My last dog in his prime

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

My last dog in his prime

Post by Crackoff »

A proper Patterdale Terrier I know he was because I went to Patterdale to get him from a breeder :thumbs:

He was a cracking dog with the kids and in the house when I washed him after a day out :laughs:

He loved the rats and going for the foxes took him out with the Coniston fell hound's once and he worked the fox holes brilliantly all the terrier guys that always go with the hound's said he was a game dog but a bit to game :eek:
The reason he was to game was he wanted to fight with every thing :mad:

fullsizeoutput_df.jpeg

Makes me :laughs: sometimes when guys have a black terrier and say its a Patterdale and when I ask them about it and how do you know
"oh the person I got it off said its from Patterdale stock" :scratch:

Grant :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this
I know your tired fed up and close to braking
But theres strength within you even when you feel week
You've come too far to give up now
Stay strong and keep fighting
Brian Carragher
Perch
Perch

Re: My last dog in his prime

Post by Brian Carragher »

Nice colour on the dog, looked well toned too
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Great looking dog that. Id give him a kennel anytime.

Terrier men often say that a dog will always take after its owner.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

He looks like a character. :smile:
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »

It’s a nice terrier. How do you reckon it’s a proper patt? A patt has a lot of variations. Patts, black dogs and fell terriers are all the same. There is no kc for this breed, which is the best thing for it. My friends and I have keep patterdales for digging. A terriers gameness is not measured on wanting to fight with everything, trust me! You’ll know what gameness is in your terrier when to going gets tough. There is plenty of lads breeding very good stuff but it is kept in tight circles and can’t be bought with money.
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Brian Carragher wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 10:26 -
Nice colour on the dog, looked well toned too
Thanks Bri I worked him a lot and he did a lot of walking from 18 months and he was fed on raw meet.

Oh I forgot to say remember this
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=43957

I never ever put him in a running cage or on a treadmill.

He was about 3 there and I should of got him used to other dogs sooner as I said he wanted to fight with everything thats why he has a few marks on him.

But he got on with my buddy's dog because they played together from pups he came with me and got a black one and he was as fit as Max but because Smudge
(what a name to give to a working dog) :laughs: was a long haired dog you could not see how toned he was but he was not as keen as Max but he loved the Rats.

images.jpeg

I'm glad he never got into a Brock set as he would of come out ripped to shreds he was that keen :eek:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Crackoff on Wed Mar 02 2022 17:15, edited 1 time in total.

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

SmellySmelt wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 15:32 -
It’s a nice terrier. How do you reckon it’s a proper patt? A patt has a lot of variations. Patts, black dogs and fell terriers are all the same. There is no kc for this breed, which is the best thing for it. My friends and I have keep patterdales for digging. A terriers gameness is not measured on wanting to fight with everything, trust me! You’ll know what gameness is in your terrier when to going gets tough. There is plenty of lads breeding very good stuff but it is kept in tight circles and can’t be bought with money.
I know what your saying but I would not let him work on the diggings unless it was a Fox hole.

And I know when a Fox backs into a dead end they could inflicted some bad wounds to the face.

Any way thanks for your comment

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Mike J wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 12:22 -
Great looking dog that. Id give him a kennel anytime.

Terrier men often say that a dog will always take after its owner.

Errr what you saying Mike :laughs: :tongues:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

davelumb wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 12:33 -
He was Dave a flipping :clown: some times :laughs:

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Crackoff wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 17:12 -
davelumb wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 12:33 -
He was Dave a flipping :clown: some times :laughs:

:thumbs:
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »

Crackoff wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 16:27 -
I know what your saying but I would not let him work on the diggings unless it was a Fox hole.

And I know when a Fox backs into a dead end they could inflicted some bad wounds to the face.

It’s hard to find a fox to ground in the winter unless it’s a real bad day or hounds knock one to ground. Anyways it’s a fine looking dog in great nick. I’ll tell you one thing, I don’t know how you put up with them. I would never have them only for the hunting. Most are right dick bags :laughs: :laughs:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

SmellySmelt wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 18:59 -

It’s hard to find a fox to ground in the winter unless it’s a real bad day or hounds knock one to ground. Anyways it’s a fine looking dog in great nick. I’ll tell you one thing, I don’t know how you put up with them. I would never have them only for the hunting. Most are right dick bags :laughs: :laughs:
How do I know he was a Patt "because I went to Patterdale to get him from a breeder" so he was a Patt :wink:

And as I said "He was a cracking dog with the kids and in the house when I washed him after a day out" :laughs:

He was a family pet as well.

I mainly did the rats with him and how the hell could I take him home to the kids ripped to shreds.

Perhaps I'm not as hard with dogs as you and I know you may of shown the photo to your mates and thy will of said that dogs not work'd the Foxes or Brock much. :wink:

That photo was from 30 years ago

I can't have dogs any more :oops: :roll:

cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

If I was to get another dog,a Patterdale would be well on the list but I'm also sure what our cat would think :fu:

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »

Crackoff wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 05:26 -

How do I know he was a Patt "because I went to Patterdale to get him from a breeder" so he was a Patt :wink:

And as I said "He was a cracking dog with the kids and in the house when I washed him after a day out" :laughs:

I mainly did the rats with him and how the hell could I take him home to the kids ripped to shreds.

