Electric fishing trolley

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Electric fishing trolley

Post by Nige Johns »

I got fed up of hoofing a barrow around on certain venues and had an idea from an old post on here about using a golf trolley,so at the end of last season started xperimenting with this and I’ve got to say it’s the nuts,

Started life as a pull apart electric golf trolley,much better than the fold down ones cos it’s got a very wide wheels base for stability
185A36FB-F4D5-4B5B-B04E-EC48FED26F71.jpeg
I used laminate floor tile samples to build a frame around the battery and notched it at the end so it would support my chair without it sliding off
and extended the support arm further up the handle to support my rods
As you can see Eddie thinks it’s great as well :laughs:
157E2A96-CB63-464C-94D0-C7DC25ACF1BD.jpeg
The battery is an 18 holf golf battery which is good for 5 miles,and at full speed I can’t keep up with it,not that I plan testing it that far,the addition of the pneumatic tyres makes it great for semi rough terrain .
This is it fully loaded,minus rucksack which I carry but it’s no hardship,I can certainly get to a swim faster than a barrow pusher and a lot less fooked an I can get thru those circular enclosed gates that you sometimes encounter without having to unload,happy days.and it only cost me £40,I’m well chuffed with the result :thumbs:
2397E890-915A-45CD-AA52-433467E8A13C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nige Johns on Wed Jul 04 2018 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Electric fishing trolley

Post by Happy Hayes »

Very nice ,Nige :thumbs:
ChrisWales
Chub
Chub

Post by ChrisWales »

When you on Dragon's Den?
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

It certainly looks "The Nuts"............and anything that alleviates "the humping" (especially for distance) is a big plus!

:thumbs:
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

ChrisWales wrote: Wed Jul 04 2018 13:32 -
When you on Dragon's Den?
Not sure they want it deal with hairy arsed pikers :laughs:
D10bore
Roach
Roach

Post by D10bore »

I have the power walker one had it 7 years now very bad health with out it There would be no fishing great bit of kit they are no longer trading so you can’t get them but I take tons of tackle had a few snide remarks I wish them good health and hope it stays fine for them :grin: mike
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

D10bore wrote: Wed Jul 04 2018 16:52 -
I have the power walker one had it 7 years now very bad health with out it There would be no fishing great bit of kit they are no longer trading so you can’t get them but I take tons of tackle had a few snide remarks I wish them good health and hope it stays fine for them :grin: mike
I did look for a power walker Mike but couldn’t find one at the time to compare but I’d s t my heart on one of these as I know it would fit the bill (used one for golfing),since then the powerwalkers I’ve seen have all been over £100,