Whats it worth ?

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Jeffire
Perch
Perch

Whats it worth ?

Post by Jeffire »

Just been left the following
Weihrauch HW 80K air rifle fitted with Hawke panorama EV 3.9 x 40 AO IR scope in carry bag .
I have taken it to be checked over but bloke said he will do so but its probably been hardly used its in such a nice condition .
I have never been into guns and could,nt shoot anything so will be selling what sort of money should i be asking ?
Thanks
juttle
Perch
Perch

Re: Whats it worth ?

Post by juttle »

The recommended retail is over £700 with a scope: https://www.theairguncentre.com/weihrauch-hw-80-k

Unused secondhand probably isn’t going to be much short of the new price, although a bit of adjustment might be needed for the scope. End of the day, it’s only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it but it’s a quality bit of kit so don’t let it go for silly money!
Bob
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Before you sell it you should have it confirmed by a gunsmith that it is below the legal 12ftlbs pressure for an air rifle.
If it is above 12ftlbs it is classified as a firearm and you will need to contact the Police Firearms section to retain or sell it.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Jeffire
Perch
Perch

Post by Jeffire »

Yeah thats why i took it into the gunsmiths to get it checked 👍
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Please note the sale of guns is not allowed on this forum
Jeffire
Perch
Perch

Post by Jeffire »

Not selling it on here it will probably go through the gunsmiths just wanted a value to see if its the same as his. And it is,nt.
Pinkie
Perch
Perch

Post by Pinkie »

Jeffire wrote: Thu Aug 05 2021 21:20 -
Just been left the following
Weihrauch HW 80K air rifle fitted with Hawke panorama EV 3.9 x 40 AO IR scope in carry bag .
I have taken it to be checked over but bloke said he will do so but its probably been hardly used its in such a nice condition .
I have never been into guns and could,nt shoot anything so will be selling what sort of money should i be asking ?
Thanks
It's a nice air rifle! I have one that I bought over ten years ago for just below £400.
Jeffire
Perch
Perch

Post by Jeffire »

👍
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

my son bought one at a game fair probably over 10 years back ....it was mint 180 squid i think he got it for