Perhaps I'm not as hard with dogs as you and I know you may of shown the photo to your mates and thy will of said that dogs not work'd the Foxes or Brock much. :wink:

I’m not hard with dogs, just do what they were bred to do. I can only worry about myself regards working dogs. If you are happy with him, no matter what he does, isn’t that the best outcome. I have learned that my dogs have only me to please. I haven’t shown anyone a pic of your dog.
PS: hunting brock is illegal. I don’t have a problem what you did with your dog, as long as you enjoyed him :thumbs:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

SmellySmelt wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 11:58 -
Crackoff wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 05:26 -

I’m not hard with dogs, just do what they were bred to do. I can only worry about myself regards working dogs. If you are happy with him, no matter what he does, isn’t that the best outcome. I have learned that my dogs have only me to please. I haven’t shown anyone a pic of your dog.
PS: hunting brock is illegal. I don’t have a problem what you did with your dog, as long as you enjoyed him :thumbs:
Ok fair comment :thumbs:

But as I said that was from 30years ago not had a dog for over 25years because of the boss lady.

Ps 40years ago I met some brock guys and thought I'd go and have a look I didn't have max than they where animals :veryevil: you know what I mean and I efin told them as soon as they got the dogs out of the boxes.

Take care mucker :thumbs:

MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford »

Thats a very well known patterdale Grant!
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

MarkBerrisford wrote: Sat Mar 05 2022 17:59 -
Thats a very well known patterdale Grant!
That's right Mark :thumbs:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Guys I have to admit to a few little white :lies:

That dog was not my dog as Mark Berrisford said it is a well known dog.

But as some of you will remember I lost all my photos when my computer crashed (yes I know I was complaisant)

Max was very close looking in stature and colour the only thing different was one ear was a bit wonky and his tail was a bit shorter but you would have to look twice to make shore :scratch:

As a lot of you know I cannot have a dog because of the boss lady she goes mad when I keep stopping and playing with every dog I see :laughs:

So I hope I'v not upset anyone over this.

Cheers guys

Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Crackoff wrote: Wed Mar 09 2022 16:35 -

But as some of you will remember I lost all my photos when my computer crashed (yes I know I was complaisant)

Max was very close looking in stature and colour the only thing different was one ear was a bit wonky and his tail was a bit shorter but you would have to look twice to make shore :scratch:

As a lot of you know I cannot have a dog because of the boss lady she goes mad when I keep stopping and playing with every dog I see :laughs:

Cheers guys

No worries Grant we know you well enough not to get upset. :hammer:

If you want a dog you should have one. Life is to short to chuck it away on the demands of a dictator, I should know I was married to one. Divorcing the bullying bitch was the best money Ive ever spent.
My new lady even suggests I go fishing, drops me off so I can fish my way downstream, does a bit of shopping and is there waiting for me at the end.

:handshake:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Mike J wrote: Thu Mar 10 2022 18:09 -

Cheers guys

If you want a dog you should have one. Life is to short to chuck it away on the demands of a dictator, I should know I was married to one. Divorcing the bullying bitch was the best money Ive ever spent.
My new lady even suggests I go fishing, drops me off so I can fish my way downstream, does a bit of shopping and is there waiting for me at the end.

She sounds like a keeper Mike
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Mike J wrote: Thu Mar 10 2022 18:09 -

Max was very close looking in stature and colour the only thing different was one ear was a bit wonky and his tail was a bit shorter but you would have to look twice to make shore

As a lot of you know I cannot have a dog because of the boss lady she goes mad when I keep stopping and playing with every dog I see

Cheers guys

Grant

My boss lady is a belter (boss lady is a tung in cheek remark) Mike

I'v told the story before and I know your all dying to hear it again :wink:

When I first met her I had a small mixed 57 terrier nice little dog but she would not play with it or even touch it?

Anyway I had to have her putdown because of a tumour and after 2 weeks I said that I was going to go to a dogs home and get another dog.

We where at the courting/stepping-out stage at this time :laughs: and she told me that she had got bitten by a big Alsatian when she was 6 and from then on that was it with dogs :afraid:

So by this time I was head over heels in love and still am, silly me thought I'd talk her round :hug: :hump: :wink:

When the first lockdown was on we went for a walk near a river and this big black dog came barking at Mrs E and she froze shouting get it way from me and the more Mrs B got wound up the more the dog barked and you could see the fear in her face :cry:

So I grabbed the dog by the scruff of the neck and a**e and chucked it in the river the owner a woman that was on the phone came over and had a :hissy:

When we moved to this new home I said I'm going to get a small dog and make a kennel with a run at the back and she said
"Phresssh if you walk in the front door with a dog I will walk out the back door) end of :roll: :cry: :eek:

SmellySmelt
Perch
Perch

Post by SmellySmelt »