Miniature flowers

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Miniature flowers

Post by Chris Hammond »

Any gardening gurus using the forums?

I’m looking to find the tiniest flowers it is possible to grow?

Preferably ones that can be grown outdoors in the British climate, but I’m also interested in growing some indoors in terrariums.
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Re: Miniature flowers

Post by Cyprio »

No Guru but Alpines will grow outside on very well drained ground and have some pretty small flowers.

Assuming you want individual flowers, if not on mass Lobelia or Alison have hundreds of very small flowers per plant.
Andy Carpenter
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Cyprio wrote: Sat Mar 16 2024 10:35 -
No Guru but Alpines will grow outside on very well drained ground and have some pretty small flowers.

Assuming you want individual flowers, if not on mass Lobelia or Alison have hundreds of very small flowers per plant.
Thanks Andy. I’m specifically looking for flowers I can grow in plugs no bigger than a thimble. I was thinking there might be some alpines that fit the bill. I can find fairly small flowers on large plants but I’m hoping to find plants that are tiny with flowers.
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

Intrigue got the better of me so had a little search
Found this list;
https://www.bhg.com/gardening/container ... 979479567/
Andy Carpenter
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Cyprio wrote: Sat Mar 16 2024 22:01 -
Intrigue got the better of me so had a little search
Found this list;
https://www.bhg.com/gardening/container ... 979479567/
That’s excellent mate. I actually know a few of those too.👍
whitey79
Perch
Perch

Post by whitey79 »

Chris Hammond wrote: Sat Mar 16 2024 16:33 -

Thanks Andy. I’m specifically looking for flowers I can grow in plugs no bigger than a thimble. I was thinking there might be some alpines that fit the bill. I can find fairly small flowers on large plants but I’m hoping to find plants that are tiny with flowers.
I’m intrigued as to why you want tiny flowers Chris any particular reason 🤔
I am the real Lee white last time I looked
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

whitey79 wrote: Sun Mar 17 2024 22:51 -

Mainly to furnish green roofs and miniature hanging baskets on bird boxes. I have some left over sedum from a green roofing job but they look a bit drab and could do with a little colour.

I fancy making some terrariums and maybe a paludarium too.
whitey79
Perch
Perch

Post by whitey79 »

Chris Hammond wrote: Mon Mar 18 2024 05:52 -

Mainly to furnish green roofs and miniature hanging baskets on bird boxes. I have some left over sedum from a green roofing job but they look a bit drab and could do with a little colour.

Thought you might have been making a fairy garden seen loads of them latley
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

whitey79 wrote: Mon Mar 18 2024 07:55 -
Chris Hammond wrote: Mon Mar 18 2024 05:52 -

Thought you might have been making a fairy garden seen loads of them latley
Yeah I’m following a terrarium group on FB and quite a few of the ladies set up fairy grotto type gardens.

Not my thing but I quite fancy making a few small bottle gardens. I’ve got quite a few interesting bottles I’ve found or kept over the years.
whitey79
Perch
Perch

Post by whitey79 »

Some of the tank scape gardens look amazing like mini Amazon forests you got me thinking now