My Shed

Whatever you create or fettle in your respective Man Cave you can discuss here
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for sensible people to discuss ideas and display things they've designed, created or fixed, it is not for people to talk about filth, religion or politics!
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Re: My Shed

Post by martin godliman »

davelumb wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 22:54 -
martin godliman wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 22:49 -
davelumb wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 20:19 -
Goole? Try out Selby way. :wink:
Selby is okay but basically the same neck of the woods as Goole and a long long way from my manor.
And it's in Y*rksh*r* :eek:
It's all't'same oop norff of Watford innit ? :clown:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

martin godliman wrote: Fri Aug 17 2018 10:30 -
Selby is okay but basically the same neck of the woods as Goole and a long long way from my manor.
You mean all t'same south o' t'Mersey.
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

davelumb wrote: Fri Aug 17 2018 10:42 -
martin godliman wrote: Fri Aug 17 2018 10:30 -
You mean all t'same south o' t'Mersey.
It's nice to be regionilist :grin:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

martin godliman wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 10:01 -
Crackoff wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 09:23 -
martin godliman wrote: Thu Aug 16 2018 09:12 -
I must spend three quarters on my life in my workshop either working obviously and my computer is there and I watch TV there when my wife is watching soaps etc indoors, it's my cosy little bolt hole. What you can see is an extension to the garage where I originaly used to work but when I got the boat I needed to build on this extra space to work in it's about nine by nine feet.

My wife who is borderline disabled would like to move and downsize but I can't face the task of doing it all though I have to admit keeping the three bedroom house and big garden going is beyond me now. I think I prefer to go (further) into decline where I am....lazy git.
My wife who is borderline disabled would like to move and downsize but I can't face the task of doing it all though I have to admit keeping the three bedroom house and big garden going is beyond me now. I think I prefer to go (further) into decline

That says it all Martin mate :wink:

Do it now before it's too late :wink: take the first step and just have a look around :thumbs:

Grant :smile:
I see you've edit out the 'where I am bit' :smile:

You're not the first to say that kind of thing about doing it 'before it's too late' ...but too late for what exactly ?
We have a three bedroom house in a London suburb we have now equity release type of deal so I'm not paying a mortgage any more we still own most of the value of the house and I've got bits and pieces of private pension and the old age pension but I still need to work...a bit, we do okay. My daughter and son own their houses and have kids and live in London nearby-ish so I don't have to worry about leaving them anything.

In principle I'm not dead against doing it but where would I go ? I don't want to move anywhere far enough away to retain enough equity that makes it worth it. flats and bungalows are no cheaper (and bungalows practically don't exist round here) than our three bedroom house. Even my wife doesn't know where now and she used to go on about it all the time, I would lose my workshop and easy access to work.

I've been through it in my mind of course Grant and shabby decline maybe doesn't seem ideal to some but I've grown to like it lately. No doubt mine or my wife's health will crash one day and who ever's left will have to pick up the pieces.
If I were forced to live in a shiny pokey little flat with Emmerdale going on within earshot I might have to blow my brains out :grin:

I need my bolt hole, I have to consider my psychological well being :grin: but thanks any way Grant :thumbs:
You're not the first to say that kind of thing about doing it 'before it's too late' ...but too late for what exactly ?

Martin I ment before you get too old and frail to cope with the move mate :thumbs:

It's a hard one and it depends where you live as some bungalows can cost as much as a 3 bed house :eek:

Cheers Martin

Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this
I know your tired fed up and close to braking
But theres strength within you even when you feel week
You've come too far to give up now
Stay strong and keep fighting
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Crackoff wrote: Sat Aug 18 2018 10:01 -
I must spend three quarters on my life in my workshop either working obviously and my computer is there and I watch TV there when my wife is watching soaps etc indoors, it's my cosy little bolt hole. What you can see is an extension to the garage where I originaly used to work but when I got the boat I needed to build on this extra space to work in it's about nine by nine feet.

My wife who is borderline disabled would like to move and downsize but I can't face the task of doing it all though I have to admit keeping the three bedroom house and big garden going is beyond me now. I think I prefer to go (further) into decline where I am....lazy git.
My wife who is borderline disabled would like to move and downsize but I can't face the task of doing it all though I have to admit keeping the three bedroom house and big garden going is beyond me now. I think I prefer to go (further) into decline

Do it now before it's too late :wink: take the first step and just have a look around :thumbs:

We have a three bedroom house in a London suburb we have now equity release type of deal so I'm not paying a mortgage any more we still own most of the value of the house and I've got bits and pieces of private pension and the old age pension but I still need to work...a bit, we do okay. My daughter and son own their houses and have kids and live in London nearby-ish so I don't have to worry about leaving them anything.

In principle I'm not dead against doing it but where would I go ? I don't want to move anywhere far enough away to retain enough equity that makes it worth it. flats and bungalows are no cheaper (and bungalows practically don't exist round here) than our three bedroom house. Even my wife doesn't know where now and she used to go on about it all the time, I would lose my workshop and easy access to work.

