Cheese

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
Post Reply
User avatar
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Stockton on Redacted

Cheese

Post by Bob Watson » Sun Feb 16 2020 20:26

Just got the specially selected red leicester from Aldi, had a quick taste and it's delish' I like red L for cheese on toast, this is going to be nice.
I don't have a nickname :roll:

User avatar
Mike J
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7151
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Cheese

Post by Mike J » Mon Feb 17 2020 13:12

Stilton and crunchy pickled onions.
Emmental on toast or sliced into a soup.
Gorgonzolla and red onions in a sandwich.
Triangles spread onto Jacobs crispbreads, because they can be assembled on the bank.

Something called "crumbly" a Northern friend used to send me for Christmas was delishious - anyone know its real name?
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Cheese

Post by davelumb » Mon Feb 17 2020 13:38

Mike J wrote:
Stilton and crunchy pickled onions.
Emmental on toast or sliced into a soup.
Gorgonzolla and red onions in a sandwich.
Triangles spread onto Jacobs crispbreads, because they can be assembled on the bank.

Something called "crumbly" a Northern friend used to send me for Christmas was delishious - anyone know its real name?
Lancashire cheese comes in three types; creamy, crumbly and tasty.. :thumbs:

User avatar
Mike J
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7151
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Cheese

Post by Mike J » Mon Feb 17 2020 13:43

davelumb wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Stilton and crunchy pickled onions.
Emmental on toast or sliced into a soup.
Gorgonzolla and red onions in a sandwich.
Triangles spread onto Jacobs crispbreads, because they can be assembled on the bank.

Something called "crumbly" a Northern friend used to send me for Christmas was delishious - anyone know its real name?
Lancashire cheese comes in three types; creamy, crumbly and tasty.. :thumbs:


That's it, he was from Lancs. :thumbs:
Infact his wife's grandfather was the last hangman in the Jail, she even showed me his rope.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Cheese

Post by davelumb » Mon Feb 17 2020 13:46

Mike J wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Stilton and crunchy pickled onions.
Emmental on toast or sliced into a soup.
Gorgonzolla and red onions in a sandwich.
Triangles spread onto Jacobs crispbreads, because they can be assembled on the bank.

Something called "crumbly" a Northern friend used to send me for Christmas was delishious - anyone know its real name?
Lancashire cheese comes in three types; creamy, crumbly and tasty.. :thumbs:


That's it, he was from Lancs. :thumbs:
Infact his wife's grandfather was the last hangman in the Jail, she even showed me his rope.
Albert Pierrepoint?

User avatar
Mike J
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7151
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Cheese

Post by Mike J » Mon Feb 17 2020 14:13

davelumb wrote:
Mike J wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Stilton and crunchy pickled onions.
Emmental on toast or sliced into a soup.
Gorgonzolla and red onions in a sandwich.
Triangles spread onto Jacobs crispbreads, because they can be assembled on the bank.

Something called "crumbly" a Northern friend used to send me for Christmas was delishious - anyone know its real name?
Lancashire cheese comes in three types; creamy, crumbly and tasty.. :thumbs:


That's it, he was from Lancs. :thumbs:
Infact his wife's grandfather was the last hangman in the Jail, she even showed me his rope.
Albert Pierrepoint?

I dont know Dave, it was all a bit of shock being shown the rope and then she died and I lost touch with my friend when he changed jobs.
But I still remember her potato and onion pies though.

Now to try and find a supplier of crumbly.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus

User avatar
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander
Posts: 5261
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Stockton on Redacted

Re: Cheese

Post by Bob Watson » Mon Feb 17 2020 18:09

My go to fishing cheese is St Agur on Carrs water biscuits washed down with a nice rioja.

I also split and stuff potato croquets with it and cook them in the ridgemonkey for a tasty bankside snack.
I don't have a nickname :roll:

Mattjb
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1720
Joined: Tue Jan 31 2012 06:00

Re: Cheese

Post by Mattjb » Thu Feb 20 2020 19:02

Barber 1833 vintage reserve cheddar is my fave. If you like a strong cheddar this proper Somerset one is the business .As well as being nice on a cracker or bread it's good for grating in omelettes, on pasta etc.

User avatar
tigger996
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Aug 14 2013 05:00
Location: Totton
Contact:

Re: Cheese

Post by tigger996 » Sun Feb 23 2020 13:42

Albert Pierrepoint wasn't the last hangman, he resigned after the Ruth Ellis execution.

Stewlaws
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu Dec 28 2017 16:49

Re: Cheese

Post by Stewlaws » Mon Feb 24 2020 13:37

Without googling I thought Pierrepoint was the last ?

User avatar
Andytheammer
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1873
Joined: Mon Jan 27 2014 22:43
Location: Essex

Re: Cheese

Post by Andytheammer » Mon Feb 24 2020 14:24

Roquefort for me!
On crackers or melted over a nice Rib eye steak!

User avatar
tigger996
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Aug 14 2013 05:00
Location: Totton
Contact:

Re: Cheese

Post by tigger996 » Tue Feb 25 2020 17:19

Albert Pierrepoint retired in 1956. Harry Allen conducted the last execution on 13 August 1964

Mynki
Roach
Roach
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Feb 02 2020 23:41

Re: Cheese

Post by Mynki » Sat Mar 07 2020 18:51

Andytheammer wrote:
Roquefort for me!
On crackers or melted over a nice Rib eye steak!
Me too. Tastiest cheese out there!

Chris Hammond
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1902
Joined: Sun Apr 14 2019 08:14

Re: Cheese

Post by Chris Hammond » Tue Apr 07 2020 19:35

Nothing beats Bert Epoisse for me currently. I had some cheese must be over ten years ago around a posh mate's house and spent the time since trying to remember it's name. I'd never tasted it again until around my pal's one Sunday when he followed up a Sunday roast with a bottle of port, some Cox's, and fresh french bread. Absolutely divine!

Post Reply