My Shed

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

My Shed

Post by Crackoff »

Just thought I'd show you my shed and the tackle room go's off to the right :thumbs:
P1030081.JPG
P1030082.JPG
P1030083.JPG

Grant :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this
I know your tired fed up and close to braking
But theres strength within you even when you feel week
You've come too far to give up now
Stay strong and keep fighting
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Re: My Shed

Post by Crackoff »

And theres more. :thumbs:

I'm just turning some acrylic pens as gifts :wink:
fullsizeoutput_597.jpeg

I know some are out of focus I was in a rush :eek:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Proper man cave.
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

Some "Shed" is that!

:thumbs:
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

f**k me boy,if thats your shed how big is your house???????.Now heres a proper shed.
DSCF2245.JPG
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

You've had a tidy up....
Ray Waker
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Don't see the Cement mixer Del :exit:
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

I must admit id love a shed like yours Grant :thumbs:
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Happy Hayes wrote: Tue Aug 14 2018 15:04 -
:laughs:
Andy Sewell
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Barstard
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

It's in his garage..... :laughs: :stir:
Ray Waker
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

That's a big posh shed, Grant. :smile:
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Grant how did you get on with the electric barrow ?
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

My wife thought that I had to many tools.
Grant ,you make me look like a novice :grin:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Nige Johns wrote: Tue Aug 14 2018 17:35 -

Not sorted yet I may have to go down another root/path as it maybe to costly :scratch:

Cheers buddy

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

It's not actually a shed it''s part of the garage :wink:

Double the width and double the length of a normal garage the guy that owned our new home was a vintage and classic motorbike collector :wink:

It was full of motorbike's when we first saw the bungalow and it's took me 3 years to get it to this state I just pick up old tools and machinery at car boot sales :thumbs:

If I cannot carry it or wheel it to the car I don't buy it :laughs:

delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Hello boy,Did you find it hard moving from a house to a bungalow? We might be doing it next year,not sure if I'm ready for it yet,when we have been up that way,because we talk to everyone we see some of them have let us into their bungalows and they do seem a bit clostafobic,if youknow what I mean
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

delboy wrote: Wed Aug 15 2018 10:21 -
Hello boy,Did you find it hard moving from a house to a bungalow? We might be doing it next year,not sure if I'm ready for it yet,when we have been up that way,because we talk to everyone we see some of them have let us into their bungalows and they do seem a bit clostafobic,if youknow what I mean
Ours is a 2 bed bungalow and we moved from a 4 bed house the biggest problem was getting rid of the stuff form the old house :cry:
I was sick of going to the charity shops with stuff :laughs:

Fist 2 months and it was fine :thumbs: best thing we did was move :smile:

delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Thanks for that boy,it helps :thumbs: Only thing is ,I don't think I can get rid of anything ,it has taken all my life to get it in the first place,it might look like rubbish to some but it is MY rubbish.Thanks again boy
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

delboy wrote: Wed Aug 15 2018 11:00 -
Thanks for that boy,it helps :thumbs: Only thing is ,I don't think I can get rid of anything ,it has taken all my life to get it in the first place,it might look like rubbish to some but it is MY rubbish.Thanks again boy
Mmmmmmmmmm It depends on how meany rooms you have in your old house and how meany in the bungalow :scratch:

And we don't have to climb any stairs and I can fix stuff on the roof or gutters :thumbs:

martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Post by martin godliman »

I must spend three quarters on my life in my workshop either working obviously and my computer is there and I watch TV there when my wife is watching soaps etc indoors, it's my cosy little bolt hole. What you can see is an extension to the garage where I originaly used to work but when I got the boat I needed to build on this extra space to work in it's about nine by nine feet.

My wife who is borderline disabled would like to move and downsize but I can't face the task of doing it all though I have to admit keeping the three bedroom house and big garden going is beyond me now. I think I prefer to go (further) into decline where I am....lazy git.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

martin godliman wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 09:12 -
I must spend three quarters on my life in my workshop either working obviously and my computer is there and I watch TV there when my wife is watching soaps etc indoors, it's my cosy little bolt hole. What you can see is an extension to the garage where I originaly used to work but when I got the boat I needed to build on this extra space to work in it's about nine by nine feet.

My wife who is borderline disabled would like to move and downsize but I can't face the task of doing it all though I have to admit keeping the three bedroom house and big garden going is beyond me now. I think I prefer to go (further) into decline where I am....lazy git.
My wife who is borderline disabled would like to move and downsize but I can't face the task of doing it all though I have to admit keeping the three bedroom house and big garden going is beyond me now. I think I prefer to go (further) into decline

That says it all Martin mate :wink:

Do it now before it's too late :wink: take the first step and just have a look around :thumbs:

martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Crackoff wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 09:23 -

My wife who is borderline disabled would like to move and downsize but I can't face the task of doing it all though I have to admit keeping the three bedroom house and big garden going is beyond me now. I think I prefer to go (further) into decline

Do it now before it's too late :wink: take the first step and just have a look around :thumbs:

I see you've edit out the 'where I am bit' :smile:

You're not the first to say that kind of thing about doing it 'before it's too late' ...but too late for what exactly ?
We have a three bedroom house in a London suburb we have now equity release type of deal so I'm not paying a mortgage any more we still own most of the value of the house and I've got bits and pieces of private pension and the old age pension but I still need to work...a bit, we do okay. My daughter and son own their houses and have kids and live in London nearby-ish so I don't have to worry about leaving them anything.

