Meadow browns

For the Twitchers amongst us
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Meadow browns

Post by John Milford »

I know they're one of the commonest British butterflies, but it's teeming everywhere with them round here at the moment. I can't recall ever seeing so many before.

Perhaps I just wasn't looking? :shrug:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
Freako
Chub
Chub

Re: Meadow browns

Post by Freako »

John Milford wrote: Tue Jun 26 2018 15:42 -
I know they're one of the commonest British butterflies, but it's teeming everywhere with them round here at the moment. I can't recall ever seeing so many before.

Perhaps I just wasn't looking? :shrug:
Don't knock it John, not too many around my way as yet.
Mick.
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

Not much arable farming around Belper, mostly cattle & sheep grazing. I suppose the plus side of that is little or no pesticides :thumbs:

I do worry about the lack of bees though. Nowhere near as many evident compred to previous years. :shrug:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Post by martin godliman »

A pretty and small butterfly caught my eye in the garden recently when I googled it...turned out it was cutely named the... 'mint moth'....literally lays it eggs on and their caterpillars eat mint.
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

martin godliman wrote: Wed Jun 27 2018 08:13 -
A pretty and small butterfly caught my eye in the garden recently when I googled it...turned out it was cutely named the... 'mint moth'....literally lays it eggs on and their caterpillars eat mint.
The caterpillars with the freshest breath in the whole of the insect world! :laughs:
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Post by martin godliman »

John Milford wrote: Wed Jun 27 2018 10:59 -
martin godliman wrote: Wed Jun 27 2018 08:13 -
The caterpillars with the freshest breath in the whole of the insect world! :laughs:
:smile:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.