Policing the forum

Rules of the forum and announcements from the Bailiffs
pearsebolger
Roach
Roach

Policing the forum

Post by pearsebolger »

Could the folks who police this forum please read my last thread thread please ,and tell me if any members have broken any of the forum rules ? Pearse
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Policing the forum

Post by Andrew »

What thread ?
brian donnelly
Chub
Chub

Post by brian donnelly »

Pike as bait??
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.
Mr Bill Shankly.

5 TIMES
pearsebolger
Roach
Roach

Post by pearsebolger »

YES
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Probably but its all over with now by looks of it. Nobody really complained.
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

I love reading Kevs comments when he's getting trolled, he's bloody good at standing up for himself - and it's very entertaining.
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

pearsebolger wrote: Fri Aug 25 2017 19:41 -
Could the folks who police this forum please read my last thread thread please ,and tell me if any members have broken any of the forum rules ? Pearse
Why?
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

jonsykes wrote: Sat Aug 26 2017 12:33 -
I love reading Kevs comments when he's getting trolled, he's bloody good at standing up for himself - and it's very entertaining.
He didnt deny the irish 20 claims though :giggle:
fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 »

Andrew Croft wrote: Sat Aug 26 2017 13:26 -
jonsykes wrote: Sat Aug 26 2017 12:33 -
He didnt deny the irish 20 claims though :giggle:

Troll :laughs: :laughs: :stir: :boing:
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
Mick Cobb
Chub
Chub

Post by Mick Cobb »

Andrew Croft wrote: Sat Aug 26 2017 12:24 -
Yes I have to Ben, awaitng a reply.
Always quietly confident.
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

Mick Cobb wrote: Sat Aug 26 2017 21:59 -
Not sure what you have to complain about. You repeatedly call a man a liar but refuse to back up your claims and now you're crying to Ben because he's had a pop back. You're becoming so pathetic its a joke.
And lets be clear, I don't know Kev, never even met the bloke, so don't be labeling me as a mate of Kevs, I'm just one of many who are hugely p****d off with you taking over thread after thread with your issues.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Daniel wrote: Sun Aug 27 2017 23:03 -
Not sure what you have to complain about. You repeatedly call a man a liar but refuse to back up your claims and now you're crying to Ben because he's had a pop back. You're becoming so pathetic its a joke.
And lets be clear, I don't know Kev, never even met the bloke, so don't be labeling me as a mate of Kevs, I'm just one of many who are hugely p****d off with you taking over thread after thread with your issues.

Thank you for posting this reply, you are saying exactly what I have been thinking.

So nobody complained, well I seriously thought about it believe me.
Why didnt I complain, well I was waiting for the moderators to step-in and sort the problem (because it is a problem) without being asked, that is what happens on all other forums Im on.
All this 'ah you have to put up with it, we are pikers arent we' is just an excuse and not the public face of pike fishing I wish to see.
Anglers who fish for pike are no different from anglers who fish for other species, though there appear to be some members who think because our favourite species has teeth we are have to write in a rough uneducated manner and attack other members for little or no reason.
If a member has a personal problem with another member, either sort it out man2man or put it behind you and enjoy your fishing.
One things for certain, I don't wish to read about it!

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

So many of you want different things its feckin hard keepin you lot happy
Daniel
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Daniel »

Mike J wrote: Mon Aug 28 2017 07:28 -
Daniel wrote: Sun Aug 27 2017 23:03 -

Thank you for posting this reply, you are saying exactly what I have been thinking.

So nobody complained, well I seriously thought about it believe me.
Why didnt I complain, well I was waiting for the moderators to step-in and sort the problem (because it is a problem) without being asked, that is what happens on all other forums Im on.
All this 'ah you have to put up with it, we are pikers arent we' is just an excuse and not the public face of pike fishing I wish to see.
Anglers who fish for pike are no different from anglers who fish for other species, though there appear to be some members who think because our favourite species has teeth we are have to write in a rough uneducated manner and attack other members for little or no reason.
If a member has a personal problem with another member, either sort it out man2man or put it behind you and enjoy your fishing.
One things for certain, I don't wish to read about it!

This isn't any other forum Mike, its the pikers pit and generally people are allowed to say what they think, after all, we're all adults. I don't care a damn what Mick, Kev or anyone else thinks or says, it only pisses me off because its popping up on thread after thread and has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the thread.
There is little in the way of rules, if you're out of order, someone will tell you so.
There is a disclaimer explaining complaints to bailiffs at the top of the non fishing section.

If you don't like what goes on on this forum feel free to bugger off and don't use it, no ones holding a gun to your head and forcing you to stay fella.
Last edited by Daniel on Mon Aug 28 2017 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
pikerholic2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by pikerholic2 »

Andrew Croft wrote: Mon Aug 28 2017 08:58 -
So many of you want different things its feckin hard keepin you lot happy

I love you long time
Crack Hargreaves...........far out of town.

Mr godfrey I post mostly drivel
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

To be honest it pisses me off having the same troll repeatedly attacking me in every thread, whatever I catch and choose to share on here usually has witness/pics etc----but even when confronted with this evidence the troll carries on calling me a liar. I don't like having to continually defend myself against his allegations especially when it means doing so in someone elses thread.
This hasn't just started, he's been sniping behind my back for several years, usually in a cowardly way stirring other people up to say/do something. Sad to say he's had some success doing it---but its not been me that lost anything over it, it was other anglers.
Ive never complained to anyone about his trolling on here, it dosnt bother me, I have only ever asked that a photograph he somehow obtained of me recently fishing and posted on here be removed.
I can hold my own against keyboard warriors such as him and I hope it helps put a smile on your faces. We all like a bit of banter, but this clown isn't partaking in banter, his posts are meant to be malicious and nasty.
I have invited him to come and talk to me face to face on more than one occasion, but I have a sneaky suspicion Al has told him what the outcome will be.
The man is a loser, he must also have some sort of mental problem as he must scour the internet for every bit of info he can find about me and keep it in a file to be dragged up when he thinks he can "unmask" me over something.

