BBZ spro lures

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
fishder
Perch
Perch

BBZ spro lures

Post by fishder »

Hi Iam looking to buy a few off theese lures any shops in uk doing them at a reasonable price or anywhere. cheers
fishder
Perch
Perch

Re: BBZ spro lures

Post by fishder »

6inch do you have some for sale ? cheers.
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

Neville has a good selection
The tackle shop Gainsborough
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

Harris angling
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Personally, I wouldn't bother. They make great ornaments, but like most of these swimbaits, the more realistic they are, the more useless they are as fishing lures. They were designed for Large Bass fishing in the States, where I am sure they are 'go to' lure; but our dopey Pike don't think much of them. I wasted quite a few hours chucking them to find that out. Ironically, the first pike I ever caught on one was a 26, but frankly the sheer lack of follows and even takes, resigned me to stop using them. I sold my little collection a while ago, but I still have one, that I usually offer to my boat partner as a bet that if they can outfish me using it, I'll pay their boat fees. I haven't had to get my wallet out once :laughs:
Piking Plonker
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Never a follow or a fish on mine ... As Mark said, looked great, nice action but that amounts to nothing, I quickly resigned mine to the collection that sits in the loft
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

A third vote of "no confidence" in these lures, just as Mark and Stew comment.

Any lure can catch on-the-day, but personal experience of this make/swimbait' has only ever produced the very occasional isolated follow and no takes at all.

Good action in the water...........little true pulling power for our esox, much better lures out there.

I would use a rubber swimbait' all day every day over these.

:handshake:
Danoutdoors
Chub
Chub

Post by Danoutdoors »

I’m not a huge fan though I have caught a couple on them, something just don’t feel right about them, for that type of lure I’d be sure I would have better results on a old 19cm fourplay, I still keep two in the box but barely do they get a swim
fishder
Perch
Perch

Post by fishder »

cheers for the replys.
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Yeah, whenever I get the opportunity to chat with fellow lure anglers, the consensus is that this type of swimbait isn't up to much. They really do look like they'll catch and think therein lies the reason people will buy them and continue to use them. I've even had them out on planer boards, trolling for hours and hours without so much as tap. Yet look at say a spinner bait - why on earth should that catch so many pike? ... it's all about those triggers...
Piking Plonker
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

a mate used the larger version to good success as a top water lure, one pit we fished they went mad for it! where hawg wobblers got ignored, the bbz didn't, and normally the hawg really winds pike up.

similar to the SG line thru's, some people think there s**t, for me they work very very well.
royboy
Chub
Chub

Post by royboy »

I have had just a few jacks on the 6" ones , but my 8" ones are ate to bits both trolling and casting !

Though there is a pike guide near me who gives them to his novice clients to use and they have had loads on them .

Who knows why fish take one lure over the other :scratch:
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

royboy wrote: Sat Sep 22 2018 14:39 -
I have had just a few jacks on the 6" ones , but my 8" ones are ate to bits both trolling and casting !

Though there is a pike guide near me who gives them to his novice clients to use and they have had loads on them .

Who knows why fish take one lure over the other :scratch:
strange init

even to the point of casting a 15cm lien thru around a swim, not even a follow...switch to the 20cm and first cast a follow..size begin the difference, or..did i just get it closer to the fish?
Steve D
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve D »

Had loads of pike on the 4" size when targeting perch, the dirty shad colour always seems to do well.

As above Nevs shop has a good selection.
Theres one or two phoneys round here ..
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

alan behenna wrote: Sat Sep 22 2018 07:30 -
A third vote of "no confidence" in these lures, just as Mark and Stew comment.
And a fourth here! :laughs:

I gave them what I'd consider a fair trial, but ended up selling them on. A while later I bought another, for some unknown reason, only to end up getting rid of that as well :neutral:

The 4", strangely, is quite effective though :scratch:
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

The savage line through trout in 20cm has easily out fished the smaller and bigger sizes for me. The roach trolls superbly but after two 12hr+ trolling days with it flatlined behind a planer and on the rigger it's not had a sniff.
But ime very confident with these lures. And I'm sure it will come good eventually.
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

fergie68 wrote: Sun Sep 23 2018 10:58 -
The savage line through trout in 20cm has easily out fished the smaller and bigger sizes for me. The roach trolls superbly but after two 12hr+ trolling days with it flatlined behind a planer and on the rigger it's not had a sniff.
But ime very confident with these lures. And I'm sure it will come good eventually.
Same here with the SG line through trout fergie,the 20cm are brilliant :thumbs:
fishder
Perch
Perch

Post by fishder »

mabey its the extra lenth that gets them to work better but i have also found the 20cm work alot better.
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

fishder wrote: Thu Sep 27 2018 09:10 -
mabey its the extra lenth that gets them to work better but i have also found the 20cm work a lot better.
15CM has worked better for me, casting only, but still if the 15 is ignored i can normally rely on the 20cm to get some attention, never had any issues with the traces either.
alan behenna
Barbel
Barbel

Post by alan behenna »

fergie68 wrote: Sun Sep 23 2018 10:58 -

Are we talking the 3D version of this, (the trout) or the 4D perchance? 3's got the double trebles, 4 is the single. I believe some folks were re-doing the wire crimping?
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

Both and I re-done both as my first line through trace snapped with a gentle pull luckily before I put it in the water. The new hook harness on the 4d is a very good idea. I Just add a sec d treble to cover the tail area.
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
fishder
Perch
Perch

Post by fishder »

Strange i have had more sucess on the 3D than the 4D .
micky dolan
Barbel
Barbel

Post by micky dolan »

Bought loads of Spro's when they first came out spent a fortune....
Quickly realised they were no good caught feck all from various venues , not sure why :shrug:
Moved them on .
Everything rubber for me nowadays..
c14r4n
Roach
Roach

Post by c14r4n »

Absolutely brilliant lures, anyone wanting rid of 8 inch fast sinks pm me 😉
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

micky dolan wrote: Sat Sep 29 2018 07:02 -
Bought loads of Spro's when they first came out spent a fortune....
Quickly realised they were no good caught feck all from various venues , not sure why :shrug:
Moved them on .
Everything rubber for me nowadays..
They lack the artificial trigger of other lures. You'd catch more pike fishing with a 8" dildo :afraid: Joking aside, there's simply stacks of lures that'll do the same job and out fish them. The only fella I personally know who 'kinda' rates them, still admits that he only tends to get takes when the pike are massively switched on.
Piking Plonker
PikeHandle
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by PikeHandle »

As others say - BBZ 6 inch doesnt catch but the 4 inch perch or pike pattern catches loads with an abrupt start stop retrieve.
Glad I read this thread as I have only ever caught one fish on the 6 inch but it was my biggest from that venue so probably wrongly persevere with it...

I've got a Mike the Pike hard body lure that seems to not work- just like the BBZ 6 inch Pike- which has always puzzled me as both look and swim great.
I'm on the SG 3d crew as well...4d's just dont work for me.