Rabbit shooting

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Rabbit shooting

Post by Alan_dalton »

After selling my air arms rifle 5 years ago I have just managed to secure some rabbit/rat shooting on a farm so in the market for a new air rifle quite fancy these. Anyone have an opinion on them. £200 more for a 10 shot magazine seems a bit steep!

Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Rabbit shooting

Post by Daniel »

You can pick up a used 410 superlite with all the gear for under 500 if you look around. Single shot rifles are ok but the multishot version does make life easier, a spare magazine or two fully loaded and ready to go does away with a lot of fiddling around trying to reload.

Take a look at the brocock compatto. Its astonishingly good. I'm relatively new to airguns but I had a go with one at the local club and was consistently grouping five shots inside a ten pence piece at 45 yards and 4 out of 5 pellets in the same area at 50 yards!

This guy is a very good shot, heres his review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNCkterQ6YM
Woodchucker
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Woodchucker »

S410 is a cracking gun, in my pest control days I had one realtree dipped and a S510 Xtra High Power on the FAC. Very light weight gun and good shot count from a single charge but I would go for the 10-shot every time. :thumbs:
Perch are scared of wire, dont make me laugh!
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Post by DavyMc »

Aye multi shot for hunting, had the 410 in .22 for the woodies was spot on, then went to the darkside and bought a Bsa r10 177 was best scrap available rite nuff :eek:
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Daniel wrote:
You can pick up a used 410 superlite with all the gear for under 500 if you look around. Single shot rifles are ok but the multishot version does make life easier, a spare magazine or two fully loaded and ready to go does away with a lot of fiddling around trying to reload.

Take a look at the brocock compatto. Its astonishingly good. I'm relatively new to airguns but I had a go with one at the local club and was consistently grouping five shots inside a ten pence piece at 45 yards and 4 out of 5 pellets in the same area at 50 yards!

Where's the beast place to look for second hand air rifles?
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

Alan_dalton wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Most airgun shops will have used rifles. Alternatively just google air rifle for sale in whichever city you live in, sites like freeads and newsnow will come up with loads of options.
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Daniel wrote:
Alan_dalton wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Most airgun shops will have used rifles. Alternatively just google air rifle for sale in whichever city you live in, sites like freeads and newsnow will come up with loads of options.
:thumbs:
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Post by DavyMc »

Alan_dalton wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Alan_dalton wrote:
Daniel wrote:

:thumbs:
Get on here amazing amount of info available and big sales section, you'll need to register and do some many posts. http://www.airgunbbs.com/
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
SHAUN B
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by SHAUN B »

Alan_dalton wrote:
Daniel wrote:

worth a look on here :thumbs:

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Used-Mint-cond ... 0superlite
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY ,TRY AGAIN !!
fenfisher55
Roach
Roach

Post by fenfisher55 »

Go and see Dave Shipman at Whittlesey Gun Shop they have a large selection of new & S/H.
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

fenfisher55 wrote:
Go and see Dave Shipman at Whittlesey Gun Shop they have a large selection of new & S/H.
I got my other air arms off him about 6 years ago from his old shop. I will take a drive over there
philbrown
Perch
Perch

Post by philbrown »

Dave shipman will look after you :thumbs:
fenfisher55
Roach
Roach

Post by fenfisher55 »

See Dave for a deal, Brian less so!!