Kent lads world record

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Post Reply
User avatar
pikerholic2
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 2878
Joined: Wed Apr 02 2014 19:57
Location: Saturn

Kent lads world record

Post by pikerholic2 » Mon Jan 22 2018 14:45

A big up to st Mary's bay angler and a schoolmate mr Dave wood brignall, who yesterday morning caught a WORLD RECORD shore caught halibut in Norway

153 lb caught on beefed up shore gear , but Dave is a class all round angler , but the fish beat him up !

He was with a party from Kent , who in past years have had shore caught cod to 47 lb
IMG_3881.JPG
Crack Hargreaves...........far out of town.


Mr godfrey I post mostly drivel

User avatar
pikerholic2
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 2878
Joined: Wed Apr 02 2014 19:57
Location: Saturn

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by pikerholic2 » Mon Jan 22 2018 16:10

And it's not a photo of a action man holding a dab!
Crack Hargreaves...........far out of town.


Mr godfrey I post mostly drivel

Goooey
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Sep 04 2015 11:32

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by Goooey » Mon Jan 22 2018 16:16

Ace that. Something I will definitely be having a trip for in the future.

User avatar
OLDESOX
Major
Major
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: BELVEDERE

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by OLDESOX » Mon Jan 22 2018 16:46

Goooey wrote:
Ace that. Something I will definitely be having a trip for in the future.
HAS KEPT IT, as he comes from the garden of england plenty of chips down our way lol, one for the bucket list maybe?
retired so time to smell the roses.

User avatar
Andrew Croft
Bailiff
Bailiff
Posts: 12229
Joined: Wed Nov 02 2011 05:00
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by Andrew Croft » Mon Jan 22 2018 16:51

pikerholic2 wrote:
And it's not a photo of a action man holding a dab!
It kinda does look that way :giggle:

Top stuff :thumbs:
Let me ask you one question. Is your money that good. Will it buy you forgiveness. Do you think that it could. I think you will find When your death takes its toll All the money you made Will never buy back your soul.

User avatar
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Posts: 21387
Joined: Sat Aug 27 2011 05:00
Location: On some faraway beach
Contact:

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by davelumb » Mon Jan 22 2018 17:11

:thumbs:

You'd need a helluva dropnet for one of those off a pier!

Will Smith
Major
Major
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sun Aug 28 2011 05:00
Location: Snods Edge, Northumberland

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by Will Smith » Mon Jan 22 2018 19:05

Wow, thats something you don't see every day, top hole angling what, what !

Will.

nigel savage
Major
Major
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sat Sep 03 2011 05:00
Location: Rutland

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by nigel savage » Wed Jan 24 2018 11:53

You need a chainsaw to fillet that!! angler that i know from the north east goes over there for the Cod, unbeleiveible fishing but very precarious off the shoreline, litterally a shear drop below.

User avatar
Effects
Private
Private
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 03 2018 23:24

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by Effects » Wed Jan 24 2018 21:59

That is definitely good enough for Jehovah!

User avatar
Mike J
Major
Major
Posts: 2494
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by Mike J » Mon Jan 29 2018 09:53

Superb effort indeed.
One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch and the only species where shooting before landing is permitted for record claims.

Doubt it will be beaten for many a year.
Best wishes for his recovery.

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 7099
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Mon Jan 29 2018 09:57

Mike J wrote:
Superb effort indeed.
One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch and the only species where shooting before landing is permitted for record claims.

Doubt it will be beaten for many a year.
Best wishes for his recovery.
"One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch"

Why is that Mike?

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

User avatar
Mike J
Major
Major
Posts: 2494
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by Mike J » Mon Jan 29 2018 10:05

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Superb effort indeed.
One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch and the only species where shooting before landing is permitted for record claims.

Doubt it will be beaten for many a year.
Best wishes for his recovery.
"One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch"

Why is that Mike?

Cheers Alan


They leap around and their tail can reach over and hit their head.
Impossible to pin down to the deck if they are anything large and they grow to over 400lbs.
From memory a record must be fought to the surface before the reducer (.410 through the head) can be applied.

They are absolutely delicious!

cookiesdaughtersdad
Brigadier
Brigadier
Posts: 7099
Joined: Tue Nov 06 2012 06:00
Location: Cambs

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad » Mon Jan 29 2018 10:15

Mike J wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Superb effort indeed.
One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch and the only species where shooting before landing is permitted for record claims.

Doubt it will be beaten for many a year.
Best wishes for his recovery.
"One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch"

Why is that Mike?

Cheers Alan


They leap around and their tail can reach over and hit their head.
Impossible to pin down to the deck if they are anything large and they grow to over 400lbs.
From memory a record must be fought to the surface before the reducer (.410 through the head) can be applied.

They are absolutely delicious!
Some of these big fish with hard bony heads can definitely stick the nut in, Mike and I have eaten them and yes it was great :thumbs:

Cheers Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.

User avatar
Mike J
Major
Major
Posts: 2494
Joined: Wed Nov 09 2016 09:26
Location: Wessex

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by Mike J » Mon Jan 29 2018 10:30

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Mike J wrote:
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Superb effort indeed.
One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch and the only species where shooting before landing is permitted for record claims.

Doubt it will be beaten for many a year.
Best wishes for his recovery.
"One of the most dangerous fish for an angler to catch"

Why is that Mike?

Cheers Alan


They leap around and their tail can reach over and hit their head.
Impossible to pin down to the deck if they are anything large and they grow to over 400lbs.
From memory a record must be fought to the surface before the reducer (.410 through the head) can be applied.

They are absolutely delicious!
Some of these big fish with hard bony heads can definitely stick the nut in, Mike and I have eaten them and yes it was great :thumbs:

Cheers Alan


Not just big fish that have hard heads,
On my first (trout) fishery I culled pike using a .22 rifle and had a solid bullet go in a 7lbs head and exit sideways halfway along its body, and that was aiming straight down!
Thereafter I used the owners Lee Enfield.

owen k
Major
Major
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Oct 06 2011 05:00
Location: Ireland

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by owen k » Mon Jan 29 2018 22:44

Effects wrote:
That is definitely good enough for Jehovah!
:laughs: :clap:

piker60
Colonel
Colonel
Posts: 2848
Joined: Sun Nov 18 2012 06:00

Re: Kent lads world record

Post by piker60 » Sat Mar 03 2018 13:01

A great catch from the shore. Yes Halibut can be dangerous, very strong, and a tail whip that can break a mans leg.
"The best argument against democracy, is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter"
W.Churchill

Post Reply