Ridge monkey customer service

Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Ridge monkey customer service

Post by Alan_dalton »

Broke the handle on my large Ridge monkey fishing this weekend, Ridge monkey sent me a new pair free of charge. Great customer service :thumbs:
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Ridge monkey customer service

Post by Jimk2 »

A mate of mine took his back to fishing republic as it was corroded, they called ridge monkey who said replace it. Not bad.
Mine is still going strong since I bought it when they first came out, Don't even think I've cleaned it.
gus666
Zander
Zander
Location: Auld Ayr, wham ne'er a toon surpasses, For Honest Men and bonnie lassies...

Post by gus666 »

Jimk2 wrote: Wed May 23 2018 14:29 -
A mate of mine took his back to fishing republic as it was corroded, they called ridge monkey who said replace it. Not bad.
Mine is still going strong since I bought it when they first came out, Don't even think I've cleaned it.
Kinda funny that Jim, it gets a lot of use and yet just sorta wipes clean! I noticed it but thought I was just lucky, but it seems to be the way they're built.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Keep meaning to try these things. A toastie on a foggy frosty morning sounds brilliant :smile:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

a chicago town pizza :lol:
fergie68
Barbel
Barbel

Post by fergie68 »

I'm so glad I got one. What a difference to my fishing days now. Bells wee scotch pies with a bit of sauce and a cuppa.
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
Jimk2
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Jimk2 »

Turns a soggy Aldi pasty into a gourmet meal............
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

I get the microwave currys and do them in the ridge monkey with dividers and have samosas and onion bhaji aswell. Bob on :thumbs:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

I've made a couple of omelettes in mine (cheaper NGT version) the last couple of days, best omelette ever :thumbs:

And that was at home!!
David.F.Scobie
Perch
Perch

Post by David.F.Scobie »

I quite like Ridgemonkey they seem to be anglers making stuff for anglers not one of these companies who sees £££ over the customer.

I picked up one of the original toasty maker things and I still have it, it's great it does toasties, pasties, pies basically if you can fit the food in it then it will cook it those rustler ready burgers your meant to microwave for a few mins work a treat in the Ridgemonkey. My only fault was it's a tippy bugger unless critically balanced on the Coleman stove it tips over.

However this problem was listened to by Ridgemonkey and they have a new model that has magnetic detachable handles and it is less likely to tip over there's also the multi section pan that different things can be cooked in which is another winner , I picked up a new XL one with the detachable handles so my bankside buster sandwich can be bigger hahaha.

Oh before anyone asks the bank side buster

1. Get yourself a Garlic Nann bread cut it in half, put first half in the Ridgemonkey.
2. Take some hot sauce, bbq sauce, mango chutney, mayo basically a sauce of your choice I enjoy the Red’s Devil BBQ sauce (https://truebarbecue.com/uncategorised/reds-sauces/ ). Put sauce on your Nann spread it out.
3. Put some pre cooked chicken on, Asda does a tandoori chicken mini fillet box in the cold section this does two sandwiches or one monster sandwich.
4. Put cheese slices over the chicken.
5. Put pre cooked bacon over the cheese.
6. Squirt sauce on bacon and spread over the sandwich.
7. Add the other half of the Nann bread then close Ridgemonkey and cook until warmed through.

Your left with a nice garlicy crispy Nann sandwich with sweet bbq and tandoori bacony flavours it's a manwich and it takes your hunger and batters it mercilessly into submission, this is also excellent for battering hangovers into submission too.
Through adversity to the stars

YouTube Channel:-
https://www.youtube.com/c/DavidScobie

David Scobie Angling Adventures:-https://www.facebook.com/DFSAngling/
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Metalscobes666 wrote: Wed Aug 08 2018 16:48 -
I quite like Ridgemonkey they seem to be anglers making stuff for anglers not one of these companies who sees £££ over the customer.

I picked up one of the original toasty maker things and I still have it, it's great it does toasties, pasties, pies basically if you can fit the food in it then it will cook it those rustler ready burgers your meant to microwave for a few mins work a treat in the Ridgemonkey. My only fault was it's a tippy bugger unless critically balanced on the Coleman stove it tips over.

However this problem was listened to by Ridgemonkey and they have a new model that has magnetic detachable handles and it is less likely to tip over there's also the multi section pan that different things can be cooked in which is another winner , I picked up a new XL one with the detachable handles so my bankside buster sandwich can be bigger hahaha.

Oh before anyone asks the bank side buster

1. Get yourself a Garlic Nann bread cut it in half, put first half in the Ridgemonkey.
2. Take some hot sauce, bbq sauce, mango chutney, mayo basically a sauce of your choice I enjoy the Red’s Devil BBQ sauce (https://truebarbecue.com/uncategorised/reds-sauces/ ). Put sauce on your Nann spread it out.
3. Put some pre cooked chicken on, Asda does a tandoori chicken mini fillet box in the cold section this does two sandwiches or one monster sandwich.
4. Put cheese slices over the chicken.
5. Put pre cooked bacon over the cheese.
6. Squirt sauce on bacon and spread over the sandwich.
7. Add the other half of the Nann bread then close Ridgemonkey and cook until warmed through.

Your left with a nice garlicy crispy Nann sandwich with sweet bbq and tandoori bacony flavours it's a manwich and it takes your hunger and batters it mercilessly into submission, this is also excellent for battering hangovers into submission too.
That’s sound like a real artery blocker,but really tasty :thumbs:
David.F.Scobie
Perch
Perch

Post by David.F.Scobie »

Nige Johns wrote: Wed Aug 08 2018 17:58 -

It's just the job for those depressing days when the pike aren't playing ball and your sat there froze.

You'd be amazed how much a good hot meal and drink cheers a man up on a cold slow day hahaha

I have made some good things in the ridgemonkey you want to try eggy bread, bacon, egg & black pudding sandwich it's just a wee bit epic

Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Metalscobes666 wrote: Wed Aug 08 2018 22:22 -
Nige Johns wrote: Wed Aug 08 2018 17:58 -

It's just the job for those depressing days when the pike aren't playing ball and your sat there froze.

You'd be amazed how much a good hot meal and drink cheers a man up on a cold slow day hahaha

I have made some good things in the ridgemonkey you want to try eggy bread, bacon, egg & black pudding sandwich it's just a wee bit epic
It does sound good,perhaps we should have a food section in winter months so you can post a video of what people are cooking ?
David.F.Scobie
Perch
Perch

Post by David.F.Scobie »

Nige Johns wrote: Thu Aug 09 2018 16:53 -
It does sound good,perhaps we should have a food section in winter months so you can post a video of what people are cooking ?
I thought it would be a good thread to start so I started one on the non fishing bit, called Bankside Cooking.

Mercman
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mercman »

Surprised you have time to put your dead bait on the hook with all that artistic culinary stuff going on mate.. :grin: :thumbs:
Ray Waker