Piking Nostalgia & Collectors Corner

Got a good idea to improve the forum? Submit it here
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Piking Nostalgia & Collectors Corner

Post by John Milford »

I bet most of us collect something, even if it just books or magazines.

It is no seceret that I enjoy collecting and researching vintage lures and pike tackle and am always pleased to share what I know if posed a question.

So, how about somewhere to post Lure/Tackle ID questions; reminisce over bygone eras; rake over old controversies; list book/vintage sales/wants (away from the tackle sales/wants section); display/discuss old pike gear (chamber of horrors!); etc., etc.

I am very aware that these topics don't interest everyone, although they crop up often enough. If they had their own section, such threads could develop at their own pace rather that get swept away in the cut and thrust of the topical day-to-day issues.

Such a section might even develop into a reference source on piking lore?

And a Tommy Morgan thread would be a cinch to lure Nev onto the forum......Image
Last edited by John Milford on Tue Aug 30 2011 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Re: Piking Nostalgia & Collectors Corner

Post by Ben »

I like that John, somewhere for the oldies to hang out when its too hot in The Pit!!

Tis done and awaiting your first post Image
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

Wow! that was quick Ben - thanks!

I'll just fill my pipe, put on my slippers and shuffle over there Image
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

Sluice Ben wrote:
I like that John, somewhere for the oldies to hang out when its too hot in The Pit!!

Tis done and awaiting your first post Image
I've put a variety of diverse threads up to kick it off Ben. Somewhere to chill out if it gets too frantic (or slow?) on the main boards.