Pike fishing FAQ section

Got a good idea to improve the forum? Submit it here
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Pike fishing FAQ section

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Certain times of the year we get new pikers join the forum, and the same type of questions get asked.

How about a frequently asked questions section in the novice forum to cover the standard things like...

First pike gear
Braid
Traces
Floats.
Unhooking
Baits.

Over the years there has been some cracking advice written to these questions, but they are harder to find as the forum gets bigger.

Plenty of us on here who like to write a good few words, and a good beginners reference section would build up.

Perhaps with moderation to avoid direct discussion, tangents and general chat confusing each the thread.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Pike fishing FAQ section

Post by Andrew »

Thats a good idea Duncan :thumbs: ill ponder over how it could be implemented in a sort of list/glossary/faq using a subform and sticky topics or something :smile:

Suggestions welcome on format and finding the best of the best topics on each subject (like that boat multi topic if i recall, that was awsome)
RAB-HENDO
Zander
Zander

Post by RAB-HENDO »

Fuuucck am still waiting on a sticker
DANCES WAE PIKE
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Andrew Croft wrote: Sat Oct 21 2017 18:07 -
Thats a good idea Duncan :thumbs: ill ponder over how it could be implemented in a sort of list/glossary/faq using a subform and sticky topics or something :smile:

Suggestions welcome on format and finding the best of the best topics on each subject (like that boat multi topic if i recall, that was awsome)
Subforum/sticky is one-way.

I think this format works quite well, a post that has a list of links with a brief description but with the links being internal ones to the thread.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=172970

Searching out the best ones would be a good start,
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Good call Duncan :thumbs: