Pike Spoons

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
fishder
Perch
Perch

Pike Spoons

Post by fishder »

I was looking to find the names off a few good pike spoons for trolling any info appreciated .
fossil-fish
Perch
Perch

Re: Pike Spoons

Post by fossil-fish »

Michael Bruton
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Lucky Strike Lizard, Kuusamo Professor in various sizes, and for something a little different, Sebile Onduspoon.

The Sebile, with its rattles, seems to be a bit of a marmite lure for the fish, but on the right day and water they can be extremely productive.

The Sebile is also quite a slow sinker, so can be worked shallow. For trolling, you may need some weight above the leader to get them down to where you want them.
Mark Phillips
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark Phillips »

You can troll any spoon, but the best spoon for trolling I've used (for pike) is the biggest Kuusamo in copper/silver. Sends out tons of flash and some good vibrations, plus it tracks well, even when weighed down. I often fish them on short lines just behind the prop, which can be very productive on the right day. Else fishing them wide on planer boards is another way to explore shallower water at a decent lick...
Piking Plonker
fishder
Perch
Perch

Post by fishder »

cheers lads i will give the kusamao pro a go.
Milvuss
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Milvuss »

Late to this thread - but echo the promoters of the Kuusamo Professor. It's been a 'go to' with good reason for me in previous years
Ian Crook
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Ian Crook »

Kuusamo Professor
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

When the very first pike cull was being sorted the killer spoon was a 6x4" monster hand beaten from a copper sheet and fished bumped along the bottom.
Looked b awful but the 20's wouldn't leave it alone, some silly journalist even had one in under 30mins of being afloat.

Block of wood, some scrap copper and a ball pein hammer and who knows what you could make.

:thumbs:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
Kevin O'Keeffe
Charity Fundraiser
Charity Fundraiser

Post by Kevin O'Keeffe »

Another "like" for the lucky strike lizard spoons. Casting or trolled. Caught me loads of fish. possibly change the hooks though... the last ones I got seemed to be inferior to the older models.

Weight em down when trolling as required to get to the depth you need.
Love the hit!
Cotswoldfisherman
Roach
Roach

Post by Cotswoldfisherman »

Bit late to party, but me and my dad buy cutlery sets from Tesco and cut the handles off the spoons which come to 43g with an Eagle Claw. Nice bit of stainless to lob, still need to try welding two together for the extra heft. We've even got some serving spoons in the drawer awaiting the saw.
I fish.... Therefore I am.