Painted polystyrene sub floats

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
JoeNickel
Roach
Roach

Painted polystyrene sub floats

Post by JoeNickel » Wed Oct 14 2020 18:36

Inspired by the recent thread on subfloats, I bought some cheap white poly floats and painted them, the intention being just to break up the outline a bit. It took longer than the job really deserved, but I'm very pleased with the outcome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rapsy
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: Painted polystyrene sub floats

Post by rapsy » Thu Oct 15 2020 14:11

JoeNickel wrote:
Inspired by the recent thread on subfloats, I bought some cheap white poly floats and painted them, the intention being just to break up the outline a bit. It took longer than the job really deserved, but I'm very pleased with the outcome!
Nice one, what did you paint them with? :thumbs:

JoeNickel
Roach
Roach

Post by JoeNickel » Thu Oct 15 2020 14:53

A random set of acrylic paints from Wilkos that the missus had. Little tubes.

I've done a further set for a mate, just messing about with different colours.
Subfloats2.jpg
Pale one is intended for fishing in shallow water, where fish are more likely to be looking up and seeing the float against the surface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford » Sat Oct 17 2020 12:50

I made these as sunk floats poly eggs painted grey hopefully to make them less obvious against the surface
55827403-8CDA-4650-BBC0-F1DAA0D81A55.jpeg
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook