Tinca time?

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Fish on....
Perch
Perch

Re: Tinca time?

Post by Fish on.... »

She went 8.8lb. A new pb, chuffed with it and pleased to of hopefully found some tench on my new water
Actually know as Danny..
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

Bank holiday weekend so I’m on for 24hr, and I managed to get a good swim so pleased with that!got this bream about 7lb an hour ago,just hope there’s a few tench knocking about,fishing till 10am tomorrow so fingers crossed
bencarvosso
Chub
Chub

Post by bencarvosso »

8lb8oz would be the official irish record although there have been a few caught bigger that havent been claimed
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com
AndyLarkins
Perch
Perch

Post by AndyLarkins »

Bit of a slow start to the Tench season, what with all the topsy-turvy weather of late, but more than happy with this one from last week....

9lb-10oz :cool:
Tench 9lb-10oz 22nd May 2018.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image http://www.canterburypac.blogspot.com
"C'MON!.. Ya like a fat girl in red shoes" Andy Brown 2015
Fish on....
Perch
Perch

Post by Fish on.... »

That’s a beauty! Good Angling.

Has anyone fished for tench in deep water? There’s an area of one of the lakes I’m currently fishing that goes down to 18’-20 feet, but it looks lovely; a nice gentle-ish slope which is covered in weed, on the end of a spit. Feels ideal but I’ve never fished for tench in deeper water.
Actually know as Danny..
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

My syndi' averages 14' and goes down to over 30'. I was catching them in 8 foot of water, on the slope, a rod length or two out at the weekend.
Paddy_R
Chub
Chub

Post by Paddy_R »

The fish in my earlier pic was caught in about 10ft, on the slope.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Deepest ive had them at is 11ft.
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

Andrew Croft wrote: Thu May 31 2018 22:30 -
Deepest ive had them at is 11ft.
Deepest I’ve had them is probably about 8ft,
I fish a deep pit with depths down to 40ft but only get tench in the margins or on top of the bars
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Bit late in the season for a big fat female but with temperatures dropping this evening I fancied a quick session on my local pit and had this 7 pound p.b.male ,lovely dark fish and fought very hard, spent a good time in the net recovering and told several of his mates to come see me, turned into a cracking session with several other nice fish😀have I missed the boat for a nine plusser this year I wonder though...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Nice one Si :thumbs:
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Cheers tom👍hard knowing what to fish for at the moment, had a couple of poor sea sessions so thought I would go back to what I know👍have you had that cat yet?
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

suffolk si wrote: Tue Aug 07 2018 22:51 -
Cheers tom👍hard knowing what to fish for at the moment, had a couple of poor sea sessions so thought I would go back to what I know👍have you had that cat yet?
No Si
I’m still persevering on my bogey water ,still blanking.
Haven’t fished for a few weeks due to the weather and I’ve just arrived home from a holiday with the wife .
I may take a drive to the lake on Thursday just to have a nose.
I must admit I’m starting to ask myself,what am I doing wrong,
Even the owner is starting to take the p**s ( sill hoping he’ll let me do a night )
Went to different water about two months back lost a good cat then foul hooked one about 30 lb (typical)
Released it in the water didn’t weigh it ,to busy kicking myself.
If my rigs are working on one in theory,they should be working on the bogey water .
Where this water has them to a ton I’ve beefed the end tackle up ,as in big hooks,heavy hook length etc
Which took some getting use to ( visually ) but as you know they’ve got mouths on them like buckets hence they shouldn’t notice a large hook
I’m sure when it happens, and it will ( so I keep telling myself ) I’ll forget all these blanks
If it doesn’t happen this year there’s always next , after all I’ve been waiting for my first twenty pound pike for donkeys years .
Roll on winter.
Regards
Tom :shake:
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Got the tincas going well a couple of evenings ago with some nice fish over seven coming my way so i thought I would return in the morning, unfortunately I didn't equate for the thunder storms and didn't take the brolly,thus i got soaked, luckily I had waterproofs in the truck, so decided to fish through them. Weather slowed the tench down but did get this roach at two pound four and a nice plated mirror that gave a good scrap.nothing massive but a very nice 24 hours fishing
Cod
Perch
Perch

Post by Cod »

:thumbs: Well done Si, good mixed bag there, what a Roach :thumbs:

Looks like I will be over your neck of the woods a fair bit this winter, my son will be playing football for Kirkley and Pakefield.

(Taxi driver face)
Learning is a gift.
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Cheers Paul,That's my old stomping ground when I was young , until I got fat lol and started rugby 👍I know a couple of coaches there plus my mates boys play there, if you fancy wetting a line and catching a few jacks this winter give me a yell👍
Cod
Perch
Perch

Post by Cod »

His coach is called Simon :laughs: not you mind : laughs:

I loved fishing the Waveney, few years ago now. I have my winter Pike fishing mapped out, unfortunately the Waveney isn't on the radar, should I fancy a change of venue one day I will bear your offer in mind :thumbs:

Good luck with your campaign, personally I am really looking forward to it, I have a couple of challenges lined up in :narfuk:

Tight lines PB
Learning is a gift.
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

👍👍👍👍, enjoy the bar at the footy club, if there is any parents being raucous in there they are probably my buddies😂👍