He can give it, but he cant take it, instead of repeatedly defending myself I recently went on the attack and he didn't like it----he has now gone running to the police alleging harassment :laughs:

proper man eh!
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

It's a funny old thing this "Trolling?"

(I've always tended to miss too many takes for my liking face)
Andytheammer
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Andytheammer »

Dave Horton wrote: Thu Aug 31 2017 12:58 -

Laughed out loud at that one Dave :laughs:
Andy Sewell
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Dave Horton wrote: Thu Aug 31 2017 12:58 -

I can teach you. Ill be guiding on the non fishing sections after 9pm usually.
ThePikingEcologist
Roach
Roach

Post by ThePikingEcologist »

I find all this arguing very off-putting. I'm not a miserable person and I like banter etc, but bickering isn't of any interest to me at all. I was told that this forum is a good place to learn from some excellent anglers, and there are certainly many of them here. I though it might also be a good place to get in touch with people to go fishing with.

But I've been attacked on here and it puts me right off. I don't feel particularly inclined to contribute because I don't want to engage with somebody who is shooting their mouths-off whilst they feel secure sat behind their computers, and working under the assumption that I am some strange, skinny little geek.

But I respect the desire of others to keep things the way they are if thats how people want to keep it.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

ThePikingEcologist wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 13:38 -
I find all this arguing very off-putting. I'm not a miserable person and I like banter etc, but bickering isn't of any interest to me at all. I was told that this forum is a good place to learn from some excellent anglers, and there are certainly many of them here. I though it might also be a good place to get in touch with people to go fishing with.

But I've been attacked on here and it puts me right off. I don't feel particularly inclined to contribute because I don't want to engage with somebody who is shooting their mouths-off whilst they feel secure sat behind their computers, and working under the assumption that I am some strange, skinny little geek.

But I respect the desire of others to keep things the way they are if thats how people want to keep it.
Personally I like the pit the way it is .
I will agree that one or two people seem to take their personal grievances out on others ,at every available opportunity.
Fortunately those on the receiving end are big and ugly enough to give it back (not saying any particular person is ugly)
Even thou it may seem a bit tedious at times having to answer the comments made.(yet again)

To a newcomer on the pit some of the comments made,may seem harsh or even nasty that is until you get use to the characters
And except that it's not personal.dont forget some members are windup artists and say things to see if anyone bites.
The problem with any forum,and it has been said many times is that certain people will say things while sitting behind their computers
That they would never say in person .( that's life I'm afraid).
On several occasions I have noticed that some of the more senior members have asked people to calm down or lighten up when they have felt that someone was going overboard with a newbie.
The pit is a amazing place,with some amazing people and a few weird ones to.
To those who come on the pit just to insult others due to whatever happened in the past ,all I can say is LIFES TO SHORT (your along time dead)
Regards
Tom :cheers: :handshake:
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

I don't think anyone has the assumption that you are strange and skinny or little.
Geek well that's a different kettle of fish. Lol :laughs:
Lee7499
Chub
Chub

Post by Lee7499 »

Happy Hayes wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 16:00 -

I will agree that one or two people seem to take their personal grievances out on others ,at every available opportunity.
Fortunately those on the receiving end are big and ugly enough to give it back (not saying any particular person is ugly)
Even thou it may seem a bit tedious at times having to answer the comments made.(yet again)

To a newcomer on the pit some of the comments made,may seem harsh or even nasty that is until you get use to the characters
And except that it's not personal.dont forget some members are windup artists and say things to see if anyone bites.
The problem with any forum,and it has been said many times is that certain people will say things while sitting behind their computers
On several occasions I have noticed that some of the more senior members have asked people to calm down or lighten up when they have felt that someone was going overboard with a newbie.
To those who come on the pit just to insult others due to whatever happened in the past ,all I can say is LIFES TO SHORT (your along time dead)
Regards
Couldn't have put it better myself Tom ,that sums the PIT up pretty much spot on . :thumbs:
In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Lee Hall
ThePikingEcologist
Roach
Roach

Regards
Thats fair enough mate...I respect majority decision.
ThePikingEcologist
Roach
Roach

Happy Hayes wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 16:06 -

I don't think anyone has the assumption that you are strange and skinny or little.
Geek well that's a different kettle of fish. Lol :laughs:
I'm very geeky mate. Its the way I was born.
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

I might have the wrong end of a pooey stick,or indeed the wrong person but didn't you get "attacked" for "borrowing" a boat or was that someone else,
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Nige Johns wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 18:48 -

I might have the wrong end of a pooey stick,or indeed the wrong person but didn't you get "attacked" for "borrowing" a boat or was that someone else,
That was cotswold angler
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Andrew Croft wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 19:33 -
Nige Johns wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 18:48 -

That was cotswold angler
Thanks Andrew I wasn't sure which is why I was being polite :thumbs:
mickmcd
Chub
Chub

Post by mickmcd »

ThePikingEcologist wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 18:42 -

FFS don't say that, you'll start the Brexit debate in here as well ...................... :afraid:
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

ThePikingEcologist wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 18:42 -

Regards

ThePikingEcologist said "Thats fair enough mate...I respect majority decision"

Please, no respect, it is only the view of those who post support for it, the view of all 5455 members is largely unknown.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus