Home Page Banner

Tell of us any technical problems in here, there are also a lot of FAQs listed
gus666
Zander
Zander
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Home Page Banner

Post by gus666 »

Andy
Why is it when I click on the Pikers Pit banner at the top of the page it goes to a blank white page with "pageok" on it.
The address that comes up in my address box is:
index.php

This only happens on my laptop, seems to be okay on my phone.
:shrug:
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Home Page Banner

Post by Andrew »

Sounds like cache maybe. Ill have a look when im on the pc.

In the meantime you could try pressing CTRL + F5

that clears the cache for the site and refreshes the page then try the banner again. Do it while your on the forum at the time (only works on the page your on it wont clear your entire cache)
gus666
Zander
Zander
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Post by gus666 »

Andrew Croft wrote:
Sounds like cache maybe. Ill have a look when im on the pc.

In the meantime you could try pressing CTRL + F5

that clears the cache for the site and refreshes the page then try the banner again. Do it while your on the forum at the time (only works on the page your on it wont clear your entire cache)
Didnae work mate.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

at a bit of a loss mate the coding is fine. seems like a cache problem "pageok" was on the server before the forum was set up.

maybe try this if yer in windows 7, windows 10 I dont know but I assume its similar:

close the browser, press start menu button on your laptop, type cmd into the search and click cmd.exe (might need to right click and run as administrator)

type in the command prompt: ipconfig /flushdns

then give it banner another go
gus666
Zander
Zander

Post by gus666 »

Never tried anything different but it's OK noo mate. White man's magic and all that