Lockdown project

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Lockdown project

Post by MarkBerrisford »

Helped keep me occupied for a couple of months during lockdown building this for a mate
It’s 6m x 3m, fully insulated and clad in western red cedar, just needs doors fitted when they’ve got the cash
981FB155-B7F8-4FA3-99C7-8081A533CBBC.jpeg
2C286CB9-E8B4-4428-BD4E-8BA9347D3F96.jpeg
EC4EFE11-F1DB-4BC9-9879-C91F8A4EB759.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Lockdown project

Post by Happy Hayes »

Very nice Mark :thumbs:
Was that a few bottles of Gin in the first photo.
Regards
Tom
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford »

Not my thing gin but well spotted there was about 10 different bottles of gin in there on Saturday!
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook
andrew_nagel
Zander
Zander

Post by andrew_nagel »

I suspect there'll be a few cedar off-cuts taking a swim at some point. Nice job - hope you get invited to the opening party.
SheffSean
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by SheffSean »

That looks sweet Mark, absolutely love the red cedar you've used, I love the look of natural wood, top job mate, :thumbs: you have to fully insulate them to make working/playing in them a pleasure, I used 6 inch Kingspan in my floor and ceiling and 4 inch in the walls, I rarely have to use my heater unless its below freezing
RAB-HENDO
Zander
Zander

Post by RAB-HENDO »

Top job Mark. Just needs a dart board👍🏻
DANCES WAE PIKE
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

SheffSean wrote: Mon Dec 21 2020 18:45 -
That looks sweet Mark, absolutely love the red cedar you've used, I love the look of natural wood, top job mate, :thumbs: you have to fully insulate them to make working/playing in them a pleasure, I used 6 inch Kingspan in my floor and ceiling and 4 inch in the walls, I rarely have to use my heater unless its below freezing

Could you expand on your construction and the use of the insulation you mention.
I have a project in mind and am seeking ideas on the warmest systems.
PM if me you dont want to go off topic.

Thank you.

:santa:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb »

Mike J wrote: Tue Dec 22 2020 11:42 -
SheffSean wrote: Mon Dec 21 2020 18:45 -

Could you expand on your construction and the use of the insulation you mention.
I have a project in mind and am seeking ideas on the warmest systems.
PM if me you dont want to go off topic.

Thank you.

:santa:
Are you insulating an existing shed or garage Mike? At work I've been working on 2 sites recently ,one a portacabin type building that we've converted to a baby building for a nursery and one I'm on now where we are converting a single skin outbuilding to a special needs school building. Different types of insulation were used in them.
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Nice job that :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Love the hit!