Our greyhound

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Huggs
Roach
Roach

Our greyhound

Post by Huggs »

Our greyhound rescue Winnie has now become a Pet Therapy dog.Their is a shortage of Pat dogs at the moment so decided to make the effort.
Huggs
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Re: Our greyhound

Post by SmellySmelt »

It has good tight feet for a grey hound, really up on them. You must road walk it a bit?
Huggs
Roach
Roach

Post by Huggs »

SmellySmelt wrote: Tue Feb 01 2022 20:36 -
It has good tight feet for a grey hound, really up on them. You must road walk it a bit?
Not really. Beach mainly. Not a fan of the racing side but she has a great temperament for what we're gonna do in spare time.
Huggs
Roach
Roach

Post by Huggs »

BTW Her father was Ballymac Vic. Sister Chop Chop hope. Might explain her feet. They are definitely different to any of the others we've rescued. Deep chest also.
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »

Huggs wrote: Tue Feb 01 2022 22:13 -
BTW Her father was Ballymac Vic. Sister Chop Chop hope. Might explain her feet. They are definitely different to any of the others we've rescued. Deep chest also.
I hunt with lurchers, greyhounds can have flat feet, not great when they are turning at speed. I’m not a fan of hunting straight greyhound’s as they don’t last too long. Need to cross them with something to put more between their ears(as well as other things) Mind if you bring one on from a pup it might make old bones.
Good luck with your dog!
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

SmellySmelt wrote: Wed Feb 02 2022 00:39 -
Huggs wrote: Tue Feb 01 2022 22:13 -
I hunt with lurchers, greyhounds can have flat feet, not great when they are turning at speed. I’m not a fan of hunting straight greyhound’s as they don’t last too long. Need to cross them with something to put more between their ears(as well as other things) Mind if you bring one on from a pup it might make old bones.
Good luck with your dog!
i used to keep lurchers , had deer hound cross , bedlington cross whip-it.... collie greyhound , jack russell whipet .....pharaoh hound , cross whipet .....
lake land cross patter-dale i think terrier ....cracking marker dog when rabbiting with ferrets......then i took up shooting then Labradors took over......black dogs :thumbs:
think i am a hunter gatherer at heart ......dont know why i got into it all .....but found out years ago my granddad was a secret poacher........ hes long gone now