Hot Air Oven - anyone use or have experience of one?

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Hot Air Oven - anyone use or have experience of one?

Post by Mike J »

In these troubled times looking to buy a hot air oven.

Any member have one or seen them in use?

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Hot Air Oven - anyone use or have experience of one?

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Mike J wrote: Wed Aug 31 2022 15:32 -
In these troubled times looking to buy a hot air oven.

Any member have one or seen them in use?

You mean a Ninja air fryer ?
FB8CF31D-63F6-4296-948F-1B9DB677F9E6.jpeg
Great pieces of kit :thumbs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Slow cooker will be giving a dusting off here ...
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Cost of roasting an average Chicken going from £1.38 to £5.16 as from Oct ... incredible.
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Stewlaws wrote: Thu Sep 01 2022 12:58 -
Cost of roasting an average Chicken going from £1.38 to £5.16 as from Oct ... incredible.
Stew that model of Ninja we have has, roast, air fry, dehydrate and max crisp setting.
We can roast a 4lb+ chicken in one side and roast spuds etc in the other. Uses a fraction of the lectrickery a normal fan oven dose :smile:

In prep for ripping this kitchen out we’ve also had gas bottles (no mains supply where we are) installed, and a full gas oven.
We purchased 2 x 45kg (the big bottles) full, for £140…We had the same set up on our large range at our previous addy, but with the smaller bottles as we only had the gas job.
Based on how long the smaller bottles lasted on a 5 burner range, we are probably looking at ~4 yrs supply :eek: with these bottles.

Even considering the install cost £700 we will still be saving on energy…BIG time
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Edward.P.A.C wrote: Thu Sep 01 2022 15:09 -
Stew that model of Ninja we have has, roast, air fry, dehydrate and max crisp setting.
We can roast a 4lb+ chicken in one side and roast spuds etc in the other. Uses a fraction of the lectrickery a normal fan oven dose :smile:

In prep for ripping this kitchen out we’ve also had gas bottles (no mains supply where we are) installed, and a full gas oven.
We purchased 2 x 45kg (the big bottles) full, for £140…We had the same set up on our large range at our previous addy, but with the smaller bottles as we only had the gas job.
Based on how long the smaller bottles lasted on a 5 burner range, we are probably looking at ~4 yrs supply :eek: with these bottles.

Even considering the install cost £700 we will still be saving on energy…BIG time
Karl which size one is that,there’s 2 different capacities on Ninja website
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Nige Johns wrote: Thu Sep 01 2022 18:33 -

Hi Nige, pretty sure it’s the 9.6ltr one.
Just looked on their website (not currently at home or I’d check the model).
https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninj ... dAF400UKDB
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Edward.P.A.C wrote: Thu Sep 01 2022 19:03 -
Nige Johns wrote: Thu Sep 01 2022 18:33 -

Hi Nige, pretty sure it’s the 9.6ltr one.
Just looked on their website (not currently at home or I’d check the model).
https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninj ... dAF400UKDB
Thanks Karl got it,sold out everywhere by the looks of it
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

We have the same model,
Fantastic bit of kit
That Perkins !!! 😂
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Looks like I’ve missed the boat as can’t find the larger one anywhere
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Nige Johns wrote: Fri Sep 02 2022 06:32 -
Depending on how many you’re cooking for Nige, the 7.5ltr one would prolly do you ?

They really are extremely versatile and use next to bugger all juice, compared to a full oven.
Wouldn’t be without one now!!!

They also do another model that has a slow cooker facility? It was a toss up between that one, and the one we got. But as our full size gas cooker has a slow cook option we went with this one.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Slightly smaller Ninja 7.6L AS300UK In stock at Curry's.

Mine's being delivered tomorrow.

First attempt will be four chicken legs and thighs. Watch this space :smile:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Edward.P.A.C wrote: Fri Sep 02 2022 06:39 -
Depending on how many you’re cooking for Nige, the 7.5ltr one would prolly do you ?

They really are extremely versatile and use next to bugger all juice, compared to a full oven.

They also do another model that has a slow cooker facility? It was a toss up between that one, and the one we got. But as our full size gas cooker has a slow cook option we went with this one.
Wonder if the smaller one would take a whole small chicken ?
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Nige Johns wrote: Fri Sep 02 2022 11:30 -

Send me the chicken and I will tell you :laughs:

Seriously Im happy to post the size of the container/s etc.
The trouble is who eats the back of a chicken? Yes its okay for a picking but its the other bits we eat so why waste space cooking everything else. Thats why I buy legs and thighs or bone out 3or4 when they're on offer and make stock from the bones.

Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Mike J wrote: Fri Sep 02 2022 11:42 -

The trouble is who eats the back of a chicken? Yes its okay for a picking but its the other bits we eat so why waste space cooking everything else. Thats why I buy legs and thighs or bone out 3or4 when they're on offer and make stock from the bones.

Just here to to curry’s none anywhere in the country do good luck if you get yours.and let me know which store it came from
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

If only we could somehow harness all the hot air spouted on here - the energy crisis would be over. :clown:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Nige Johns wrote: Fri Sep 02 2022 12:16 -

Just here to to curry’s none anywhere in the country do good luck if you get yours.and let me know which store it came from

Good wife/keyboard expert did a Google search and it came up with Currys as the cheapest. There is one in Amazon right now at £399. We paid £179 the same price as Ninja sell them direct.
Just had notification from DPD it will be delivered tomorrow.

Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Mike J wrote: Fri Sep 02 2022 15:21 -
Nige Johns wrote: Fri Sep 02 2022 12:16 -

Good wife/keyboard expert did a Google search and it came up with Currys as the cheapest. There is one in Amazon right now at £399. We paid £179 the same price as Ninja sell them direct.
Just had notification from DPD it will be delivered tomorrow.

f*****g £400….!!! :eek: taking the p**s!! That’s double what ours cost :w****r:
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Hi Nige, as promised below are the dimensions.
Each drawer; W 6" L 8.5" D 3.375" (4" without the inner tray) both drawers are of equal size.
Trial cook - six pork and apple sausages 10mins, inc. one turn and a temp. check, result below :grin:
2A1E23BD-95AD-4B72-A053-C174D2C574CD.jpeg
Certainly not a bulky cooker, its actually the same width as a Breville toaster.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Mike J wrote: Sat Sep 03 2022 16:33 -

Each drawer; W 6" L 8.5" D 3.375" (4" without the inner tray) both drawers are of equal size.
Trial cook - six pork and apple sausages 10mins, inc. one turn and a temp. check, result below :grin:

Certainly not a bulky cooker, its actually the same width as a Breville toaster.

Looks nice Mike,now sold out on Curry’s,
Do you think you could roast a whole small chicken in one of the drawers
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Nige Johns wrote: Sat Sep 03 2022 17:04 -
Mike J wrote: Sat Sep 03 2022 16:33 -

Looks nice Mike,now sold out on Curry’s,
Do you think you could roast a whole small chicken in one of the drawers

Yes I reckon a small chicken would fit. I will get one to try when I next go shopping.
One blessing is there was smell when cooking the sausages even when the drawer was opened to turn them over there wasn't any smell.
The noise when it was working was another surprise, it was actually less than our microwave.
Cleaning the inner tray was minimal about the same time as a dinner plate, just hot water and a soapy sponge.

One essential is a food thermometer, because its so quick you need one to ensure its is really cooked thoroughly.

Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Argos have some models available, been pondering myself for some time now!
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Bob Watson wrote: Sun Sep 04 2022 09:22 -
Argos have some models available, been pondering myself for some time now!

We are having roast chicken legs & thighs, roast potatoes and peas today. The plan is to record our electricity meter readings before and after.

:thumbs:

Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

And there ya have it. Mike’s had his fryer a day snd he’s now the world’s authority on them :laughs:

We’ve had ours almost a year, and not once have I had to use a thermometer on anything cooked.
Done numerous chickens, (full, thighs, wings), never had an issue. :shrug:
But then the only time I ever use a food thermometer is when I’m doing large brisket joints, or pulled pork on the smoker.
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

Just fitted a large sainsburys chicken in ours.

See how it pans out ☺️
That Perkins !!! 😂
Edward.P.A.C
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Edward.P.A.C »

Carlperkins wrote: Sun Sep 04 2022 12:29 -
Just fitted a large sainsburys chicken in ours.

See how it pans out ☺️
Hope you’ve got your thermometer ready :wink: :boing: LP
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

I have…….
It will tell me when the wife’s ready tonight 😂
That Perkins !!! 😂
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

42DF937B-9DB3-430E-8F99-84945FD4A856.jpeg

Looks ok
That Perkins !!! 😂
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Carlperkins wrote: Sun Sep 04 2022 13:34 -
42DF937B-9DB3-430E-8F99-84945FD4A856.jpeg

Looks ok
Which one you got Perky
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

Ninja Dual zone 👍
That Perkins !!! 😂