I've been through it in my mind of course Grant and shabby decline maybe doesn't seem ideal to some but I've grown to like it lately. No doubt mine or my wife's health will crash one day and who ever's left will have to pick up the pieces.
If I were forced to live in a shiny pokey little flat with Emmerdale going on within earshot I might have to blow my brains out :grin:

I need my bolt hole, I have to consider my psychological well being :grin: but thanks any way Grant :thumbs:

Martin I ment before you get too old and frail to cope with the move mate :thumbs:

It's a hard one and it depends where you live as some bungalows can cost as much as a 3 bed house :eek:

Cheers Martin

I see your point grant...my wife has wanted to move for ages...my children have also been on to me, but I always say the same 'model it' financially if you can but they can't really to be of any benefit.
My son and daughter both say 'come and live near us' but they both now live in more expensive areas of London than I do Hampton and West Norwood (I live in Greenford west London) maybe we could get little flat for the same(ish) money but then I couldn't work ?...or have my workshop/bolt hole. Like I say I don't want to move out and away to some other part of the country I don't identify with just to have £200K in the bank to spend on what ? and I don't want to be miles away from my children and grandchildren, not now.
Ironically in spite of the fact I work part-ish time and have bits of pension and don't pay a mortgage I've got more disposable income I've ever had...crazy.
I will get (more) frail and my wife certainly but that's gonna happen anyway nobody dodges it.

As I said right at the beginning I'm not dead against it in principle but it has to look more attractive than the life I have where I am now, I confess the idea of the effort required to move really daunts me.

Thanks anyway Grant I'm always open to suggestions :thumbs:....my boat and trailer could do with bit of work :smile:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

martin godliman wrote: Sat Aug 18 2018 11:13 -

Cheers Martin

I see your point grant...my wife has wanted to move for ages...my children have also been on to me, but I always say the same 'model it' financially if you can but they can't really to be of any benefit.
My son and daughter both say 'come and live near us' but they both now live in more expensive areas of London than I do Hampton and West Norwood (I live in Greenford west London) maybe we could get little flat for the same(ish) money but then I couldn't work ?...or have my workshop/bolt hole. Like I say I don't want to move out and away to some other part of the country I don't identify with just to have £200K in the bank to spend on what ? and I don't want to be miles away from my children and grandchildren, not now.
Ironically in spite of the fact I work part-ish time and have bits of pension and don't pay a mortgage I've got more disposable income I've ever had...crazy.
I will get (more) frail and my wife certainly but that's gonna happen anyway nobody dodges it.

As I said right at the beginning I'm not dead against it in principle but it has to look more attractive than the life I have where I am now, I confess the idea of the effort required to move really daunts me.

Thanks anyway Grant I'm always open to suggestions :thumbs:....my boat and trailer could do with bit of work :smile:
Its all about compromise my new home has a bigger garage than my last house but not as much parking/work space so I cannot get as meany boats to work on and the neighbours are closer (boy do I detest neighbours always want to know what you'r doing and hold me up by chatting lol) you need to get on with the work on your boat and trailer the Pike season is only a few weeks away :laughs:

Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Hang on a mo I see Mr :rasp: has not made a silly comment about my shed :eek:

Is Kev not well or something or is he just in awe of my shed :laughs: :lol:

Grant :worthy: :wink:

martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Crackoff wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 10:29 -
martin godliman wrote: Sat Aug 18 2018 11:13 -

Cheers Martin

Its all about compromise my new home has a bigger garage than my last house but not as much parking/work space so I cannot get as meany boats to work on and the neighbours are closer (boy do I detest neighbours always want to know what you'r doing and hold me up by chatting lol) you need to get on with the work on your boat and trailer the Pike season is only a few weeks away :laughs:

Indeed compromises Grant, nobody asks me what I'm doing when they see violin and cello cases coming in and out, they don't know what to say !!
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

:lol: Do you have a wide brim black hat, cigar and spats :shoot: :laughs:

Grant :wink:

martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Crackoff wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 12:20 -
:lol: Do you have a wide brim black hat, cigar and spats :shoot: :laughs:

Grant :wink:
...and a car with running boards :smile:
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Jack Hargreaves would be proud of that little lot on the back wall Martin.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
jack
Perch
Perch

Post by jack »

My bungalow in Shaw is a 3 bedroom house. Interested in what Nige was asking Grant, about your electric barrow project. Will need something similar soon, it would break my heart to pay £750 for one!
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Monts wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 12:56 -

One or two of those tools were my grandfathers Jason.
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

martin godliman wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 14:34 -

I love old things passed down through the family. This Lucky Shillelagh is older than me. My old man's aunt and uncle used to put there betting slips under it. When they passed away my old man did also.
_20180819_144446.JPG
I've asked for years for it until my old man finally relented. It's old and faded as is worth sweet FA. But to me it's superb. My betting slips sit under it also when I fancy a bet. :thumbs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

I bet that’s seen some skull and hair
That Perkins !!! 😂
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Carlperkins wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 15:02 -
I bet that’s seen some skull and hair
:laughs:

Yeah when we have done our b******s again on the 'orses and :hammer:
Carlperkins
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Carlperkins »

😂👍
That Perkins !!! 😂
martin godliman
Zander
Zander

Monts wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 14:56 -
martin godliman wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 14:34 -

I love old things passed down through the family. This Lucky Shillelagh is older than me. My old man's aunt and uncle used to put there betting slips under it. When they passed away my old man did also.

