Winter project

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Kev Berry

Winter project

Post by Kev Berry »

Took the sheets off the old gal the other day.....stirred a few happy memories. Wasnt pleased to see Mickey mouse had made a nest in the seat. So this winter it's a bit of TLC bit of new chrome and paint and she's back on the road next year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Winter project

Post by Happy Hayes »

Looks a beast Kev
What’s the engine ?
phil.c
Zander
Zander

Post by phil.c »

I like the look of that. :thumbs:
My opinion may offend, but it's only an opinion that may differ to your's.
It doesn't make me wrong.

Phil Cheriton....
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Happy Hayes wrote: ↑Sun Oct 21 2018 19:40 -
Looks a beast Kev
What’s the engine ?
CB750K2 SOHC-- been tweaked a bit :wink:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Keep us posted Kev, my mate's currently restoring a GS750

Check out this guy, clever bloke and the restoration series of videos of the CB750 was interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5ggKPFy30w
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

Not thinking of becoming a chef are you πŸ˜‚
That Perkins !!! πŸ˜‚
cookiesdaughtersdad
Zander
Zander

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

I was always more into Japanese's sport bikes myself Kev, but can appreciate that as a bike is a bike is a bike :thumbs:
Ill never have another sports bike but do fancy an old DT175 or something like that from mu youth :madmick:
As said keep us in the know :wink:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: ↑Mon Oct 22 2018 22:22 -
I was always more into Japanese's sport bikes myself Kev, but can appreciate that as a bike is a bike is a bike :thumbs:
Ill never have another sports bike but do fancy an old DT175 or something like that from mu youth :madmick:
As said keep us in the know :wink:

Cheers Alan
nice looking bikes them old DT's Alan

Turned it over by hand today, nothing stuck solid, so that's a relief, even a bit of fuel in the tank (probably the last bit of 4* left in the country :laughs: ).
Carbs want a good soaking and cleaning out though, and I just know the clutch plates will be stuck together
so a new battery, carb cleaner, tank cleaned out, oil and filter change and we will see if she sparks up

Just hope the valves havnt got pitted with standing a while---Β£50 for a new head gasket kit :eek:
I rebuilt the engine some 40k miles ago--rebore, drive chains, timing chain---everything else was ok, bomb proof engines so long as the oil is ok, and I drilled those poxy little oil jets out of the camshaft housings that blocked up so easy 35 years ago using a 1/8th drill so plenty oil got round the top end
I think theres a mouse nest in one of the exhausts, but seeing as they are more or less straight thru's it will be ejected rather quickly ---probably in flames :laughs:
wid
Roach
Roach

Post by wid »

Very very nice kev
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Oh no not another fat Hogg on the road :laughs: :thumbs:

Grant :smile:
Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this
I know your tired fed up and close to braking
But theres strength within you even when you feel week
You've come too far to give up now
Stay strong and keep fighting
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Crackoff wrote: ↑Wed Oct 31 2018 10:32 -

That's not a hogg that's a chopper ya daft fecker, built it 37 years ago
Spike
Roach
Roach

Post by Spike »

Proper old skool....luv it :thumbs:

here's mine.....needs a bit of fettling over the winter
25586804_10156135684952089_7921901386826613438_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

Nice

(Truck too face)
Ray Waker
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Kev Berry wrote: ↑Wed Oct 31 2018 23:16 -
Crackoff wrote: ↑Wed Oct 31 2018 10:32 -

That's not a hogg that's a chopper ya daft fecker, built it 37 years ago
Oi don't you wave your chopper at me :laughs:

MalEarl
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by MalEarl »

That's propper owld school Kev, did you build it yourself? That motor was probably the start of the rot for the British motorcycle industry!
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

MalEarl wrote: ↑Sat Dec 29 2018 09:04 -
That's propper owld school Kev, did you build it yourself? That motor was probably the start of the rot for the British motorcycle industry!
Yes built the frame, made the oil tank, battery box---everything, the only parts on there that are standard are the engine, carbs, wheel hubs, suspension is standard with 6" over forks, Had the exhaust made by Custon Chrome at Nuneaton (one off no one else has this design) .

Did you know the inline 4, horizontal case engine that became the CB750 was a design turned down by the w*****s running British motor bike production. The 650 Yamaha Tiger that came out shortly after was a blatant copy of the Bonny, just had horizontal cases that the British industry refused to even consider. Somewhere I have some magazines showing the British bike engine designs that were snapped up by the Japs because the w*****s over here wouldn't change.

