Power barrows

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
brian harrison
Barbel
Barbel

Power barrows

Post by brian harrison »

I have made a few of these so far, buying the powered wheel direct from China saves a massive amount of
Cash compared to buying a conversion or complete barrow, it’s pretty simple stuff tbh, me being me I sought
To use better components to join the wires, I tried tyco connectors but found they pulled on the outside wires even when
Adding a few mm extra so purchased some of these ….
IMG_1251.png
IMG_1250.png
Which so far have been faultless.
I think some lithium batteries from China should make them cover extra miles but the standard alarm batts work but are heavy…..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brian harrison
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Power barrows

Post by brian harrison »

The forks are a basic thing to sort really, a bit of bent aluminium bolted to your existing forks will do.
Or you can make new complete forks to replace the standard ones & that gives you the best of both worlds.
These are for a fox explorer barrow but will fit a carp porter too
IMG_1254.jpeg
IMG_1253.jpeg
The other easier option is the brackets…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brian harrison
Barbel
Barbel

Post by brian harrison »

Deffo think the Avid barrow is the best for a conversion, it’s heavy but bullet proof
20230824_125107.jpeg
20230813_162733.jpeg
brian harrison
Barbel
Barbel

Post by brian harrison »

20230824_125020.jpeg
20220506_170028.jpeg
brian harrison
Barbel
Barbel

Post by brian harrison »

20230824_125552.jpeg
brian harrison
Barbel
Barbel

Post by brian harrison »

I have so far done 2 x avid,a fox explorer & a Nash metro, they all work well.
The rear wheels obviously help & can be purchased cheaply via eBay.
You do need to make your own rear legs though.
20230824_125107.jpeg
20220508_171859.jpeg
brian harrison
Barbel
Barbel

Post by brian harrison »

20230824_125026.jpeg
Drilling the existing leg & welding a M8 nut on & adding a thumb screw does the job
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

I'll never take enough gear to need one, but that's impressive stuff Brian.
A matchman friend of mine uses a powered barrow. He leaves all his kit on it, puts ramps on the back of his van and just wheels it in or out and straps the whole fully loaded thing down in the back of the van, reckons it saves at least an hour of his time every session.
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

That looks really good Brian, talking to a lad last night he had waited months, like 6 plus, to get one from a company in the UK!
Paul Ikin
Wayneelman
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Wayneelman »

I've modified a golfing Hill Billy for my tackle transportation .beefed up the traction on the wheels by cable tieing rubber matting on the wheels and a couple of pieces of timber stripes to stabalize the load.Folds away nicely in the Eel Mobile (Focus Estate. )
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Been looking myself, the BCUK barrow is £1500 and their conversion kit is £5-600

I have, according to my last x-ray, worn out feet, basically arthritic with a bit added on. My syndi' is a mile to walk round, last visit saw me stop at the first available swim with what felt like a boot full of pebbles in my feet.

I'd be interested in a three wheeled conversion Brian.
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

pikin wrote: Sat Aug 26 2023 11:30 -
That looks really good Brian, talking to a lad last night he had waited months, like 6 plus, to get one from a company in the UK!
A member of my syndi' ordered one from BCUK last October (I believe) and is still waiting after paying for it, disgusting!
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

Bob Watson wrote: Sun Apr 07 2024 18:35 -
pikin wrote: Sat Aug 26 2023 11:30 -
A member of my syndi' ordered one from BCUK last October (I believe) and is still waiting after paying for it, disgusting!
I asked at my local tackle shop, he said come here and showed me all the broken parts he had awaiting replacement on from the original Manufacturer. I'm treading water on it all at the moment before I spend that type of money!
Last edited by pikin on Mon Apr 15 2024 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Ikin
--Ped--
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by --Ped-- »

i've converted my similar to the Avid one with a wheel motor from aliepres but i've also made one from scratch using a disability scooter axle,tbh this is used for moving logs now though