assessed.

Protected sites such as SSSI's and NNR's all have Management Plans agreed and signed by Gov scientists and landowners, all operations beyond those contained within the Plan require written Gov consent and regular monitoring if agreed.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus