Pike Pool 5 (Jason Skilton)

An archive of our superb Pike Pool articles
ChristopherH
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Pike Pool 5 (Jason Skilton)

Post by ChristopherH »

The question I originally asked was how many 25lb plus pike you have had Mark. You said 'around ten'. Can you give an exact figure now? And how many have you had in say the last ten years? I still cant remember seeing any of them in your articles, which I usually make a point of reading. It would be nice to see a few pictures of those of the ten that weren't from Ivor's place or that Old West fish.
From SAS to SOS. YNWTL

My Pictures
merlin
Chub
Chub

Post by merlin »

ChristopherH wrote:
The question I originally asked was how many 25lb plus pike you have had Mark. You said 'around ten'. Can you give an exact figure now? And how many have you had in say the last ten years? I still cant remember seeing any of them in your articles, which I usually make a point of reading. It would be nice to see a few pictures of those of the ten that weren't from Ivor's place or that Old West fish.
Not knowing how long ago that one fromthe Old West was I reckon it might just sneak in and would probably be the only one.

And no been too busy.
ChristopherH
Barbel
Barbel

Post by ChristopherH »

You back in gainful employment now then Mark?

The Old West one must be close to twenty years ago surely? Or my memory is becoming seriously jumbled. Image
From SAS to SOS. YNWTL

My Pictures
merlin
Chub
Chub

Post by merlin »

ChristopherH wrote:

The Old West one must be close to twenty years ago surely? Or my memory is becoming seriously jumbled. Image

nah its not that long ago, but i cant remember whether i had that prior to or after the ski piit, i think post that pit, but i wouldnt swear by it, and i dont look 19 in the photo and thats my mates van in the background of the pic. hes 3 years younger than me, he didnt pass his test until he was 18+ and that wasnt his first car!!!

I REALLY have got to start keeping records!!!!!!!!!!Image Image Image Image Image
merlin
Chub
Chub

Post by merlin »

ChristopherH wrote:

not exactly Hammy was in Sussex visiting the Fishing Magic offices and elsewhere
ChristopherH
Barbel
Barbel

Post by ChristopherH »

merlin wrote:
ChristopherH wrote:

not exactly Hammy was in Sussex visiting the Fishing Magic offices and elsewhere
Sorry to hear that Mark. It must be a nightmare trying to find work out there at the moment. Have you anything specific in mind job wise?
From SAS to SOS. YNWTL

My Pictures
merlin
Chub
Chub

Post by merlin »

ChristopherH wrote:
merlin wrote:
ChristopherH wrote:

Sorry to hear that Mark. It must be a nightmare trying to find work out there at the moment. Have you anything specific in mind job wise?

oh its not all bad mate got a lot of freelance work on at the moment. In fact a bit too much!! lol
ChristopherH
Barbel
Barbel

Post by ChristopherH »

merlin wrote:
ChristopherH wrote:
merlin wrote:
ChristopherH wrote:

oh its not all bad mate got a lot of freelance work on at the moment. In fact a bit too much!! lol
Tell me about it! This will probably be the only unfrozen part of the winter and I'm working seven day weeks for the rest of the month. Got one day's leave left and will be on the bank for a day with Andy O in November. Other than that I'll have to wait until the works dies off. In the building trade you have to get it while you can, especially in the winter months.

Glad to hear you've got plenty on. Image
From SAS to SOS. YNWTL

My Pictures
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Pete Foster wrote:
Mark

26 x 20lb plus Pike and ten of them over 25lb

That's some ratio Image

2.6 in comparison to my own of 4.54

Pete

Just worked out mine 4.6, 2.6 is a fantastic ratio!!!!
jay
Chub
Chub

Post by jay »

Alan_dalton wrote:
Pete Foster wrote:
Mark

26 x 20lb plus Pike and ten of them over 25lb

That's some ratio Image

2.6 in comparison to my own of 4.54

Pete

Just worked out mine 4.6, 2.6 is a fantastic ratio!!!!

I was gonna say 2.6 is impossible, not so though

E.T 2.3

Dave horton 3.2

mick brown 3.5

Al rawlings 3.5

mark ackerley 3.5

nige williams 3.7

nev 3.9

B.P 4.8

so mark slots into second place with 2.6 Image
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

looking forward to the photos of these 25lb plus fish must be a few, because hes taking a while to scan them
Andy Page
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Andy Page »

just worked out mine Al = 6.5 Does that mean i'm s**t or that i have had a lot of 20's Image Image
BillCollins
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by BillCollins »

Andy,
It means you've had a lot of low/scraper 20's. Hardly worth landing, in future try and shake 'em off, this might improve your ratio... Image Image Image Image Image
Marcraft are for queers.
Rik W
Chub
Chub

Post by Rik W »

ChristopherH wrote:
I tell you what. OLd Max Clifford is correct in saying that 'any publicity is good publicity'. I think there have been around two hundred more hits since Mark made his initial comments. Image
Perhaps Max doesn't anymore! :oops: :lol:
pete webster
Barbel
Barbel

Post by pete webster »

RikPAC wrote:
ChristopherH wrote:
I tell you what. OLd Max Clifford is correct in saying that 'any publicity is good publicity'. I think there have been around two hundred more hits since Mark made his initial comments. Image
Perhaps Max doesn't anymore! :oops: :lol:
LOL Rik, I bet he is regretting saying that mate.