Selling Air Rifles

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Selling Air Rifles

Post by Steve Dennington »

Does anyone know where would be best to offer air rifles for sale?

I have a 1991 Airgun Centre tuned Zephyr 77 (based on a Weihrauch HW77 carbine - .177 calibre) and a Theoben Evolution .22, plus an Optima Moonlighter scope. I used to use them to control rats in the garden, but rampant development has meant that the once isolated house is now surrounded by new housing and I don't feel that it's safe to use an air rifle in the garden anymore :no:
benelli
Roach
Roach

Re: Selling Air Rifles

Post by benelli »

Join airgun forum and get a idea on prices etc then sell there or gunstar, guntrader sites.
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

Post by martin(rockape) »

Steve Dennington wrote: Thu Oct 07 2021 13:22 -
Does anyone know where would be best to offer air rifles for sale?

I have a 1991 Airgun Centre tuned Zephyr 77 (based on a Weihrauch HW77 carbine - .177 calibre) and a Theoben Evolution .22, plus an Optima Moonlighter scope. I used to use them to control rats in the garden, but rampant development has meant that the once isolated house is now surrounded by new housing and I don't feel that it's safe to use an air rifle in the garden anymore :no:
I've recently sold all mine on airgunbbs all good buyers. Took me about 2 weeks to sell the lot all face to face. My rifle cabinet and some targets went to a club up in Manchester, had to wait about 3 weeks for them to collect but everything paid for up front.

Regards

Martin
Martin Alexander aka Alex, Spic.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Cheers both, I'll look into those options.

I bought the Evolution from The Airgun Centre and offered the Zephyr in part exchange at the time, but was offered £80! It has a grade 3 walnut thumbhole stock and ought to be worth more than that, I'd have thought.
D10bore
Roach
Roach

Post by D10bore »

Sold my theoben evolution.20 £350 ,in 177 a good cal to have ,about the same,the weirach 77 another good rifle about the same again good luck,….Mike
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Makes me wonder what my BSA Airsporter 0.22, circa 1972, might be worth?
Peter Newman
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

peteren wrote: Fri Oct 08 2021 17:49 -
I had the BSA Buccaneer, basically a break barrel airsporter and priced it at £450 a couple of years ago. I reckon a good condition airsporter would fetch at least that!

Don't ask what happened to the buck!! :mad: :cry:
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Bob Watson wrote: Fri Oct 08 2021 19:29 -
I had the BSA Buccaneer, basically a break barrel airsporter and priced it at £450 a couple of years ago. I reckon a good condition airsporter would fetch at least that!

Blimey. I've got an old Airsporter somewhere too. No idea on age, but it's an old 'un. It belonged to my great uncle.
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Thanks Bob - maybe I won't keep it for pinging tree rats off the birdfeeeders!
Peter Newman
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Steve Dennington wrote: Fri Oct 08 2021 20:36 -

Blimey. I've got an old Airsporter somewhere too. No idea on age, but it's an old 'un. It belonged to my great uncle.
I'll give you £20 for it :laughs:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

peteren wrote: Fri Oct 08 2021 20:38 -
Thanks Bob - maybe I won't keep it for pinging tree rats off the birdfeeeders!
Ditto!! :wink:
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Yep, it is an Airsporter. I thought it was. I have no idea how old this one is, but it will be an early one I reckon.

Here it is, below my Zephyr 77.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

Don't think you'll get anywhere near that price.
An Airsporter in good condition about £150 £180.

It will also depend on what Mk it is. Unfortunately i don't have a list of serial numbers which would tell you what Mk your rifle is but look on the underside of the barrel then on one of the above airgun forums someone will give will be able to tell you what you need to know with a possible value.

Regards

Martin
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

martin(rockape) wrote: Sun Oct 17 2021 22:42 -

It will also depend on what Mk it is. Unfortunately i don't have a list of serial numbers which would tell you what Mk your rifle is but look on the underside of the barrel then on one of the above airgun forums someone will give will be able to tell you what you need to know with a possible value.

Regards

Martin
That figure i gave was for a MK5 or MK6.

Regards

Martin
peteren
Barbel
Barbel

Post by peteren »

Regards

Martin
My local gun shop said similar for my Airsporter.
He wasn't interested in refurb / re-powering it with new washer / spring - said it's a prisonable crime if it then exceeds power limits!
Peter Newman
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

peteren wrote: Mon Oct 18 2021 07:34 -

Regards

Martin
He wasn't interested in refurb / re-powering it with new washer / spring - said it's a prisonable crime if it then exceeds power limits!
As you will no doubt know there is a legal limit with regards to power on an air rifle of 12Ft Lbs anything above that would make it illegal unless its on the owners fire arms certificate.