The rot that was started by the honda 4 coming in was called bomb proof reliability
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Kev Berry wrote: ↑Sat Dec 29 2018 12:11 -
Yes built the frame, made the oil tank, battery box---everything, the only parts on there that are standard are the engine, carbs, wheel hubs, suspension is standard with 6" over forks, Had the exhaust made by Custon Chrome at Nuneaton (one off no one else has this design) .

Did you know the inline 4, horizontal case engine that became the CB750 was a design turned down by the w*****s running British motor bike production. The 650 Yamaha Tiger that came out shortly after was a blatant copy of the Bonny, just had horizontal cases that the British industry refused to even consider. Somewhere I have some magazines showing the British bike engine designs that were snapped up by the Japs because the w*****s over here wouldn't change.

The rot that was started by the honda 4 coming in was called bomb proof reliability
My mate used to work there, might still do?

His superdream 250 was "shiny" :wink:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

But then, a while later, Triumph came back with the triple :thumbs:
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Bob Watson wrote: ↑Sat Dec 29 2018 13:47 -
That was supposed to be a 2 up one down triple-----too much out the norm for the dinosaurs to consider :laughs:

I thought Custom Chrome had closed its doors some time back Bob?
They made some brilliant custom exhausts, told them how I wanted mine doing and he said he would bend them out and fit them before chroming to see if I liked em first.
Well he didn't, he made them and decided they looked that good he chromed them :laughs: I was well chuffed with them--and they sound beeyootifull
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Kev Berry wrote: ↑Sat Dec 29 2018 14:10 -
Bob Watson wrote: ↑Sat Dec 29 2018 13:47 -
That was supposed to be a 2 up one down triple-----too much out the norm for the dinosaurs to consider :laughs:

I thought Custom Chrome had closed its doors some time back Bob?
They made some brilliant custom exhausts, told them how I wanted mine doing and he said he would bend them out and fit them before chroming to see if I liked em first.
Well he didn't, he made them and decided they looked that good he chromed them :laughs: I was well chuffed with them--and they sound beeyootifull
I left Nuneaton in 85 after 9 years there Kev, so I never knew about the fate of Custom Chrome. My mate (Webby) worked there from leaving school about 79-80.

All the lads had "guvvy" jobs for him, bloody fizzers and AP50's with everything chrome :laughs: Then everyone moved on to X7's and super dreams (remember the old days of 250's on "L" plates?) it was usually just crash bars then!
MalEarl
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by MalEarl »

Totally agree, the Japanese production methods surpassed anything that Meridan was ablle to coble together, its quite ironic that John Bloor still chooses not to use a parallel 4, maybe in definace of those original Japanese motors! Have you seen the 4 cylinder British prototype in the National museum?
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

MalEarl wrote: ↑Sat Dec 29 2018 21:16 -

Totally agree, the Japanese production methods surpassed anything that Meridan was ablle to coble together, its quite ironic that John Bloor still chooses not to use a parallel 4, maybe in definace of those original Japanese motors! Have you seen the 4 cylinder British prototype in the National museum?
No I haven't seen it.
The Jap engineering early on was far in front of any British bike, the only problem was the s**t paint, s**t chrome and s**t metal they used :laughs:
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

P1sspot helmet, handlebar tache and your leather chaps on Kev, you'll proper look the part mate! :laughs:

Seriously, like the look of that - very nice! :thumbs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

I see Mr :rasp: has finished the hogg :oops: sorry Chopper :thumbs:

But why he changed the colour i'll never know :scratch:

53918256_2079739035396503_5416547938916630528_n.jpg

Grant :laughs:

Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Crackoff wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18 2019 02:02 -

You need to grease that thing up and file any sharp corners down Granny ---will make it easier to remove when I've shoved it up your rear orifice :wave: :rasp:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Kev Berry wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18 2019 15:50 -

You need to grease that thing up and file any sharp corners down Granny ---will make it easier to remove when I've shoved it up your rear orifice :wave: :rasp:
You need to grease that thing up and file any sharp corners down Granny ---will make it easier to remove when I've shoved it up your rear orifice

Oh don't you just love it when he talks dirty :laughs: :hug:

Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!