4D lures

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
PikeHandle
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Re: 4D lures

Post by PikeHandle »

Have seen people stuffing slices of dead bait down the sides of those plastic lipskulls on the Savage Gear 4 Plays for a while now.
Tried it myself and in coloured, slow moving water- especially the types seen in urban canals- it seems to work.

Once you move to res's, rivers, lakes or none murky canals- the benefits seem to drop off.
Phil Blakey
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Phil Blakey »

PikeHandle wrote: Tue Sep 19 2017 09:17 -
Have seen people stuffing slices of dead bait down the sides of those plastic lipskulls on the Savage Gear 4 Plays for a while now.
Tried it myself and in coloured, slow moving water- especially the types seen in urban canals- it seems to work.

Once you move to res's, rivers, lakes or none murky canals- the benefits seem to drop off.
Very interesting points that you make; i recently fished for a couple of hours with my pal Bob and nothing at all happened.
In desperation on my last peg i put a drop of scent on my lure; i then had 2 pike in a few casts and we headed for home, it was dusk/dark when i had them & the water was coloured.
It could just be luck of the draw...but???
It's something that interests me; I've been experimenting with scents for a while now and will continue to do so.
Phil.
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Change of light levels at dusk which triggered them :shrug:

(Nowt wrong with experimenting though)
fishder
Perch
Perch

Post by fishder »

I have to say the savage gear lures have caught me alot off pike the line through trout and the rattle shads are very good lures .
Phil Blakey
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Phil Blakey »

dannytaylor wrote: Thu Sep 21 2017 14:36 -
Change of light levels at dusk which triggered them :shrug:

(Nowt wrong with experimenting though)
Inclined to agree that's the most likely reason Danny...but?
That's the hardest thing, it's very hard to judge. I know lure anglers who swear by using scent on lures in very cold conditions...but again how do you judge it? It's pretty much impossible.
Phil.
Fenlandesox
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Fenlandesox »

savage are really good, i usually wait until the next big thing comes and buy the old ones cheap. at the moment the mid size line through trouts are on sale at 7 euros here and smalls 5