The best bacon I've ever had.

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
Nobby C
Chub
Chub

The best bacon I've ever had.

Post by Nobby C »

IMG_20190301_095123.jpg
I can't show the actual product because I've eaten it all. 10 rashers of dry smoked back, on the George Forman, no water, no white goo just goodness.

https://www.yorkshiresmokehouse.co.uk/s ... -p95058263
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisWales
Chub
Chub

Re: The best bacon I've ever had.

Post by ChrisWales »

I get from my local butcher, cures it himself and as you say theres no water or white cack coming out of it. He did have a website for mail order but he seems to have took it offline (sadly winding down for retirement I think), The sausages, burgers (in fact all his stuff) is lovely. Brings his black pudding in from Bury too
piker60
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker60 »

Nobby C wrote: Fri Mar 01 2019 10:56 -
IMG_20190301_095123.jpg

I can't show the actual product because I've eaten it all. 10 rashers of dry smoked back, on the George Forman, no water, no white goo just goodness.

https://www.yorkshis the resmokehouse.co.uk/store/Plain-Back-Bacon-p95058263

Have to give them a go. Fed up with the s***e quality bacon these days with all that white goo (phosphate weight enhancer) that is the norm. Had just about given up eating crap quality bacon.
"The best argument against democracy, is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"
W.Churchill
It doesn't matter who you vote for the government still gets in.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

what is that white muck exactly?

getting difficult to fry some brands of bacon theres that much water in it, just about given up eating the supermarket pre packed s***e
(don't worry Karl, will be top bacon on the boat :thumbs: )
Nobby C
Chub
Chub

Post by Nobby C »

It's phosphates and salt, chicken protein and water to add weight. The same is pumped into cheap chickens.
That bacon is sold locally and I'll be buying from them as its only 50p more than online which, unless I spend £50 will incur postage charges. Plus I get to support a local business. Win win.
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Kev Berry wrote: Mon Mar 04 2019 10:15 -

(don't worry Karl, will be top bacon on the boat :thumbs: )
:thumbs: glad to hear it Kev :grin:
piker60
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker60 »

Nobby C wrote: Mon Mar 04 2019 11:16 -
It's phosphates and salt, chicken protein and water to add weight. The same is pumped into cheap chickens.
That bacon is sold locally and I'll be buying from them as its only 50p more than online which, unless I spend £50 will incur postage charges. Plus I get to support a local business. Win win.
You've persuaded me Nobby.
"The best argument against democracy, is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"
W.Churchill
It doesn't matter who you vote for the government still gets in.