Two accounts for The Pikers Pit?

Tell of us any technical problems in here, there are also a lot of FAQs listed
SwiftyOne
Stickleback
Stickleback

Two accounts for The Pikers Pit?

Post by SwiftyOne »

Hello, I hope you are all well :)
This is the first time this has happened...I received an email from The Pikers Pit about the Chrismas competition, I love doing your competitions and have entered 3-4 without any problems I would login to my account and buy tickets, but this time I could not login to my account (I use Roboform to save passwords and user names )it took me about 20mins then I tried a new registration, which I did, so now I have 2 accounts to The Pikers Pit? After I paid for my tickets with PayPal the thought did cross my mind, a Scam? Why would I need two separate accounts for the same place?
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Two accounts for The Pikers Pit?

Post by Andrew »

SwiftyOne wrote: Thu Dec 16 2021 22:34 -
Hello, I hope you are all well :)
This is the first time this has happened...I received an email from The Pikers Pit about the Chrismas competition, I love doing your competitions and have entered 3-4 without any problems I would login to my account and buy tickets, but this time I could not login to my account (I use Roboform to save passwords and user names )it took me about 20mins then I tried a new registration, which I did, so now I have 2 accounts to The Pikers Pit? After I paid for my tickets with PayPal the thought did cross my mind, a Scam? Why would I need two separate accounts for the same place?
Hi swifty. I'm looking in to this just now. I dont suspect a scam by a second website impersonating us. It could be user error. Is your forum email the same as the email you use for the pit. Also can you pm me your name and ticket number so I can find your account faster and check what's up.

You could also find out what website you were 9n using your browser history.
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben »

Hi,

Thanks for entering the competition, I can confirm receipt of your order and you should also have an email showing your order number etc.

Whilst the forum and online shop are linked in terms of The Pikers Pit name, they are totally separate in terms of login details, so they are effectively two different places. You can checkout as a guest and simply add your forum username for example.

This has and always will be the case so if there are any differences with the ticket purchasing process compared to previous years then please check any “auto fill” features in your internet browser.

Good luck in the draw 🤞🏼🎅🏼
SwiftyOne
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by SwiftyOne »

Hi, Thank you, Andrew and Ben :) Yes, maybe the reason I'm seeing this happen for the first time as ben said, checkout as a guest and simply add your forum username for example. It's now more likely I did that :confused: So, alls OK then? As long as you guys can link the two accounts then nothing to worry about and hope you didn't mind me asking :thanks: :cheers:
Swifty