Looking for those "have to stop here" kinda places

A place to discuss your favourite tipple, bank side fodder, BBQ, smokers and anything else that tickles your taste buds
Mitch
Stickleback
Stickleback

Looking for those "have to stop here" kinda places

Post by Mitch »

FINALLY!
After years of planning and saving, wife and I are flying over to visit Scotland during June. I'm on the lookout for those places that are can't miss spots food/drink wise but might not be as well advertised. We will be traveling all over Scotland during the 13 days but spend most of our time in Edinburgh. Love to eat and drink :) so if you have spots to suggest, i'm all ears!

Cheers!

Mitch
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Looking for those "have to stop here" kinda places

Post by Monts »

This will be one for the Scottish Heston Blumenthal on the forum, chief admin Andrew Croft. What that man can do with a pot noodle and a packet of Wotsits is amazing. Crofty lets be 'aving you. :grin:
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

If you're in Edinburgh, you're not far from one of the country's top steakhouses , the Champany Inn. Its about 20 minutes away on the west side, past the airport.

Another 5 minutes drive in the same direction in to Bo'ness takes you to Scotlands oldest chippy, Corvi's. Its a takeaway or sit down cafe and does a fine fish supper, with smoked haddock, 'broon fish ' to the natives, being a renowned speciality.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
Mitch
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Mitch »

Thank you so much Zodiac! Will most definitely add those to the list!

Our stops include
Portree
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Inverness

Cheers!
Mitch