Data leak

Tell of us any technical problems in here, there are also a lot of FAQs listed
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Data leak

Post by Nige Johns »

Crofty when I clink into the link to log in I get a message that says my password has been indentified in a data leak and that I should change it,any thoughts ?
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Data leak

Post by Andrew »

A message from where exactly. There is no error message like that which the website produces. Can you get a screenshot of it
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Nige Johns wrote: Mon Feb 08 2021 18:39 -
Crofty when I clink into the link to log in I get a message that says my password has been indentified in a data leak and that I should change it,any thoughts ?
Just talking to ben there, said icloud might have been breached with passwords stolen from there around October last year.

The message you are seeing is actually from apple so im guessing you use iphone or iPad

Best thing to do is go change all your passwords where you have used the same one multiple times
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Ever get to the bottom of this Nige ?
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Andrew Croft wrote: Wed Feb 24 2021 01:42 -
Ever get to the bottom of this Nige ?
No mate and it’s not happened again :shrug: