Transparent sheeting

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Transparent sheeting

Post by Chris Hammond »

Can anyone point me towards a clear rubber sheeting as used in those outdoor newspaper racks?

I can find it on Amazon but can’t figure out how to order a bespoke size.

I’m looking for a piece 1700mm long and 350mm wide and around 3mm thickness (or thick enough to do the same job as those newspaper racks )
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Transparent sheeting

Post by Mike J »

Chris Hammond wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 09:22 -
Can anyone point me towards a clear rubber sheeting as used in those outdoor newspaper racks?

I’m looking for a piece 1700mm long and 350mm wide and around 3mm thickness (or thick enough to do the same job as those newspaper racks )

Do you mean the clear sheeting used for windows in canvas boat covers? From memory the material is called acetate and is semi stiff but can be rolled up when the cover is lifted? If that is what you want I have sailmakers around me who use it and could make an enquiry or pick up an offcut which are often free.
Sorry buy I have not seen a newspaper rack for years.

:santa: Happy Christmas.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Post by OLDESOX »

ebay the world of stuff try this to start https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115277298445
retired so time to smell the roses.
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Mike J wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 09:49 -
Chris Hammond wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 09:22 -

Do you mean the clear sheeting used for windows in canvas boat covers? From memory the material is called acetate and is semi stiff but can be rolled up when the cover is lifted? If that is what you want I have sailmakers around me who use it and could make an enquiry or pick up an offcut which are often free.
Sorry buy I have not seen a newspaper rack for years.

:santa: Happy Christmas.

Thanks Mike. I’m not sure re the boat windows but the stuff I’m looking for is a plastic sheet with the properties of rubber. On the newspaper rack the idea is that you lift it and take your paper out and then it falls back in place to keep the rain off. To do that it has to be pretty much memory free and heavy enough.
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

OLDESOX wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 10:00 -
ebay the world of stuff try this to start https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115277298445
Thanks E I think that’s the stuff. I will take a proper look and check it out. :thumbs:
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Chris Hammond wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 14:13 -
Thanks E I think that’s the stuff. I will take a proper look and check it out. :thumbs:
Chilled transport/warehousing use this stuff Chris, they often renew and should you know anyone in this line, may be a result for you without newly purchasing.
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Stewlaws wrote: Sat Dec 30 2023 15:01 -
Chris Hammond wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 14:13 -
Chilled transport/warehousing use this stuff Chris, they often renew and should you know anyone in this line, may be a result for you without newly purchasing.
I’ve ordered some now Stew but yes of course. It’s the stuff that warehouses use to pouch trolleys through as a sort of door. :thumbs: