Drop offs - mix n match

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Drop offs - mix n match

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Bit of time on my hands as having to isolate for a few days! Possibly too much and over thinking here but gives me some flexibility.

Love the new drop offs fro Pete Foster but wanted some lighter heads despite having the counter balance weights some of my smaller floats where being pulled under. Plus I can see myself loosing the weights in time :laughs:

Also the new ones fit my every day sticks but not the longer ones I use on the river / a couple of waters so a bit of playing about yesterday to give me a bit of flexibility.

Found these surplus kitchen cabinet screw fittings in the garage and cut them down. Glued the female part on the drop of arm and the male thread into the drop off heads. lets me swap em as required. I am going to trim the original Advanced heads down to reduce the weight which hopefully will do away with the need for the solar PTFE / light heads which are a pain to adjust.
drop off 1.jpg
drop off 4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love the hit!
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Re: Drop offs - mix n match

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

drop off 2.jpg
drop off 5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love the hit!
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb »

Kevin O'Keeffe wrote: Sun Jan 24 2021 14:48 -
Bit of time on my hands as having to isolate for a few days! Possibly too much and over thinking here but gives me some flexibility.

Love the new drop offs fro Pete Foster but wanted some lighter heads despite having the counter balance weights some of my smaller floats where being pulled under. Plus I can see myself loosing the weights in time :laughs:

Also the new ones fit my every day sticks but not the longer ones I use on the river / a couple of waters so a bit of playing about yesterday to give me a bit of flexibility.

Found these surplus kitchen cabinet screw fittings in the garage and cut them down. Glued the female part on the drop of arm and the male thread into the drop off heads. lets me swap em as required. I am going to trim the original Advanced heads down to reduce the weight which hopefully will do away with the need for the solar PTFE / light heads which are a pain to adjust.

drop off 1.jpg

drop off 4.jpg
Nice one. I ordered some extra drag weights for the new ones so I can put 3 on each so I can set the clip as lightly as possible when conditions allow.I'm also going to make some pod adapters so they can be used on a pod or any bankstick if I need to use longer,thicker sticks
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Mattjb wrote: Sun Jan 24 2021 15:37 -

drop off 1.jpg

drop off 4.jpg
Nice one. I ordered some extra drag weights for the new ones so I can put 3 on each so I can set the clip as lightly as possible when conditions allow.I'm also going to make some pod adapters so they can be used on a pod or any bankstick if I need to use longer,thicker sticks

Was thinking same for the pod.
Simple adapter.... 15mm copper pipe. Crush 40mm of one end in the vice. Drill a hole in the fattened end to allow the rod rest heads to be screwed in through. Bend the flattened end to 90 deg or the angle you need. Paint or I wrapped in black electrical tape. job done! No idea where mine are... or I would post a pic.
Love the hit!
Mattjb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mattjb »

Kevin O'Keeffe wrote: Sun Jan 24 2021 15:53 -

drop off 1.jpg

drop off 4.jpg

Simple adapter.... 15mm copper pipe. Crush 40mm of one end in the vice. Drill a hole in the fattened end to allow the rod rest heads to be screwed in through. Bend the flattened end to 90 deg or the angle you need. Paint or I wrapped in black electrical tape. job done! No idea where mine are... or I would post a pic.
I've got an old tripod made up of 3 banksticks that screw into a boss.i've cut the bank sticks down and am taking the 3 bolts out of the boss.I'll cut some flat Ali into 2 inch long strips and drill a hole in each end. That should do the trick!
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

I'm currrently looking at cutting up the linegate fox drop offs to frankestein on to the BBB's :boing:
Rob1980
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Rob1980 »

I got some new drop off heads from Pete last season ,cut the heads off the arm that comes with Billy's,then drilled a small hole in the back of Pete's drop off head,drop off glue and pushed it onto the Billy's arm,works perfect :thumbs:
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

Those look great, the Pete Foster heads are a definite improvement.

If you decide to do away with the Solar PTFE clips I will take them off your hands! I have them on my Carp bobbins and one is broken, do you think I can get a replacement anywhere???
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
Rob1980
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Rob1980 »

spincityfan wrote: Wed Jan 27 2021 21:24 -

If you decide to do away with the Solar PTFE clips I will take them off your hands! I have them on my Carp bobbins and one is broken, do you think I can get a replacement anywhere???
I have the 3 original stainless steel ones that come with Billy's thst I took off and replaced with Pete's ,no idea what make the actual clips are tho,ll pm you a picture tomorrow, have a look and if you think you can make use of them you can have them mate I'll not use them again.
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

Rob1980 wrote: Wed Jan 27 2021 21:43 -

I have the 3 original stainless steel ones that come with Billy's thst I took off and replaced with Pete's ,no idea what make the actual clips are tho,ll pm you a picture tomorrow, have a look and if you think you can make use of them you can have them mate I'll not use them again.
Thanks Rob, that will be great :thumbs:

Mr Ash Shaw
Rob1980
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Rob1980 »

spincityfan wrote: Wed Jan 27 2021 21:44 -

These any good to you?
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

Thanks for looking Rob, they look like they will do the job. How much do you want for them?

Mr Ash Shaw
Rob1980
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Rob1980 »

spincityfan wrote: Thu Jan 28 2021 18:57 -
Thanks for looking Rob, they look like they will do the job. How much do you want for them?
Nothing mate,honestly they have just been sitting in my drawer, if you pm me your address I'll pop them in the post :thumbs:
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

Thats very kind, thank you again! :thumbs:

PM inbound

Mr Ash Shaw
Rob1980
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Rob1980 »

spincityfan wrote: Thu Jan 28 2021 20:33 -

PM inbound
No probs,glad you can make use off them I'll pop them in post tomorrow
phil.c
Zander
Zander

Post by phil.c »

Rob1980 wrote: Thu Jan 28 2021 20:36 -
spincityfan wrote: Thu Jan 28 2021 20:33 -

PM inbound
No probs,glad you can make use off them I'll pop them in post tomorrow
Power of the pit again.. Nice one. :thumbs:
My opinion may offend, but it's only an opinion that may differ to your's.
It doesn't make me wrong.

Phil Cheriton....
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

Arrived today, thanks again Rob :thumbs:

Mr Ash Shaw
Rob1980
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Rob1980 »

spincityfan wrote: Mon Feb 01 2021 17:44 -

Arrived today, thanks again Rob :thumbs:
Cheers Ash,hope they do your job :thumbs:
Crispy
Perch
Perch

Post by Crispy »

Kevin O'Keeffe wrote: Sun Jan 24 2021 15:53 -

drop off 1.jpg

drop off 4.jpg

B3D24AFB-6D52-4890-AA09-2C4C71E731D4.jpeg
86C64358-14E9-4068-9EF8-E04D71C599BF.jpeg
Pete Crisp

It’s a good day to have a good day!
www.tascplastics.com
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Much posher than mine my friend..... Proper job!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Love the hit!