soup maker

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
fishandy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

soup maker

Post by fishandy »

so soup makers worth the money or not ?
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: soup maker

Post by Andrew »

Surely thats just called a pot ?
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Buy yourself a decent blender and use a big stockpot to make your soup.

My way.
Joint a chicken or duck and use the bones and boiling water to make the base, sieve, remove the meat and add to base, then add whatever you want and simmer for as long as possible, its the simmer time that produces the depth of flavour.
Finally blend to a smooth texture and freeze into portion packs for reheating and consumption.
Do not reheat a second time.
Last edited by Mike J on Sat Nov 23 2019 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Mike J wrote: Wed Nov 20 2019 09:46 -
Buy yourself a decempnt blender and use a big stockpot to make your soup.

My way.
Joint a chicken or duck and use the bones and boiling water to make the base, sieve, remove the meat and add to base, then add whatever you want and simmer for as long as possible, its the simmer time that produces the depth of flavour.
Finally blend to a smooth texture and freeze into portion packs for reheating and consumption.
Do not reheat a second time.
Never heard of potage Mike?

Your ancestors would have starved to death without it, having said that, our appendix may have still been functional then :laughs:
danubia
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by danubia »

Nope, got one and now gathering dust. Pot and a stck blender does the job for me found that the soup maker meant that i had to chop everything so small, it took longer. but bread make is great and used all the time - weird I know
tigger996
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by tigger996 »

I have one and use it quite often. Less bother to use and you do not have to worry about it boiling over.
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

Bought the wife one about 3 years ago and after the initial WTF
She now uses it week in week out 👍
That Perkins !!! 😂
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

I have a pressure king pro I use for making soup these days. Took a bit of getting used to but u use the pressure king for alot of my cooking now.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
fishandy
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by fishandy »

the one I am looking at ,you just bung all the ingredients in set up the timer ,set it to chunky or smooth and in half an hour perfect soup, so we shall see