Batter

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Batter

Post by delboy »

I do. the BBQ and thats it,unless Mercman comes round that is,he is proper domesticated
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

Mike J wrote: ↑Sat Mar 31 2018 19:44 -
nordbeck wrote: ↑Tue Mar 06 2018 12:50 -
Mike J wrote: ↑Tue Mar 06 2018 09:26 -
Tim, do you have a recipe for the perfect pancake mix, and what oil would you advise.

I use a De Buyer Mineral B and like them ultra thin with lots of lemon juice and white sugar (Limie style).

Thanks in advance.
Indeed I do πŸ‘Œ

Start of with a lump of butter (in this case about 40g) and brown it in a casserole. Don’t get it black or burnt but nicely brown and caramelized. Set aside and let cool down but not so much that it gets solid again.

Whisk 2 eggs, a pinch of salt, 25g of vanilla sugar and a 1/4 scratched out pod of fresh vanilla, just whisk till it is dissolved.

Add about 150g of milk and whisk again, now add sifted pastry flour till you have a nice runny consistency. Now quickly stir in the browned butter. Cover and set aside. Let it rest at least 45 minutes (you can also do this days before and leave it in the fridge up to 4days without risk).

The gluten in the flower will expand and possibly thicken the batter again, so check before use and otherwise attach with a little more milk.

Bring favorite pan to medium heat and use butter, when the bubbles become bigger, spread out the batter very thinly and quickly bake to preference. Classical French wants them to be pale and colourless but I prefer a bit of color. Goes well with almost everything...

Hope it turns out well. πŸ‘

Okay, NOW I am ready to try your pancake recipe.
Previously - first I sourced a Vanilla pod (Madagascar) then my glass hob (English) cracked, to install my new (German) cooker some work was required on my (English) cabinets, a gas fitter (Local) was required to install the gas hob, the floor required raising (self) finally everything was set to go. Ah but the central heating system had stopped operating brrr, gas fitter again, parts (English) required, gas fitter again, more eggs as I had eaten the others, and now I am finally ready to make the pancakes, tomorrow!

During the above my Demeyere Pans (Belgium) were delivered, made to special order but without the faults of those I had rejected in the shop, but oh no, they all had the same fault (you were right Tim) so yest a trip to drop-off location to ship them back and receive my full refund immediately thereafter.

Fingers crossed for me - please!

:handshake:
You must really really love pancakes Mike!!
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

zodiac wrote: ↑Sat Mar 31 2018 20:41 -
Tim, do you have a recipe for the perfect pancake mix, and what oil would you advise.

I use a De Buyer Mineral B and like them ultra thin with lots of lemon juice and white sugar (Limie style).

Thanks in advance.
Indeed I do πŸ‘Œ

Start of with a lump of butter (in this case about 40g) and brown it in a casserole. Don’t get it black or burnt but nicely brown and caramelized. Set aside and let cool down but not so much that it gets solid again.

Whisk 2 eggs, a pinch of salt, 25g of vanilla sugar and a 1/4 scratched out pod of fresh vanilla, just whisk till it is dissolved.

Add about 150g of milk and whisk again, now add sifted pastry flour till you have a nice runny consistency. Now quickly stir in the browned butter. Cover and set aside. Let it rest at least 45 minutes (you can also do this days before and leave it in the fridge up to 4days without risk).

The gluten in the flower will expand and possibly thicken the batter again, so check before use and otherwise attach with a little more milk.

Bring favorite pan to medium heat and use butter, when the bubbles become bigger, spread out the batter very thinly and quickly bake to preference. Classical French wants them to be pale and colourless but I prefer a bit of color. Goes well with almost everything...

Previously - first I sourced a Vanilla pod (Madagascar) then my glass hob (English) cracked, to install my new (German) cooker some work was required on my (English) cabinets, a gas fitter (Local) was required to install the gas hob, the floor required raising (self) finally everything was set to go. Ah but the central heating system had stopped operating brrr, gas fitter again, parts (English) required, gas fitter again, more eggs as I had eaten the others, and now I am finally ready to make the pancakes, tomorrow!

During the above my Demeyere Pans (Belgium) were delivered, made to special order but without the faults of those I had rejected in the shop, but oh no, they all had the same fault (you were right Tim) so yest a trip to drop-off location to ship them back and receive my full refund immediately thereafter.

You must really really love pancakes Mike!!

They are alright but my wife really does enjoy them.
I love cooking everything but English dishes are my least favourite.
This time around I have enjoyed having the sky over my head, in my next life Im going to be a Chef (this is just practice).

:thumbs:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
nordbeck
Chub
Chub

Post by nordbeck »

Thanks in advance.
Indeed I do πŸ‘Œ

Sounds good to me, too bad this belgian f*****s messed it up again :/

How did your pancakes turn out?

Happy Easter!
Greetings from the continent,

Tim
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »