Search function

Tell of us any technical problems in here, there are also a lot of FAQs listed
Cyprio
Perch
Perch

Search function

Post by Cyprio » Tue Nov 20 2018 19:21

Noticed that the search function is not always searching.
Comes up with message not available try again in so many seconds. Or just hangs in limbo.
:shrug:

Apologies if it's been reported beforehand but I waited 30 secs to be told come back after 5 :laughs:
Andy

Mike J
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Search function

Post by Mike J » Wed Nov 21 2018 12:23

I tried a few days back and had the same result.
When I tried again it only went back a year or so, not the full search as previously.

Over to the whizzo up north me thinks?

Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew Croft » Wed Nov 21 2018 12:38

I'll have a look tonight :thumbs:
Let me ask you one question. Is your money that good. Will it buy you forgiveness. Do you think that it could. I think you will find When your death takes its toll All the money you made Will never buy back your soul.

Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes » Mon Nov 26 2018 19:32

Bump, bump

Struggling to make it work
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."

Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew Croft » Mon Nov 26 2018 19:47

Sorry guys. Dropped the ball on this one.

Will do something if im still awake tonight when its quiet as re-indexing the search db is a lengthy and resource intensive process.
Let me ask you one question. Is your money that good. Will it buy you forgiveness. Do you think that it could. I think you will find When your death takes its toll All the money you made Will never buy back your soul.

Nige Johns
Chub
Chub

Post by Nige Johns » Mon Nov 26 2018 20:23

Andrew Croft wrote:

Will do something if im still awake tonight when its quiet as re-indexing the search db is a lengthy and resource intensive process.
Working on your birthday Crofty ?

Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew Croft » Mon Nov 26 2018 20:30

Nige Johns wrote:
Andrew Croft wrote:

Working on your birthday Crofty ?
Afraid so. On the forefront of something massive. Get home from a full day few hours rest then working like a dog till after midnight most nights.

Cyprio
Perch
Perch

Post by Cyprio » Mon Mar 04 2019 11:46

Stumbled on a result so I’m not sent to the naughty step :wink:
If on my phone and it was in landscape mode I get a box with the word search in it. If I type in this box I’m banned for 20-30 secs
If in that orientation I click on the search symbol it will take me to the full search function.
5C4608B5-5BFB-4994-ADBE-533EA6050F0B.jpeg
If my phone is in the vertical posistion I just get a search symbol and the search works as it should.
64191D71-0973-4C55-87F7-5FF3E2F1B5FC.jpeg
Hope that’s of some help :smile:

Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew Croft » Mon Mar 04 2019 12:20

Even if typing in it for the first time it stops you searching again for 30 seconds ?

Its search flood prevention. Can only do a search every 30 seconds. Shouldnt do it on the first search though :scratch: