Stihl 026 chainsaw owners

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Stihl 026 chainsaw owners

Post by Mike J »

Anyone here own and use a Stihl 026 chainsaw?

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Stihl 026 chainsaw owners

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Yes Mike had it new in 2002 and Stihl starts on the button
Old Mate
Roach
Roach

Post by Old Mate »

Yes Mike! Called a Farm Boss here.
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

My dads got an 025 and I had the pleasure of overhauling and putting to good hard work an 028 WoodBoss that my neighbour couldn’t start.

Cmon Mike that’s 3 reply’s the suspense is killing Tractor Steve :clown:
Andy Carpenter
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Pull, yank, yank, start you son of a bit** start. Mike it's been done before but just check the mix is definitely in the fuel tank and the chain oil is in its correct compartment. It's been 3 days, I heard a story years ago of a bloke that did just that, he nearly wore the starter cord out trying to start the thing and then nearly put his shoulder out launching it over the hedge.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Sun Feb 04 2024 17:19 -
Pull, yank, yank, start you son of a bit** start. Mike it's been done before but just check the mix is definitely in the fuel tank and the chain oil is in its correct compartment. It's been 3 days, I heard a story years ago of a bloke that did just that, he nearly wore the starter cord out trying to start the thing and then nearly put his shoulder out launching it over the hedge.

PM sent to both.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
--Ped--
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by --Ped-- »

026 was the std groundy saw/saw by chipper when i worked for a tree surgeon, i have an ms260 bought it s/h about 16yrs ago and it gets used more than my other saws