BASIC 12V BLUETOOTH STEREO

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
gus666
Zander
Zander
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

BASIC 12V BLUETOOTH STEREO

Post by gus666 »

I'm wanting to install a very basic Bluetooth enabled stereo in my van, but wired to the leisure battery, not the van battery.
I'm wanting to install it and the small speakers on the side of my Ottoman bed (see below) and it doesn't need to be powerful or fancy. I'm only going to music via Bluetooth from my phone. No requirements for SD cards or USBs.
Ottoman.jpeg
Car stereos seem to be far too complicated and have more features than I need. I looked at a marine stereo and that seems OK and some come with speakers, but I feel I could get something simpler maybe?
stereo.png
I've also read that I might need a voltage regulator because a 12v amplifier might get fried by the power from the leisure battery (which can read 14v sometimes). Do the marine stereos come with protection built in?
Anyone any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.