Permissions

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Kev Berry

Permissions

Post by Kev Berry »

If someone were to offer rabbit/rat/canada..grey goose/cormorant control on a 150 acre site.....what would you expect to pay or be paid?
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Re: Permissions

Post by SmellySmelt »

Kev Berry wrote: Sat Apr 24 2021 09:10 -
If someone were to offer rabbit/rat/canada..grey goose/cormorant control on a 150 acre site.....what would you expect to pay or be paid?
That’s pest control, so whoever is carrying out the control should either do it as a hobby for free or paid if a pest controller. Well that’s my take on it.
benelli
Roach
Roach

Post by benelli »

As above wouldn't pay or expect to be paid for that.
Graham Osbourne
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Graham Osbourne »

Kev are you selling or buying ?
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Graham Osbourne wrote: Sat Apr 24 2021 19:50 -
Neither...just a query to to see what shooting folk think....to do with some private business
Brian Springthorpe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Brian Springthorpe »

On my permissions I offer free pest control and get plenty of takers, only thing I pay for is deer stalking , driven game and the odd wildfowling trip.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

In my work I used private individuals for rabbit and goose control.
The goose shooters were on an as required basis and were all invitees. I supplied the cartridges and issued instructions on how, when and where. The shot geese they could keep up to 6 per gun, the remainder I disposed of to farmers suffering damage.
Rabbiters were on an annual contract which stipulated property boundaries, methods and best practice as often they were operating in public view. The rabbits they could keep, initially numbers were substantial and many went to butchers. I also provided them with references to other landowners.
Cormorants I controlled personally.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Kev Berry wrote: Sat Apr 24 2021 21:36 -
Neither...just a query to to see what shooting folk think....to do with some private business
if you were offering that in Cheshire you would be on a earner kev
i recon between 500 to a grand if it was offered here
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

stubbojo wrote: Sun May 09 2021 18:17 -
Kev Berry wrote: Sat Apr 24 2021 21:36 -
if you were offering that in Cheshire you would be on a earner kev
i recon between 500 to a grand if it was offered here
Thanks for that :thumbs:
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

SmellySmelt wrote: Sat Apr 24 2021 12:52 -
That’s pest control, so whoever is carrying out the control should either do it as a hobby for free or paid if a pest controller. Well that’s my take on it.
them days are long gone pal , every landowner knows theys paying folk out there , you just cant get shooting permission ..... like the old days when you used to bung half a dozen rabbits to the farmer , and now you have Eco friendly farmers who are dead against shooting folk on there land ...... times are changing pal .......
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »

stubbojo wrote: Sat Jun 05 2021 20:29 -
them days are long gone pal , every landowner knows theys paying folk out there , you just cant get shooting permission ..... like the old days when you used to bung half a dozen rabbits to the farmer , and now you have Eco friendly farmers who are dead against shooting folk on there land ...... times are changing pal .......
Thank fook I live in Ireland then. I did plenty of rough shooting, ferreting and trapping free of charge in Scotland also.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

SmellySmelt wrote: Sat Jun 05 2021 21:34 -
Thank fook I live in Ireland then. I did plenty of rough shooting, ferreting and trapping free of charge in Scotland also.
i am coming to Ireland , not that long ago a spent a day trying to get permisson from various farms over the cheshire area to no avail
most of them were dead against shooting in generel ....and some of them farms i used to shoot on maybe 20 years back
or they had a sydicate on the farms rearing pheasants ....big money men took over the shooting on the estates
talking to one chap on a pigeon roost shoot i used to be in .....paid 10,000 a year each on the pheasnt shoot....phew
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »

stubbojo wrote: Mon Jun 07 2021 20:07 -
i am coming to Ireland , not that long ago a spent a day trying to get permisson from various farms over the cheshire area to no avail
most of them were dead against shooting in generel ....and some of them farms i used to shoot on maybe 20 years back
or they had a sydicate on the farms rearing pheasants ....big money men took over the shooting on the estates
talking to one chap on a pigeon roost shoot i used to be in .....paid 10,000 a year each on the pheasnt shoot....phew
Yes totally different over here. I do a bit of terrier work and that’s the best way in getting permission here. They’d be nearly paying you :laughs:
Yes the formal shooting is very pricey alright!!
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

SmellySmelt wrote: Tue Jun 08 2021 02:04 -
stubbojo wrote: Mon Jun 07 2021 20:07 -
Yes totally different over here. I do a bit of terrier work and that’s the best way in getting permission here. They’d be nearly paying you :laughs:
Yes the formal shooting is very pricey alright!!
the thing is , i used to do a lot of dog work years back on various estates picking up , the class of pheasant shooting was shocking , these guys would turn up in there helicopters and rolls Royce and Ferrari s , and they where s***e at shooting , and the birds came over so low it was shameful....most of them were s***e birds too .....but there they was paying big money for diabolical shooting .......stopped picking up not long after as there was other guys on there with there dogs out of control , running in , biting and fighting other dogs , ripping into the birds ......total idiots ...that was it for me .....offski