Newby to fishing Pike in Hampshire

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Kev69
Stickleback
Stickleback

Newby to fishing Pike in Hampshire

Post by Kev69 »

Hi all , I wanted to pop in here and say hello before going on the site properly and hoping to meet new fishing buddies in the future .based in the New forest . Last time I fished for Pike was back home in Scotland many years ago before ever knowing about Braid ! We used to call it line / gut / mono ... things have changed massively and for the better I think .. so I’ve started purchasing new gear up to date and hopefully get out on the water again in next few weeks . Initially I’ll be looking at just getting day permits until
I can get a membership with Ringwood district fishing club . Please feel free to say hi as any advice on gear, lures , good spots to fish etc .. would be very much appreciated..
And hopefully get switched onto the local scene ..

Thank you all and have a great weekend ahead fishing ..
Kev
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Newby to fishing Pike in Hampshire

Post by Happy Hayes »

Hello Kev :wave:
Welcome to the pit :handshake:
Plenty of advice on the pit and a good bunch of guys too .
Can't see them giving up their good swims though,not yet anyway.
Have you thought about joining your local branch of the P A C
You may get lucky and find some of the locals putting you on the right track.
all the best and tight lines.
Tom
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Welcome aboard. :handshake:
Im local to you, I can give you much info when you have enough posts that enable you receive Private Messages (check the rules to confirm)

From all accounts there are far more lurkers viewing this forum than signed up PP members so Im reluctant to pass our info for them to abuse.

My experiences;
Ringwood is a well run club with some interesting waters and worth joining as long as you remember to renew on time.
Christchurch is fair to middling in its management and not a club I would pay to join.
Be aware both clubs have an open door day ticket option which is often used (abused some would say) by summer visitors/holidaymakers meaning the easily accessable areas can get hammered by lure chuckers, also the lists concerning species size in either club books is way out of date.
The Royalty can provide an interesting day if you bear in mind it is often fished by very experienced anglers and has Salmon restrictions.
Days may available on the Stour, a very well managed fishery and one which provides some of the very best fishing in the region.

Our added advantage is the coast which can provide some pleasant summer interludes when the Bass and Mackerel are around :cool:

Hope this helps.

:thumbs:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Kev69
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Kev69 »

Hey Fellas thank you very much for saying hello ! Really appreciate that .. Have a good one guys ..

Kev
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

Hello Kev, you behave yourself on here mind :laughs: :laughs: :thumbs: .

Will
Lovetruck
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Lovetruck »

Hello Kev

RO of the Southampton & Solent branch here.

We have a meeting next Wednesday, Hedge End. We don’t have a speaker this week but are planning a night with members showing how they fish and what setup they use.

Personally my pike fishing Is drawing to a close this season but will be hoping to get a few times before April though. You are more than local to tag along if possible.

Beal_andy@hotmail.com is my email

Cheers

Andy
Andrew quinn
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Andrew quinn »

Hello.... theres an old boy on here called del who might buy your old gut if you still have it.... rekon he might swap some braid for it if you ask nicely.....
Regards..

Andrew.... :fu: