my dog is p****d off

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

my dog is p****d off

Post by stubbojo »

my name is finn
i loved retrieving wood pigeon every now and then , ha ho , i will just dream of sinking my knashers into packhams b******s .........
finn having a kip 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Re: my dog is p****d off

Post by Steve Dennington »

Have I missed something? Packham surely hasn't managed to make it illegal to shoot woodies has he? :eek:
lakefisher
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by lakefisher »

He did - but apparently its just been rescinded - see here
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 58471.html
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »

This all started from the hunting ban in 2004. That was their first strike.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

lakefisher wrote: Thu Oct 14 2021 18:57 -
He did - but apparently its just been rescinded - see here
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 58471.html
no pal you cant shoot woodies on a stubble field ......its now called indiscriminately shooting of wildlife and you will be prosecuted ...sad but true
my mate nearly got arrested by the bobbies a few weeks back..........thats including air rifles
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Steve Dennington wrote: Thu Oct 14 2021 18:36 -
Have I missed something? Packham surely hasn't managed to make it illegal to shoot woodies has he? :eek:
he has instigated it all and now its the law .......
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

SmellySmelt wrote: Fri Oct 15 2021 17:29 -
This all started from the hunting ban in 2004. That was their first strike.
crafty t***s this all went down throughout the pandemic and it got sneaked in the backdoor while we was not focused on doing any shooting.... as you could not go out and fish or shoot
2019/2020/2021.....sneaky t***s :yours:
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

theirs going to be a pigeon boom with hardly any getting shot ......the downside the farmers will lose out yet again .....
it makes sense to keep the numbers down .....wood pigeons can do a lot of damage to crops
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

stubbojo wrote: Tue Dec 21 2021 21:32 -
theirs going to be a pigeon boom with hardly any getting shot ......the downside the farmers will lose out yet again .....
it makes sense to keep the numbers down .....wood pigeons can do a lot of damage to crops

Years back we had to main forms woodpigeon control
One was to go nest poking (no giggling at the back)! which involved walking the hedgerows in summer and poking the woodies nests off the limbs of the trees, it didn't matter if there were chicks or eggs, just shove the whole lot off the branch and onto the next.

The other was organsised roost shoots which were held on specific nights across the whole country after the game shooting season ended. If you were involved there were several advantages, cartridges were subsidised by apx 60% by the Min of Ag to local Rabbit Clearance Societies, the other you could be invited to shoot in the woods of the large estates where under normal curumstances it was forbidden even to enter.

Nest poking simply encouraged pigeons to breed all year round, subsidised cartridges ended when individuals were caught using them for clay shooting.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

Mike J wrote: Thu Dec 23 2021 16:50 -

One was to go nest poking (no giggling at the back)! which involved walking the hedgerows in summer and poking the woodies nests off the limbs of the trees, it didn't matter if there were chicks or eggs, just shove the whole lot off the branch and onto the next.

The other was organsised roost shoots which were held on specific nights across the whole country after the game shooting season ended. If you were involved there were several advantages, cartridges were subsidised by apx 60% by the Min of Ag to local Rabbit Clearance Societies, the other you could be invited to shoot in the woods of the large estates where under normal curumstances it was forbidden even to enter.

Nest poking simply encouraged pigeons to breed all year round, subsidised cartridges ended when individuals were caught using them for clay shooting.

It’s a bit like Cormorant control Mike, when my dad was younger if you shot a cormorant on the solway and snipped if it’s top beak then sent away to rivers authority u got money back, plenty salmon back then and not many cormorants now it’s reversed and the salmon are almost extinct
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

piker al wrote: Thu Dec 23 2021 20:44 -

It’s a bit like Cormorant control Mike, when my dad was younger if you shot a cormorant on the solway and snipped if it’s top beak then sent away to rivers authority u got money back, plenty salmon back then and not many cormorants now it’s reversed and the salmon are almost extinct
trouble is these do gooders..... dont do much good..... in the long term , its all finely balanced nature ok protect birds , but thats what happens they start eating all your salmon and other fish , just control the numbers like we always have ......you dont have to wipe a species out ......its called conservation .......but i get fed up trying to explain it to people who dont want to listen ....its called ignorance........

rant over
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

stubbojo wrote: Thu Jan 06 2022 18:40 -

trouble is these do gooders..... dont do much good..... in the long term , its all finely balanced nature ok protect birds , but thats what happens they start eating all your salmon and other fish , just control the numbers like we always have ......you dont have to wipe a species out ......its called conservation .......but i get fed up trying to explain it to people who dont want to listen ....its called ignorance........

rant over
The problem with all these bans, is once they are through and become law ... the do gooders are already plotting to ban the next thing, many of them have nothing better to do in life.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Alex Fox wrote: Fri Jan 07 2022 21:28 -

rant over
The problem with all these bans, is once they are through and become law ... the do gooders are already plotting to ban the next thing, many of them have nothing better to do in life.
how right you are alex , but they cant see the damage they are doing long term..... it all has a knock on effect ...which is not apparent straight away .......like the otter situation and seals entering the rivers , it all knock on effects ....
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

rant over
Thou shall not kill anything flluffy or feathery.
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

davelumb wrote: Sat Jan 08 2022 09:54 -

rant over
And one day it will be ... thou shall not yank anything fishy out of the water unless you are going to eat it
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Alex Fox wrote: Sat Jan 08 2022 15:08 -
davelumb wrote: Sat Jan 08 2022 09:54 -

rant over
And one day it will be ... thou shall not yank anything fishy out of the water unless you are going to eat it
Not even to eat when all diets are plant based or lab grown.
TidalD
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by TidalD »

Can’t we just ban do gooders??? Or take them all shark fishing..