Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
User avatar
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Bardney on't mud
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by Chico 48 PAC » Sun Oct 25 2020 18:16

A lad at work brought in some Chorley cakes, found them to be very dull compared to an Eccles.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by davelumb » Sun Oct 25 2020 18:23

Chico 48 PAC wrote:
A lad at work brought in some Chorley cakes, found them to be very dull compared to an Eccles.
As mentioned earlier - butter 'em. :thumbs:

jack
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 437
Joined: Sat Nov 01 2014 17:14

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by jack » Sun Oct 25 2020 18:56

No, no! Eccles cake and a brew! Proper!

User avatar
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Bardney on't mud
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by Chico 48 PAC » Mon Oct 26 2020 23:53

davelumb wrote:
Chico 48 PAC wrote:
A lad at work brought in some Chorley cakes, found them to be very dull compared to an Eccles.
As mentioned earlier - butter 'em. :thumbs:
But would a buttered Chorley be as good as an unbuttered Eccles? I think not.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by davelumb » Tue Oct 27 2020 09:16

Chico 48 PAC wrote:
davelumb wrote:
Chico 48 PAC wrote:
A lad at work brought in some Chorley cakes, found them to be very dull compared to an Eccles.
As mentioned earlier - butter 'em. :thumbs:
But would a buttered Chorley be as good as an unbuttered Eccles? I think not.
Apples and oranges.

For real indulgence butter an Eccles!!

User avatar
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: Bardney on't mud
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by Chico 48 PAC » Tue Oct 27 2020 23:52

Strewth no.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.

User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7180
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by John Milford » Wed Oct 28 2020 00:30

Having tried Chorleys, I think I prefer them to Eccles - which I find just a little too sweet for my palate. I did find Chorleys a bit dry - but Lumby's solution sorts that. :thumbs:

Welsh cakes are still the ones for me though - fantastic, straight out the pack.

(Their only drawback is that it requires a great effort of will, not to down the whole pack with my first brew!).
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by davelumb » Wed Oct 28 2020 09:17

I'm distraught. All this talk of Chorley cakes sent me off to my usual shop. NONE!! Had to settle for four Eccles cakes. Which didn't last the day out. They are a bit like eating sweets.

User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7180
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by John Milford » Wed Oct 28 2020 10:02

davelumb wrote:
All this talk of Chorley cakes sent me off to my usual shop. NONE!!
The 'power of the pit' strikes again! :clown:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by davelumb » Fri Dec 11 2020 15:11

_DL35743.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
John Milford
Zander
Zander
Posts: 7180
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by John Milford » Fri Dec 11 2020 15:51

davelumb wrote:
_DL35743.jpg
I've just seen this post - it says posted 35 minutes ago.

I'm guessing that Grandma Wild's Giant Eccles cake disappeared about 34 minutes ago? :laughs:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "

User avatar
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 3501
Joined: Mon Sep 14 2015 15:45
Location: Where Sheep are Nervous.

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by alan behenna » Fri Dec 11 2020 16:23

Al's got four of the Eccles cake beasties' lurking on a shelf in the fridge, as we speak, (not for much longer).

I shall attempt to eat them just one by one, and spread them out over two days, let's see how far we get.

:eek:

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by davelumb » Fri Dec 11 2020 16:48

John Milford wrote:
davelumb wrote:
_DL35743.jpg
I've just seen this post - it says posted 35 minutes ago.

I'm guessing that Grandma Wild's Giant Eccles cake disappeared about 34 minutes ago? :laughs:
:thumbs:

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by davelumb » Fri Dec 11 2020 16:50

alan behenna wrote:
Al's got four of the Eccles cake beasties' lurking on a shelf in the fridge, as we speak, (not for much longer).

I shall attempt to eat them just one by one, and spread them out over two days, let's see how far we get.

:eek:
I almost bought a four pack of standard Eccles cakes but thought there might be less to one giant Eccles cake. Knowing that eiher would only last one sitting. :exit:

User avatar
Graham Benyon
Barbel
Barbel
Posts: 3270
Joined: Thu Sep 22 2011 05:00
Location: Leafy Cheshire
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by Graham Benyon » Fri Dec 11 2020 20:08

Born in Eccles, Chorley cakes are by far the best especially with butter on the top

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 29085
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by davelumb » Fri Dec 11 2020 20:14

Graham Benyon wrote:
Born in Eccles, Chorley cakes are by far the best especially with butter on the top
:thumbs:

Muskie
Jack Pike
Jack Pike
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Aug 18 2020 18:06

Re: Eccles, Chorley or Welsh?

Post by Muskie » Thu Dec 31 2020 17:51

Eccles for me. Luverly. I can get them in Waitrose.

Post Reply