Getting rid of rats

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
JohnCopeman
Perch
Perch

Re: Getting rid of rats

Post by JohnCopeman »

The boy......aged about 8 with his first ever brace of duck....single barrel Army&Navy .410.
I started about same age with a Salter & Varge and my first " Game" shot was a hare.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnCopeman
Perch
Perch

Post by JohnCopeman »

My favourite little side lever.......New Bond Street address too.
Wish I had photo's of all the ones we have had, there have been one or two🤣🤣
Had a Boss .410 that had been a Rook Rifle....gunsmith who bought it was going to put it back to a rifle.
Most " spacial " we had was a single barrel.12 3inch chamber Live Pigeon gun built by Charles Boswell for himself.....such a great Live Pigeon man he only needed one shot. It only had a very short rib above the chamber...I couldn't hit a barn door with it as I found myself looking down the side. That went to Tasmania for Wallaby as it was 3 inch.
It's actual i n Boothroyds book- the Blue one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Mike J wrote: Fri Feb 26 2021 13:18 -
stubbojo wrote: Fri Feb 19 2021 22:47 -
9mm bolt action shot gun sorts em out , went ratting on an very old farm really run down ,
with ferrets me and the son were armed with 4.10 bolt action and the 9mm bolt action shot gun
never seen so many rats .......think we shot over 30 rats and the ferrets had a few too
when i was younger i had lurchers , terriers , ferrets, proper hunter gatherer ...... loved it

Blimey, a 9mm Garden Gun they are something to remember, do you still have it?

At 13 my first cartridge gun was a Webley 410, using a Fourlong no:5 even knocked over a fox with it.

Those really were the days, can you imagine a 13year old owning a shotgun in todays society.

yes mike i still have it
its an anschutz shot gun bolt action really nice well made gun .......
had some good fun with this gun in places you cant use a heavier gauge gun for safety reasons and damage limitation...
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

JohnCopeman wrote: Sun Mar 07 2021 17:44 -
The boy......aged about 8 with his first ever brace of duck....single barrel Army&Navy .410.
I started about same age with a Salter & Varge and my first " Game" shot was a hare.
that picture reminds me of my son on his first outing with me he also shot a hare , cracking shot too
he would be about 12 years old at the time ......