In principle I'm not dead against doing it but where would I go ? I don't want to move anywhere far enough away to retain enough equity that makes it worth it. flats and bungalows are no cheaper (and bungalows practically don't exist round here) than our three bedroom house. Even my wife doesn't know where now and she used to go on about it all the time, I would lose my workshop and easy access to work.

I've been through it in my mind of course Grant and shabby decline maybe doesn't seem ideal to some but I've grown to like it lately. No doubt mine or my wife's health will crash one day and who ever's left will have to pick up the pieces.
If I were forced to live in a shiny pokey little flat with Emmerdale going on within earshot I might have to blow my brains out :grin:

I need my bolt hole, I have to consider my psychological well being :grin: but thanks any way Grant :thumbs:
Last edited by martin godliman on Thu Aug 16 2018 10:23, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

It just occured to me. All that gear and he still doesnt own a spirit level.

:stir:
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

martin godliman wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 10:01 -

You're not the first to say that kind of thing about doing it 'before it's too late' ...but too late for what exactly ?
We have a three bedroom house in a London suburb we have now equity release type of deal so I'm not paying a mortgage any more we still own most of the value of the house and I've got bits and pieces of private pension and the old age pension but I still need to work...a bit, we do okay. My daughter and son own their houses and have kids and live in London nearby-ish so I don't have to worry about leaving them anything.

In principle I'm not dead against doing it but where would I go ? I don't want to move anywhere far enough away to retain enough equity that makes it worth it. flats and bungalows are no cheaper (and bungalows practically don't exist round here) than our three bedroom house. Even my wife doesn't know where now and she used to go on about it all the time, I would lose my workshop and easy access to work.

I've been through it in my mind of course Grant and shabby decline maybe doesn't seem ideal to some but I've grown to like it lately. No doubt mine or my wife's health will crash one day and who ever's left will have to pick up the pieces.
If I were forced to live in a shiny pokey little flat with Emmerdale going on within earshot I might have to blow my brains out :grin:

I need my bolt hole, I have to consider my psychological well being :grin: but thanks any way Grant :thumbs:
We are considering a move in the next couple of years. But I am in the same boat really, own a 4 bedroom detached house in Essex with really large double garage and no mortgage.
Considering moving to Norfolk into maybe a 3 bed house or bungalow and pocketing around £200k for our retirement, but it is still in the consideration stage.

My question Martin is, these equity release schemes I thought were a bit of a con and never considered going that route, but for you it must have been a good option. Would you recommend it?
Ray Waker
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Mercman wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 11:39 -
martin godliman wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 10:01 -

We are considering a move in the next couple of years. But I am in the same boat really, own a 4 bedroom detached house in Essex with really large double garage and no mortgage.
Considering moving to Norfolk into maybe a 3 bed house or bungalow and pocketing around £200k for our retirement, but it is still in the consideration stage.

My question Martin is, these equity release schemes I thought were a bit of a con and never considered going that route, but for you it must have been a good option. Would you recommend it?
It seems fine now though I was reluctant at first because you don't really own your house any more just the profit beyond the outstanding bit of mortgage left plus 5.something% ? just under 6% interest on that 'bit' after you finally sell and move on. Or if you never do it doesn't matter they'll wait till you croak, they're are nice like that :laughs: it's possible to draw more out too if you want it's always up to you, but they get the house in the end and your kids get what profits left after all is paid back.

These things are governed by personal circumstances and it suited me at the time we still have about three quarters equity in the house because the interest I'm charged is balanced out by the increase in value of the house....even in London where they've taken a hit lately.

I like where I live and even though I would be able to sell up and retire like you with chunk of change to live on financially it could good but I don't want to live in Norfolk :smile:

Nothing wrong with Norfolk it's a place like any other if you like it....I went there once :narfuk:

My problem has always been where to go I don't identify with anywhere else in the country......my wife comes from Goole :afraid: and I aint goin' there :laughs: not that she want to either fortunately :smile:
I don't think the equity scheme is a con as such as long as most of the equity is with you it's not for everyone depends about you personal philosophical outlook about money and how you want to spend the time of whats left of your life.

I don't claim to have it worked out but it after a few years now it doesn't feel like a mistake yet.

Not sure if any of that garbled explanation makes sense :dizzy:
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

Perfect, many thanks.... :thumbs:
Ray Waker
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Goole? Try out Selby way. :wink:
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

davelumb wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 20:19 -
Selby is okay but basically the same neck of the woods as Goole and a long long way from my manor.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

martin godliman wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 22:49 -
davelumb wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 20:19 -
Selby is okay but basically the same neck of the woods as Goole and a long long way from my manor.
And it's in Y*rksh*r* :eek: