Share your rigs and set ups for new ones to pike fishing!

Got a good idea to improve the forum? Submit it here
jgixer01
Roach
Roach

Share your rigs and set ups for new ones to pike fishing!

Post by jgixer01 »

I think a section showing how people go about setting up rigs would be great help to those new to the sport vids or pics showing detailed rig building or setups for different situations!
For those people who can do this I'm not very good with a computer but once I work out how to I will have a go myself but I'm sure there are some of you great at working with computers!
I think it would be great to see how inventive people are when it comes to safety of the pike and keeping the cost's down not that most of us bother about this due to the expense of fishing in general anyway!
popup1
Roach
Roach

Re: Share your rigs and set ups for new ones to pike fishing!

Post by popup1 »

have a look on the PAC website at the tips and articles section....point you in the right direction mate..... Image here`s the link.
linky
jgixer01
Roach
Roach

Post by jgixer01 »

I am confident In my rigs pal I was making a suggestion for the forum I have seen it used on another forum to good effect good clear pics detailing how other anglers make rigs using modern products!
I thought it would make a good point of reference for anglers new to pike fishing as the new modern products and the tools needed to make everything can be a little confusing to use and set up so if there are people who can put things up then this would be a good place for people to look!
I'm new to boat fishing not pike fishing but having spent most of my time enjoying the relaxing quietness of empty waters during the winter even I'm enjoying learning new techniques again and I have many points of reference for how to do things!
but if there were a place on the forum for this it would help others newer to the sport!
popup1
Roach
Roach

Post by popup1 »

i can see your thinking gixer Image ....but pike rigs and trace making hasnt changed that much really...just the materials used.yes there are variations on size of hooks,trebles or singles...or combinations of the 2,what wire you buy from where...what crimps,swivels,snaps etc etc...and the same can be said of the tools and kit needed to make a trace,but all the variations end up with the same result....a pike trace ...so the reason i linked to the pac site is because for the newcomer it has ALL the info they`ll need to make a trace up.... a few lads are now making their traces from titanium wire... theres a link on here already for that in the useful links section....i dunno...perhaps its a good idea if admin can put in a sticky link somewhere to the trace making sections on the PAC site ??
might get people to join up while they visit the site too.... Image
jgixer01
Roach
Roach

Post by jgixer01 »

Yeah I'm a thinker pal always have been!
I'm actually joining PAC myself having never really thought about it before as I was happy doing my own thing but now I'm like a beginner in a world that is alien to me again so have spent months looking at info on all sorts regarding boat fishing for pike!(books I have read for years only show so much but fire the passion)..
I thought that things could be much simpler if there was somewhere I could find everything out which a forum is a perfect place and one like this which has some of the best anglers in the country as members would be the perfect place!
I'm the sort of angler who thinks about everything involved I even cycled to Norfolk from Manchester this summer so I could soak up the whole area and get close up and see as much as possible If I had gone in a car with fishing tackle in the boot I would of only seen one or 2 spots...

popup1
Roach
Roach

Post by popup1 »

well gixer....it sounds like you`re on the ball fella... Image as for fishing from the boat.....main thing for me is safety...especially on big waters....buts thats another thread in a different section another time...and if i`d have cycled from manchester to norfolk i would be dead i think mate Image Image Image
enjoy your fishing buddy
tight lines
james
jgixer01
Roach
Roach

Post by jgixer01 »

Nice one pal...
I'm picking up my life jacket Thursday lol
As for the ride It was easy the boat fishing I think I'm more nervous of I prefer land but in terms of big pike I think you need to be at least able to fish from a boat Image
May see ya out there some time!
Tight lines!