Mark forums read

Got a good idea to improve the forum? Submit it here
Post Reply
User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 32971
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Mark forums read

Post by davelumb »

Can the 'Mark forums read' link be added to all pages?
User avatar
Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 14394
Joined: Wed Nov 02 2011 05:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Andrew Croft »

Just a link everywhere to mark everything or just for the specific category you are browsing ?
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you
User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 32971
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Mark forums read

Post by davelumb »

Andrew Croft wrote: Sun Nov 07 2021 13:10 -
Just a link everywhere to mark everything or just for the specific category you are browsing ?
I'd prefer the mark everything option, but others might not. :shrug:
User avatar
Mike J
Zander
Zander
Posts: 8711
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Mike J »

davelumb wrote: Sun Nov 07 2021 13:18 -
Andrew Croft wrote: Sun Nov 07 2021 13:10 -
Just a link everywhere to mark everything or just for the specific category you are browsing ?
I'd prefer the mark everything option, but others might not. :shrug:


If you mark a thread as read will that mean any new/future posts will be missed?

.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
User avatar
Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 14394
Joined: Wed Nov 02 2011 05:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Andrew Croft »

Mike J wrote: Tue Nov 09 2021 08:37 -
davelumb wrote: Sun Nov 07 2021 13:18 -
Andrew Croft wrote: Sun Nov 07 2021 13:10 -
Just a link everywhere to mark everything or just for the specific category you are browsing ?
I'd prefer the mark everything option, but others might not. :shrug:

If you mark a thread as read will that mean any new/future posts will be missed?

.
No. New posts and comments still get highlighted.
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you
User avatar
Mike J
Zander
Zander
Posts: 8711
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Mike J »

Andrew Croft wrote: Tue Nov 09 2021 08:49 -
Mike J wrote: Tue Nov 09 2021 08:37 -
davelumb wrote: Sun Nov 07 2021 13:18 -
Andrew Croft wrote: Sun Nov 07 2021 13:10 -
Just a link everywhere to mark everything or just for the specific category you are browsing ?
I'd prefer the mark everything option, but others might not. :shrug:

If you mark a thread as read will that mean any new/future posts will be missed?

.
No. New posts and comments still get highlighted.

Thank you :handshake:

.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
User avatar
Cyprio
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Oct 24 2015 22:02
Location: Suffolk

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Cyprio »

Any chance this could be rushed through without any thought like the vaccines? :stir:

Would make it so much easier just re-setting the Non fishing merry go round threads :roll:

If the pit doesn’t cure covid soon I’m going to see my days out reading through the Cricket thread :afraid:
:clown:
Andy Carpenter
User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 8902
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Mark forums read

Post by John Milford »

Am I missing something here?

I just click on 'new posts' each visit and go to the last page on the threads listed to look at things I've not already read.

(I'm assuming that if a thread doesn't appear in the list of topics displayed, I've read it all before? :shrug: )
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
User avatar
Cyprio
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Oct 24 2015 22:02
Location: Suffolk

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Cyprio »

John Milford wrote: Sat Jan 08 2022 16:03 -
Am I missing something here?

I just click on 'new posts' each visit and go to the last page on the threads listed to look at things I've not already read.

(I'm assuming that if a thread doesn't appear in the list of topics displayed, I've read it all before? :shrug: )
This button John. It’s the only one that resets the orange markers.
Suggestion was to Have same button that only resets the section it’s in, not all sections at once. :wink:
5CB8963D-145E-4850-A113-A1F28147E67C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy Carpenter
User avatar
Cyprio
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Oct 24 2015 22:02
Location: Suffolk

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Cyprio »

My Bad. Sorry Crofty :red:
Just noticed a reset just for a section.
B7A2AD5C-D696-4446-8A52-915A029EE7F4.jpeg
Now off to the magic roundabout section for a :pipe:
And catch up on the 🏏 :wave:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy Carpenter
User avatar
Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 14394
Joined: Wed Nov 02 2011 05:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Andrew Croft »

Cyprio wrote: Sat Jan 08 2022 16:16 -
My Bad. Sorry Crofty :red:
Just noticed a reset just for a section.
B7A2AD5C-D696-4446-8A52-915A029EE7F4.jpeg

Now off to the magic roundabout section for a :pipe:
And catch up on the 🏏 :wave:
Was just going to comment this. That's how to do individual forum categories. First pic clears every single one. only visible from the actual home page.

Mobile mode:
20220108_152845.jpg
Desktop mode:
20220108_152923.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you
User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 32971
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Mark forums read

Post by davelumb »

Andrew Croft wrote: Sat Jan 08 2022 16:31 -
Cyprio wrote: Sat Jan 08 2022 16:16 -
My Bad. Sorry Crofty :red:
Just noticed a reset just for a section.
B7A2AD5C-D696-4446-8A52-915A029EE7F4.jpeg

Now off to the magic roundabout section for a :pipe:
And catch up on the 🏏 :wave:
Was just going to comment this. That's how to do individual forum categories. First pic clears every single one. only visible from the actual home page.

Mobile mode:
20220108_152845.jpg

Desktop mode:
20220108_152923.jpg
That's the one I'd like on every page. :smile:
User avatar
Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 14394
Joined: Wed Nov 02 2011 05:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Mark forums read

Post by Andrew Croft »

Lazy c**t 😅
If you enjoy the forum and would like to contribute towards the running costs please click here to send a donation via PayPal or here to buy some Pit merchandise - thank you
User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 32971
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Mark forums read

Post by davelumb »

Andrew Croft wrote: Sat Jan 08 2022 16:45 -
Lazy c**t 😅
:thumbs:
Post Reply