Advacado

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Advacado

Post by Chris Hammond »

One thing I've never really found appealing but for some strange reason this is the second week in a row that I've bought one with my weekly shop. Last week's went in the bin untouched.

I've made guacamole before and can take or leave it but was wondering if anyone has any other recipes I can try?
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Re: Advacado

Post by spincityfan »

try spreading it on toast with a poached egg on top
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Never waste good food, but it is best when it is ripe, that is when it has the dark blotches on it, same as mangos and bananas.

Chop, mash or blend into yogurt, cream or a curry or add to any plate as a green side.

Full of natural goodness, yummy but expensive.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

My kids love avocado, I just cut them in half, and they eat it with a spoon out of the skin. As Mike says, best when soft and ripe. I'm not keen on it myself, but I'm quite happy watching the kids get full of vitamins. It's a bit of 'fad' food just now, I don't think you'll have any problem finding recipes with a quick Google search.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

Cheers chaps. 👍
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

spincityfan wrote: Sat Aug 15 2020 10:34 -
try spreading it on toast with a poached egg on top
Aye that’s a lovely snack :thumbs:
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

It went in the bin yesterday. I couldn't make my mind up what to do with it and realised that it had gone off sitting in the fruit bowl. :red: