Waverunner Atom Power switch

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Jock Gordon
Barbel
Barbel

Waverunner Atom Power switch

Post by Jock Gordon »

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice here from the electrically minded, the main on off power switch has died on my MK1 waverunner Atom, going to replace it its a 3 pin rocker switch, on looking at them on the evil bay I was a tad confused, the on off ones have 2 pins, others are on/on, on/off/on, momentary off/on, momentary on/off/on, what one do I get ????

Any help would be much appreciated.
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Waverunner Atom Power switch

Post by Duncan Holmes »

Jock Gordon wrote: Mon Jan 28 2019 22:30 -
Hi guys looking for a bit of advice here from the electrically minded, the main on off power switch has died on my MK1 waverunner Atom, going to replace it its a 3 pin rocker switch, on looking at them on the evil bay I was a tad confused, the on off ones have 2 pins, others are on/on, on/off/on, momentary off/on, momentary on/off/on, what one do I get ????

Any help would be much appreciated.
If there is 2 wires connected to your orginal switch and it is just on/off you need a SPST on/off.

If it has 4 wires on/off, you need DPST on/of.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Chris b
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Chris b »

Make sure the switch can handle the current your using too or it might weld perma on.
Be careful buying electrical components off ebay too as theres loadsa bad quality/fake components , personally i wouldnt go anywhere near ebay for electrical stuff and would stick to proper suppliers like CPC ,farnell,RS,mouser,digikey etc
Sam
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Sam »

You want the 12v on/off SPST with waterproof cover. This is the one that is already fitted to the Atom boat. Might be worth buying 2 and keeping one as a spare.

Ebay link here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Standard-Tog ... 1073891438