_20180819_144446.JPG

I've asked for years for it until my old man finally relented. It's old and faded as is worth sweet FA. But to me it's superb. My betting slips sit under it also when I fancy a bet. :thumbs:
My other granddad who was the first one to take me fishing caught the local Gunnersbury park pond monster pike about 14lb in those days of course they took them home and I presume ate it ! He preserved the skull varnished it and put eyes in it and it was on my grandparents mantelpiece throughout my childhood, I coveted that thing. Eventually it was given to me long after he died I was about 14 years old I think and I lost it on the train coming home, I was heartbroken :sad:

I did make a halfhearted attempt to see if it had ended up in lost property but imagine asking if a preserved fishes head had been handed in ? :roll: :red:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

jack wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 14:09 -
My bungalow in Shaw is a 3 bedroom house. Interested in what Nige was asking Grant, about your electric barrow project. Will need something similar soon, it would break my heart to pay £750 for one!
Interested in what Nige was asking Grant, about your electric barrow project. Will need something similar soon, it would break my heart to pay £750 for one!

Jack I have one of these and was thinking of converting it to electric but I think it will cost too much :scratch:
s-l1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jack
Perch
Perch

Post by jack »

Ok, cheers.
Matty
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Matty »

Here you go Grant :boing:

Crackoff wrote: Sun Aug 19 2018 16:42 -
Interested in what Nige was asking Grant, about your electric barrow project. Will need something similar soon, it would break my heart to pay £750 for one!

Jack I have one of these and was thinking of converting it to electric but I think it will cost too much :scratch:

s-l1600.jpg

Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Now that’s what you call a barrow :laughs:
Nige Johns
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Nige Johns »

Jack I use an electric golf trolley which I did some modifications to,the only think I have to carry now is my rucksack,I did post a topic about it in the ‘shed’ section.if you can’t find the pics or want any info let me know 👍
jack
Perch
Perch

Post by jack »

Thanks Nige.
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Just got this :thumbs:
fullsizeoutput_5c4.jpeg
And I will be turning it in to this :wink:
Picture114_zps0f538d80.jpg

Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Crackoff wrote: Tue Oct 02 2018 13:13 -
Just got this :thumbs:

fullsizeoutput_5c4.jpeg

And I will be turning it in to this :wink:

Picture114_zps0f538d80.jpg

You must be bonkers lugging all that stuff to the bank.
Just how much time do you waste packing it all on at home or when you arrive, then unpacking it on the bank, then packing it all up again, then.....oh jeeezzz even thinking about all that would turn me grey.
But obviously your a one place for the day type of guy and how I do love your sort, leaving everything else to me.

:handshake:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Just how much time do you waste packing it all on at home or when you arrive, then unpacking it on the bank, then packing it all up again, then.....oh jeeezzz even thinking about all that would turn me grey.
But obviously your a one place for the day type of guy and how I do love your sort, leaving everything else to me.

There you go assuming again Mike :roll:

All that stuff is for a 3 to 4 day sesh it is a bace camp for Carp and Cats but during the day I go stalking and only back to at bace at night :wink:

I only unpack it at the swim at home it moves down a ramp with all the gear on straight into the garage the only thing I remove is any bate buckets :thumbs:

In the winter I use this
fullsizeoutput_400.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_47b.jpeg

Or this
fullsizeoutput_1c0.jpeg

Cheers Mike

davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Crackoff wrote: Fri Oct 05 2018 08:48 -

All that stuff is for a 3 to 4 day sesh it is a bace camp for Carp and Cats but during the day I go stalking and only back to at bace at night :wink:

I only unpack it at the swim at home it moves down a ramp with all the gear on straight into the garage the only thing I remove is any bate buckets :thumbs:

In the winter I use this
fullsizeoutput_400.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_47b.jpeg

Or this
fullsizeoutput_1c0.jpeg

Cheers Mike

Like the flag. :cool: :thumbs:
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

davelumb wrote: Fri Oct 05 2018 09:12 -
Crackoff wrote: Fri Oct 05 2018 08:48 -

In the winter I use this

fullsizeoutput_400.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_47b.jpeg

Or this

fullsizeoutput_1c0.jpeg

Cheers Mike

Like the flag. :cool: :thumbs:
Pity its not fluttering in the wind Dave lad :roll: