Tackle Advice Please

If you're a newcomer to Pike & Predator fishing and need advice, you can ask in here
Angler Dangler
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Tackle Advice Please

Post by Angler Dangler »

Hi all,

I'm gonna start making my own traces etc, can you guys recommend what breaking strain and what clip etc are man enough to cover most situations, I'm not talking spinning traces but more deadbait/live Bait traces ....

Thanks in advance
Duncan Holmes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Tackle Advice Please

Post by Duncan Holmes »

I use 30lb nev's titanium, tracelet style, with 1.2mm crimps, 3 x through the crimp. 8mm split ring to connect hooks to trace.

Ball bearing swivel at the top of the trace stays tied on to the braid all the time, I don't find the need to clip on and off traces, just sharpen/ change hooks as required.
"The opinions expressed in any of my posts are my own and do not reflect the view of the any organisation that I may be associated with."
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

I use AFW Surfstrand 40lb wire with size 8 swivel. The hooks I usually Partridge or Owners are size 4's or 6's are tied on using a knotless knot and the swivel is attached by twisting (neat up a 2" tag with a fire lighter and twist using a twiddling stick)

I then use 3mm shrink tube over the top of the hooks and swivel for neatness.

I do tie a Mustard stay lok type connection to the main line, normally use a size 3.
Angler Dangler
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Angler Dangler »

Thanks guys !
Angler Dangler
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Angler Dangler »

And what clips/connectors would you guys advise for spinning/lure traces ... Its the clip/connector that connects the lure to the trace I'm wanting information on please

Thanks
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Size 3 or 4 stay lok snap

Dave Lumb, Eddie Turner and Kev Berry (Forum Sponsors :thumbs: ) on here sells them :grin:
Angler Dangler
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Angler Dangler »

Jason Skilton wrote: Thu Nov 16 2017 08:33 -
Size 3 or 4 stay lok snap

Dave Lumb, Eddie Turner and Kev Berry (Forum Sponsors :thumbs: ) on here sells them :grin:
Super, do any one u sell on eBay ... I will purchase some, if possible drop me a message. Thanks