I'm not sure but i don't think the airsporter was built anywhere near the 12ft Lb legal limit.

People get fixated on the power out put of thier air rifles when in actual fact it makes no difference sub legal limit. The most import thing is accuracy.

Regards

Martin
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

martin(rockape) wrote: Sun Oct 17 2021 22:44 -

Regards

Martin
That figure i gave was for a MK5 or MK6.

Regards

Martin
Thanks Martin. The serial number starts GB, so evidently it's a MK1. From what I've been able find so far, it's:

"GB prefix - 13,000 made ~ Early 1956 - December 1958"
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

That is a old one Steve.

Will.
Roger5
Roach
Roach

Post by Roger5 »

martin(rockape) wrote: Mon Oct 18 2021 08:43 -

Regards

Martin
As you will no doubt know there is a legal limit with regards to power on an air rifle of 12Ft Lbs anything above that would make it illegal unless its on the owners fire arms certificate.

I'm not sure but i don't think the airsporter was built anywhere near the 12ft Lb legal limit.

People get fixated on the power out put of thier air rifles when in actual fact it makes no difference sub legal limit. The most import thing is accuracy.

Regards

Martin
Very true Martin, accuracy always trumps power, I shoot AirArms pcps, I also strip and rebuild them for people I know, been doing it since I got my first S400 in 2009 I also have a couple of Weihrauchs an 80 and a 95 nice springers. Rog
martin(rockape)
Barbel
Barbel

Roger5 wrote: Tue Oct 18 2022 23:57 -

Regards

Martin

Regards

Martin
Very true Martin, accuracy always trumps power, I shoot AirArms pcps, I also strip and rebuild them for people I know, been doing it since I got my first S400 in 2009 I also have a couple of Weihrauchs an 80 and a 95 nice springers. Rog
Fired a HW95 that had been fettled by Sandwell Field Sports.......very very nice to shoot.

Sold every single bit of my shooting gear about 2 years ago as I'd lost interest, this gives me more time for fishing.

Regards

Martin
Roger5
Roach
Roach

Post by Roger5 »

martin(rockape) wrote: Wed Oct 19 2022 00:02 -

Regards

Martin

Regards

Martin
Fired a HW95 that had been fettled by Sandwell Field Sports.......very very nice to shoot.

Sold every single bit of my shooting gear about 2 years ago as I'd lost interest, this gives me more time for fishing.

Regards

Martin
Shame that, you never know when you might need a gun, can put food on the table, in these troubled times. Rog
Brian Springthorpe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Brian Springthorpe »

martin(rockape) wrote: Wed Oct 19 2022 00:02 -

Regards

Martin

Regards

Martin

Regards

Martin
I did the total opposite and sold up my gear as shooting had taken over from fishing, kept 1 pike rod as I get the urge to go out now and then on the river.
Thought fishing was expensive but after buying various guns, night vision and thermal kit I’m scared to add up what I’ve spent
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Brian Springthorpe wrote: Wed Oct 19 2022 22:14 -
I did the total opposite and sold up my gear as shooting had taken over from fishing, kept 1 pike rod as I get the urge to go out now and then on the river.
Thought fishing was expensive but after buying various guns, night vision and thermal kit I’m scared to add up what I’ve spent
As with all hobbies, it can be eye-wateringly expensive if you want/allow it to be :smile:
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

Just bought another Theoben Rapid,
Some nice bits added to the gun by the previous owner but something isn’t right…..
It’s off to Kev G in Doncaster who is apparently the man for these guns

So will see how much this short lived hobbie will cost 😂
That Perkins !!! 😂
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Carlperkins wrote: Thu Oct 20 2022 18:12 -
Some nice bits added to the gun by the previous owner but something isn’t right…..

Well if it’s all looking to be to much for y’a I’ll give you a ton to take the whole lot off y’a hands :thumbs:
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

😂
And I will give you a ton for your whiskey collection 🥳
That Perkins !!! 😂
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Carlperkins wrote: Thu Oct 20 2022 19:17 -
😂
And I will give you a ton for your whiskey collection 🥳
:laughs:
I think I’ve got a bottle I could decant you a measure from for that price :wink: :laughs:
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

😂
That Perkins !!! 😂
Brian Springthorpe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Brian Springthorpe »

Let us know when it’s sorted Carl, I’ll take you out to a nice Rat shoot permission i have
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben »

No need to send it away mate, it’s your sausage fingers and mole like eyes that are the issue here.

I’ll give you ten bottles of jamesons for it 😃👍🏼