Forum looks GOOD

Post by Pikerman »

I feel at home here and must say the forum looks GOOOOOOOOOOD. Image
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Re: Forum looks GOOD

Post by Mark Phillips »

Spot on I'd say. Well done on putting the catfish into the pred forum too. I'll still be buying P&P from time to time mind. If I find an article I don't like I can wipe my a**e with it and then moan about it on here without the gruppenfuhre showing me a red card for having an opinion or questioning something that their advertisers market...
Piking Plonker
LB
Inaugural Member
Inaugural Member

Post by LB »

I have to agree, i really like the look of this forum Image
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

I am beginning to change my mind. People swearing (because they can I suppose) and the c word being used all over the place. People slagging each other off and everything else off for that matter... it goes from one extreme to the other IMO. It's fine to have free speach but there's a line and on this forum I can't see one. Sorry chaps, not for me. Back to P&P and bye.
Piking Plonker

Post by Guest »

Mark Phillips wrote:
I am beginning to change my mind. People swearing (because they can I suppose) and the c word being used all over the place. People slagging each other off and everything else off for that matter... it goes from one extreme to the other IMO. It's fine to have free speach but there's a line and on this forum I can't see one. Sorry chaps, not for me. Back to P&P and bye.
I'm with Mark Phillips, like it or not some form of moderation is needed to stop the silly [dare I say?] childish mentality taking over, which it seems to have done already! Some say they don't want to be treated like children on P&P and then act like them on here!

I can't even say it's been fun while it's lasted Image Image Image

How do you delete an account??
dart stew laws
Zander
Zander

Post by dart stew laws »

Dwarf have the decency as Mark phillips has to post under your name..... it would lend more credibility to your postings....

In the cold light of day some members feel they overstepped a mark... they apologised for such and explained the reason why....

Move on... everyone else has....

If your looking for a weakness or a fallibility in this forum ... maybe it would be better spent going over old ground on pnp and how the clifford cartel have screwed it up....rather than a smug posting from a nameless individual
denigrating the efforts of genuine people on here.....

Stewart
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben »

Dwarf, as requested, I've deleted your account Image

Strange email you registered [email]with.....dwark@predatorpublications.co.uk[/email]
Ben
Father of the Forum
Father of the Forum

Post by Ben »

Sorry you feel like that Mark, I can always put a swear filter on if it offends people?

I personally don't want a filter, swearing is a part of life nowadays, I work at BAE with many professional people and swearing is common, I must admit I am not keen on the C word though.

Anyway, no hard feelings mate, you're a good bloke, would like you to have stayed, have fun on PnP
dart stew laws
Zander
Zander

Post by dart stew laws »

Dan if that was you posting under dwarf.... as we are to believe, then I suggest in future you change your circumstances of how you post... IE under your real name.

People will respect you more in life if you assume your name as opposed to an alias.....

Sneaking around may come back to haunt you in later life..... if you have the conviction in what your saying then have conviction to post your name....

Stewart
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Sluice Ben wrote:
Sorry you feel like that Mark, I can always put a swear filter on if it offends people?

I personally don't want a filter, swearing is a part of life nowadays, I work at BAE with many professional people and swearing is common, I must admit I am not keen on the C word though.

Anyway, no hard feelings mate, you're a good bloke, would like you to have stayed, have fun on PnP

Thanks Ben. most kind mate Image I didn't terminate my login as I just wanted to see how things panned out really. It did at first seem like teacher had walked out of the room and the kids started to riot! The swearing doesn't offend me (you should here me when I'm left to my own devices!) but it annoys me as it is unnecessary; most of us don't use that kind of language at work (not where I work anyway), at home or in public places, so why use it so freely on here? Anyway, I can see things settling down now and a swear filter wouldn't be a bad idea if only to elimate the use of the C word...

So, what to do? That is the question. I've noticed back in P&P world that it's starting to go like a dying animal and frankly it feels like someone needs to put it out of its misery. That lad Dan Williams, who I'm sure means well, keeps making posts that just show him up as being rather young and naive. Reminds me of when I ran a 100 seat contact centre and I had several junior managers running small teams within that who all reported into me. Essentially they lacked people management and 'life' experience and it showed in how they handled things, especially the politics, which exist in all walks of life, like it or not. Appart from that, it feels like a ghost town over there and I'm missing you 'orrible lot!

Thus, after sitting on my Blackberry today whilst fishing (nowt else to do as the cats weren't having it) reading through all that's gone on, weighing up the facts as I see them and also taking on board some very kind comments from buds who want me on here, well, here I will stay. For better or for worse. Lol! Don't go swearing at me though or I'll tell me mum Image I'm quite sad about it mind as like a lot of you, I have been a member of that forum for over a decade Image

Cheers, Mark P
Piking Plonker
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Hmmmm?

Ok but behave yourself mr Philips!

(Tongue firmly in cheek face)